Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. 2 draft pick could mean end of Jordan Hill's run with Lakers

WIth the Lakers winning the second overall pick in the 2015 NBA draft, Jordan Hill's time with the team could be nearing an end.

The team has an option on Hill's contract next year with the decision due before July. The Lakers can either pay him $9 million for the 2015-16 season, or render him an unrestricted free agent.

The top two prospects in the draft, Duke's Jahlil Okafor and Kentucky's Karl-Anthony Towns, both play the same position as Hill.

Okafor is more of a true center, while Towns (like Hill) can also play power forward. The Lakers could also look at a guard like Ohio State's D'Angelo Russell, perhaps making Hill more of a viable fit on the roster.

The Lakers also have power forward Julius Randle back from a leg injury, along with Tarik Black and Ryan Kelly. The team can also choose to keep center Robert Sacre at just under $1 million for next season.

Ed Davis will opt out the second year on his contract to become an unrestricted free agent.

The Lakers clearly have options at the power positions, but paying $9 million for Hill doesn't seem like the likely choice, especially if the team wants to be a player in free agency.

Hill's salary is problematic. The team would have up to $22.2 million in spending power without him but just $13.8 million if they keep Hill at his option price.

The franchise has four players under contract (Kobe Bryant, Nick Young, Randle and Kelly). Jordan Clarkson, Jabari Brown, Black and Sacre are non-guaranteed at minimum salaries. Cutting any may not be worth the little bit of additional cap space it opens up (less than $500,000 each).

The No. 2 pick (unsigned) will take up $4.3 million of the Lakers' cap room this summer. Once the player inks his contract, he'll receive an industry standard bump in pay to $5.1 million.

The Lakers also have the Houston Rockets' 27th pick (via the Jeremy Lin trade), taking up almost $1 million in cap space.

To maximize their cap space, the Lakers would need to let Hill go, while renouncing the rights to free agents like Jeremy Lin, Carlos Boozer, Wesley Johnson, etc.).

Some of the top free agents potentially include LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland Trail Blazers), Marc Gasol (Memphis Grizzlies), DeAndre Jordan (Clippers), Kevin Love (Cleveland Cavaliers), Goran Dragic (Miami Heat), Greg Monroe (Detroit Pistons) and Rajon Rondo (Dallas Mavericks), among others.

Many of the best players who may be available are power forwards or centers.

Restricted free agents include Jimmy Butler (Chicago Bulls), Kawhi Leonard (San Antonio Spurs), Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors), Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks) and Tobias Harris (Orlando Magic). The Lakers may find it difficult or even impossible to lure away a restricted player, given the leverage their existing teams have to match any offer.

The Lakers could look to trade Hill, but only if he is opted into his salary for next season. If they do decline his option, the Lakers have the ability to re-sign him -- should both parties have interest in a return.

Through 70 appearances last season (57 starts), Hill averaged 12.0 points and 7.9 rebounds a game while shooting 45.9% from the field.

Source:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-jordan-hill-lakers-20150520-story.html

Yes. Please get rid of the basura in: Hill, Lin, Sacre, and Wesley Johnson.

Man if only we could find a team to trade Wacky P for some chicklets it would be a perfect summer.

Last edited:
If it's possible to rework Hill's deal I'd try to keep him around to be honest.

Eduardo is gonna cost way too much for next season

Last edited:
If it's possible to rework Hill's deal I'd try to keep him around to be honest.

Eduardo is gonna cost way too much for next season

Nope the NBA's CBA does not allow contracts to be re worked.

Only thing you and J. Hill can hope for is that he & the Lakers agree to a much cheaper deal when he hits free agency, which I seriously doubt will happen.

Last edited:
It's not easy to dump, and I wouldn't necessarily dump Hill.  You can't go full on 76ers mode just because you have fresh meat coming on board.  

Hill, Davis, Randle, Okafor look good to me at the F/C position.

Garbage guys would be draft busts like Sacre and Kelly, but they can just be fillers on the roster.

Lakers have another pick late in the draft, and they can pull a Manu or whatever. LOLZ

#2 and #27.

They can try find another SF/Wing dude or body up inside.  

pick a big

get a russell through free agency later on 
nerd.gif
RW is a stat dude, but it doesn't mean he has what it takes to win, and he hasn't proven anything either.  In actuality, his style would not be beneficial for the rookies we have.  I wouldn't sign a guy like RW.  I don't care how many Triple Double he has.  His style of play is actually detrimental to the team.  His resume says so.  So unless people are okay w/ him shining alone w/ individual accolades, he is far from it.

Best KD, WB, IBAKA, HARDEN could ever do was reach the finals if you had to quilt it.  I think that speaks for itself.  Now, if you wanna bring in the PJ talk, then maybe PJ being there would've yielded much results, because PJ was brought into take these 'a tad short' teams and turn them into championships. LOLZ

It's not easy to dump, and I wouldn't necessarily dump Hill.  You can't go full on 76ers mode just because you have fresh meat coming on board.  

Garbage guys would be draft busts like Sacre and Kelly, but they can just be fillers on the roster.

Lakers have another pick late in the draft, and they can pull a Manu or whatever. LOLZ

#2 and #27.

Get lost dude. You've been trollin so hard lately it's only a matter of time before your banned. I'm sure though you already have or are in the process of making multiple back up NT ID's.

Here's the problem & key to J. Hill's current contract:

Hill's salary is problematic. The team would have up to $22.2 million in spending power without him but just $13.8 million if they keep Hill at his option price.

Last edited:

#2 and #27.

You just keep posting troll stuff like this and keep showing us the lack of basketball intelligence you have.

Sacre was the last pick in the entire draft when he came out.

Ryan Kelly was a late 2nd round pick also.

So I don't get where your logic is by saying they were draft busts.

Nobody expected these guys to be nothing more than what they currently are which is bench warmers & journey men.

Last edited:
what if we offered minny randle + other stuff for the #1? okafor + towns :wow: :lol: just kidding but damn i hope we get towns. he pairs so much better with julius and i think he'll be the better player than okafor in the short and long term

have a weird feeling about okafor. if kat goes one, wouldnt mind mitch working on a deal for boogie.

:nerd:

Id trade number 2 and 27 for number 1

Regardless if you think towns can make himself look like he hate minny minny aint dumb. Its still a business. They know they hold the cards and can draft a player even if they dont want to go there regardless. Might as well get it now while the getting is good.

To secure that number one pick id give up number 27 in a heartbeat

Id trade number 2 and 27 for number 1

Regardless if you think towns can make himself look like he hate minny minny aint dumb. Its still a business. They know they hold the cards and can draft a player even if they dont want to go there regardless. Might as well get it now while the getting is good.

To secure that number one pick id give up number 27 in a heartbeat

Hell give them 34 too

You want fries with that? :lol:

And Clarkson. And we'll move back to Minny

:smh:

Why bother trading things to move up a spot. It's okay to end up with Okafor or Towns.

Last edited:
If we lose Ed Davis and Jordan Hill our bigs will be a bunch of rookies and youngsters - Randle, oka/kat, tarik - need some veteranism down low. I guess we have Sacre lol

Last edited:
No he's not. Unless it's for moving up to number 1.

Last edited:
Why do posts get deleted? Are we not allowed to fake curse anymore? :lol: by fake curse I mean type "*" for the letters we use?

Correct.

It's actually never been allowed. The profanity filter is for when mods miss something.

I've been tightening things up because people have been getting super lax.

When people have posts full of **** every other word and their response is, "Oh, I see others do it so I thought it was cool," then things need to be tightened up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom