Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kareem had quadruple bypass surgery today and is in recovery.
Damn, and here I thought Kareem was a healthy dude with his yoga practices and all that jazz. I wonder if there's something underlying... Glad he's in recovery though. 

$108mil in 2017? Good god that's a lot.
Russ going to get 40 mil 
pimp.gif

It depends, if we land KAT I would be like eh... Maybe, if cheap... Maybe...

If we land Winslow or another perimeter player, I'd probably be more open to it.

If Hibbert paid us to take him, I'd say no.

One of my least favorites in the entire L.

Last edited:
tbh roy hibbert would be a pretty good coat hanger 

maybe he might even stumble and fall on nick young 

Hibbert is still an elite defender. And his size is something he'll always have.

I'm not saying he's dope... But he would be a great big off the bench... If that would even be possible after next season.

Hibbert is still an elite defender. And his size is something he'll always have.

I'm not saying he's dope... But he would be a great big off the bench... If that would even be possible after next season.
Actually, I'll buy that.

Sans 'elite', I'll buy it.

2 yr deal for Hibbert would be nice. Nothing long term.

Then again his value would only be against the likes of Duncan, #12, LMA.

I mean, that's a lot of value, though.

Whoever our frontline is, having 6 fouls to throw at LMA/Duncan/Dwert, that's not a bad thing, man. Would help keeping our starting frontline in the game if nothing else.

Just not something to overpay for.

Why not perkins? He's perfectly capable of giving you nothing on offense while effectively guarding 2 or 3 players in the league including dwight

I am high on Hibbert's defense. It's still elite considering Pacers had a great defense despite losing Lance & PG in different ways for the season.

My problem is putting the money into him. He's late 20s (almost 30).

The difference between he and Dwight is even Dwight's basic offense will get a bunch of points and he rebounds well. Roy rebounds like a SF. But that could also be a result that he contests a high % of shots which takes him out of position for a few rebounds a game.

But I mean if we exhaust every option and come away with nothing and Hibbert is still sitting there? That's fine.

But I wouldn't go after him unless we strike out with a bunch of other players.

Last edited:
I mean, that's a lot of value, though.

Whoever our frontline is, having 6 fouls to throw at LMA/Duncan/Dwert, that's not a bad thing, man. Would help keeping our starting frontline in the game if nothing else.

Just not something to overpay for.

Oh its definitely value those 12 games are great. We just have take his disadvantages for the other 70 :lol:

Overpaying for him would be a serious mistake... What did Javale McGee or Gortat get? 10mil a yr?

I am high on Hibbert's defense. It's still elite considering Pacers had a great defense despite losing Lance & PG in different ways for the season.

My problem is putting the money into him. He's late 20s (almost 30).

The difference between he and Dwight is even Dwight's basic offense will get a bunch of points and he rebounds well. Roy rebounds like a SF. But that could also be a result that he contests a high % of shots which takes him out of position for a few rebounds a game.

But I mean if we exhaust every option and come away with nothing and Hibbert is still sitting there? That's fine.

But I wouldn't go after him unless we strike out with a bunch of other players.
Dude is 7'2 and like 280 lbs? Difficult for a guy his size and non-elite athlete to a contest shot, turn around, box out and go get a rebound on a consistent basis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom