Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want Tobias this year, did you want Trevor Ariza or Isaiah Thomas last year?
Those guys would've provided more value than Tobias but we might've lost our pick.

If you want Tobias this year, did you want Trevor Ariza or Isaiah Thomas last year?
Those guys would've provided more value than Tobias but we might've lost our pick.

Precisely. I wanted to keep our pick last year. We needed more youth/talent. We got that now.

Tobias is 22, Ariza nearin 30. I rather insert Tobias into this core, grow from there.

CP you and I butted heads a lot last offseason going into the "tank."

But going into this year were on the exact same page.

Agree with all of your thoughts.
I'd rather not waste cap space on players that are just going to strangle hold us on younger more helpful pieces the next upcoming years.

We gotta be patient, we finally have a future with our young 3. No reason to be so damn negative because we missed out on GREG MONROE.

Sheesh.

As if Greg Monroe is the only person we've missed out on. So Amare and David Lee or whoever we end up settling for isn't going to stunt the growth of Julius this year when we desperately need him to ball out

CP you and I butted heads a lot last offseason going into the "tank."

But going into this year were on the exact same page.

Agree with all of your thoughts.
I'd rather not waste cap space on players that are just going to strangle hold us on younger more helpful pieces the next upcoming years.

We gotta be patient, we finally have a future with our young 3. No reason to be so damn negative because we missed out on GREG MONROE.

Sheesh.

As if Greg Monroe is the only person we've missed out on. So Amare and David Lee or whoever we end up settling for isn't going to stunt the growth of Julius this year when we desperately need him to ball out

You gotta cheer up bro.
Things could been worse, we almost lost our pick.

Instead, we have a future star PG in D'Angelo.

Things are gonna get better.

As this point we have to hope DLo and Clarkson turn into Steph and Klay caliber and Randle becomes Dray before 2020 cause that'll be our only shot at being competitive.

NYK>LAL in free agency

So glad I sold my season tix book after we drafted DLO

This is absolutely pathetic

Last edited:
Silver lining-plenty of dodged bullets-albatross contracts for fringe contributors/aging "stars". The only guys I really wanted were DJ/LMA/Butler/tobias. 2 weren't coming/the others RFAs. Team friendly deals on some others welcome. Let's just hope no panic moves are made and that the youngsters pan out+upshaw showing out in vegas. Happy 4th to all.

As this point we have to hope DLo and Clarkson turn into Steph and Klay caliber and Randle becomes Dray before 2020 cause that'll be our only shot at being competitive.

You gotta remember it took years for Steph to get free agents like Iggy to wanna come play in GS.

People gotta see that you're either fun or competitive before they become seriously interested.
Right now, basketball wise all were associated with is jokes and memes.

You gotta change the perception, and you do that by either winning or at least being competitive.

They'll come man, it's just too soon.
No one wants to be a part of a Laker team that has no chance to win for 2-3 years, it doesn't matter who presented what.

Matrix-GIF.gif

You gotta remember it took years for Steph to get free agents like Iggy to wanna come play in GS.

People gotta see that you're either fun or competitive before they become seriously interested.
Right now, basketball wise all were associated with is jokes and memes.

You gotta change the perception, and you do that by either winning or at least being competitive.

They'll come man, it's just too soon.
No one wants to be a part of a Laker team that has no chance to win for 2-3 years, it doesn't matter who presented what.

So a team with DLo, Randle and Clarkson is going to win or even be competitive in the West over the next few years? Took Steph and Klay 3 years to be playoff caliber, KD and Russ the same and that's with two generational talents and another two great ones in Klay and Russ. So I don't know what winning and competitiveness you're seeing, but I don't think it's there at all.

Interesting to see how Mitch spins this debacle.

Maybe something to the effect of "there were a few key free agents we targeted, and we decided if we didn't sign them, we would preserve our flexibility for next summer".

Which may be why they didn't care about Robin Lopez or Tyson or Ed or whoever else.

Still there has to be a reason they didn't go after Tobias . Either they're not interested in him as a player or they think Orl will match and don't want to tie up money

There's no way to spin this. They did the exact same thing with Melo/Bron last summer. Clearly they didn't learn their lesson.

You guys just had high hopes man

Now they are forced to play the young guys. Only way they will get better is with playing time.

Even with aldridge or jordan we werent doing squat anyways

Again, you don't sign a RFA until July 9. Allows only 3 days for them to match.

Sign now, it gives them over a week to figure out how to match. (Because actual signed paperwork is not filed til the 9th).

Tobias is still in play. But need to wait a week still. I pray Mitch is interested in him.

Sign now, it gives them over a week to figure out how to match. (Because actual signed paperwork is not filed til the 9th).

Tobias is still in play. But need to wait a week still. I pray Mitch is interested in him.

Doesn't matter anyone ORL is going to match all offers now.

Doesn't matter anyone ORL is going to match all offers now.

Bro stop acting like you know what the future holds, none of us are psychic :lol:

Part of the reason sports are so exciting IS SUSPENSE, aka ANYTHING BEING POSSIBLE AT ANYTIME.

No one thought PAU FOR KWAME BROWN was happening.
No one thought LeBron was going to Miami.
Not a lot of people thought LeBron was leaving Miami.

Point is, **** happens everyday that none of us expect.

Stop ruining the suspense for yourself my g, just relax.

Mitch knows Lakers need to be competitive to keep his job much longer, this is all a slap in the face for him.
A reality check.

Same for our owners.

**** will get better, if it doesn't we'll be getting a new president of operations and we'll go a different direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom