Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pincus outlining the Lakers had pre-arranged something with Indy IF their top targets fell.

LMA, DAJ, and Monroe were those targets. Once missed, pulled trigger on Hibbert.

Anybody know what time the game starts tomorrow?

Edit: nvm just saw the picture above

Last edited:
I really hope Hibbert shows up this season. Shut the haters up.

Thank god no more Lin, boozer and Wes.

Ed Davis isnt as fickle as DJ...man, still cant get over him needing the clips to hold his hand 

scumbag doc then has the nerve to say , "it happens". this the same guy who forced his way out of a signed contract...cant respect that 

Last edited:
I haven't been this excited for an SPL game since '96....
smokin.gif

damn.....don't do slots but i gotta get to vegas

I'm the best man in a wedding next year. Told my boy we'll do a typical bachelor party back home and about 5 or 6 of us will hop a flight to Vegas. 

damn.....don't do slots but i gotta get to vegas

I'm the best man in a wedding next year. Told my boy we'll do a typical bachelor party back home and about 5 or 6 of us will hop a flight to Vegas. 
Going to Costa Rica for mine in September 
nthat.gif

I go to vegas at least 2 times a year.. Go to the vegas thread in general if you need any ideas or tips

So goes I am going to need some info on where i can watch this game online.
I was suppose to be in vegas today to watch it live but unfortunately work for me :smh:

Clarkson Leads Summer League Squad

by Joey Ramirez
Lakers.com Contributor
Posted: Jul 08, 2015
Just one year ago, Jordan Clarkson was the new guy — a 46th overall draft pick preparing for his first taste of the NBA Summer League. Now, he is a member of the All-Rookie First Team and getting set to lead his squad in this year’s tournament in Las Vegas.

Clarkson never left the bench for more than half of the Lakers’ first 40 games last season, but a few months later he was averaging 20.2 points and 6.5 assists in L.A.’s final 13 contests. Summer League head coach Mark Madsen sees this leap as a testament to Clarkson’s will.

“The level of work that Jordan has put in over this last year is absolutely incredible, and it’s paying dividends,” Madsen said. “Monday after practice, he stayed late and would not leave the court until he finished his shooting progression. His legs were dead. That type of meticulous hunger to improve is something that has taken Jordan Clarkson to the level that he is right now.”

Despite the increased exposure and expectations that have come with the accolades garnered in his rookie season, Clarkson maintains his underdog mentality. The chief difference is that he is no longer working in the background, but rather in full sight of his teammates looking toward him for guidance.

“My mindset is coming in here and to keep progressing and working hard,” Clarkson said. “It’s a little different because I’m one of the older guys now. Just being able to come in here and try to lead and work on my leadership skills and talk to guys. That’s what I’m really working on: trying to communicate with guys.”

Still, that vocal leadership is a bit foreign to Clarkson, who tends to favor actions over words. But the 23-year-old nonetheless plans to keep “showing these guys what the Laker brand and Laker basketball is all about.”

“It’s kind of the same mindset coming in showing improvements and trying to play hard,” he said. “My mindset really hasn’t changed. I’ve still got the same chip. But it has changed in terms of leadership and being one of the older guys talking to these young guys.

“Last year I was kind of quiet during Summer League. I still feel myself falling into that sometimes during practice, but I’ve got to remind myself every day: ‘You’ve got to talk up and lead these guys.’”

According to Madsen, it would be tough to find a more capable leader than Clarkson. To him, the combo guard’s drive has him on a different track than his peers.

“The thing about Jordan Clarkson that differentiates him from the rest of the rookie class is his work ethic,” Madsen said. “Jordan will get to the gym early. He will stay late. In the summertime, there were times when he was coming into this facility at 7 a.m. to get extra shots and conditioning, and to continue to develop some of those skills that will push him to the next level.”

Good to know he's working on his leadership. He got frustrated and dropped some n bombs on Jordan hill more than once last season :lol:

2016 could be fun :nerd:

Laker could sign Hibbert to a 4 year / $64-70mil deal (Starting at $16mil).

And have room for a 30% max, and 93% of another max.

Assuming Bass opts out, we trade Swaggy, drop Ryan Kelly, drop Jabari Brown. 3 of 4 very likely, and trading Swaggy will be easy when he's making next to nothing compared to other bench scorers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom