Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point but still Pau this season rebounded at a very high clip and still showed an excellent touch shooting, which seem to be some of Okafor's weakness.

I see Okafor as a Greg Monroe type in this league which is okay to have, just not okay when your other future frontcourt guy is somewhat undersized and can't rim protect.

So then why take a guy who does the same things as the other young guy you have (Randle) because CONVENTIONAL THINKING SAYS SO???

Make a big run at DJ or Marc and get your lead guard for 10 years..... GREAT

There isn't a wrong answer really just good debate fodder.

In all honesty I Really do like Russell but as limited as i may think Okafors ceiling is (In terms of being a SUPERSTAR/ Build around talent) i don't think he will really be a bust, So i could see why Lakers FO wouldn't wanna take the Gamble.

Sidenote... Do ya'll think Charlotte would Take Young for Stephenson? I would have to imagine the Hornets really wanting Lance gone, their contracts are similar, both are headaches, but Lance when focused can be much more conductive to winning, & i don't see him being as much of a headache while Kobe still has a presence on the team. He seems to work well with guys who have an Intensity.

So then why take a guy who does the same things as the other young guy you have (Randle) because CONVENTIONAL THINKING SAYS SO???

Make a big run at DJ or Marc and get your lead guard for 10 years..... GREAT

There isn't a wrong answer really just good debate fodder.
Because the odds of getting DJ and Marc are slim to none. You don't pass on the consensus #2 player for a PG when both positions are a need. Okafor does the same things as Randle tho? Wut.

Sidenote... Do ya'll think Charlotte would Take Young for Stephenson? I would have to imagine the Hornets really wanting Lance gone, their contracts are similar, both are headaches, but Lance when focused can be much more conductive to winning, & i don't see him being as much of a headache while Kobe still has a presence on the team. He seems to work well with guys who have an Intensity.

Doubtful.

They'd probably want the 27 & 34 as well... Because even though Lance was horrific, like extremely horrific in Charlotte. Shot the worst 3P% of ALL TIME.. They thought he would take them the next step in the playoffs. And would want to come back away with something for him if they part ways.

Also if K.Love is willing to come to L.A which i know he has to be eyeing... would ya'll consider trading Randle for a lottery pick... or another young guard in return...

I've never been big on K.Love being "that" guy... but he's clearly the most talented of FA's this summer that would realistically come here, & i much rather max him then Max DJ 100/10

Love/Okafor front court while still being trash defensively is much better than Randle/Okafor in virtually every category... & i think will help Okafor develop much better.

Also if K.Love is willing to come to L.A which i know he has to be eyeing... would ya'll consider trading Randle for a lottery pick... or another young guard in return...

I've never been big on K.Love being "that" guy... but he's clearly the most talented of FA's this summer that would realistically come here, & i much rather max him then Max DJ 100/10.

No.

You would be trading him for pennies on the dollar.

If they sign Love, I hope we don't, you live with it, and have him develop behind Love for a couple of years, and then takes Love's spot.

Last edited:
Nah you don't get rid of Randle without ever seeing him play. He may need to ease back in anyway, he can lead the bench mob in a LO type role if they sign Love.

Based on love being a proven 20PPG scorer, Being an Elite Level rebounder, being able to shoot the three ball at a high rate Giving Okafor much more one on one post up opportunities, Being a very skilled passer and someone who can get Okafor some easy baskets in the post... Basically everythingon the court like i stated above.

Would yall trade #2 pick and Randle for #1 and Dieng?

No.

Dieng ceiling nowhere near Randle's.

Also is 25. There's very little room for him to grow. By the time he reaches his stride, his body will start to go.

Randle is 20. And right now I'd rather have Randle. So in 5 years, that answer is still the same.

Not worth it to move up 1 spot.

Last edited:
Based on love being a proven 20PPG scorer, Being an Elite Level rebounder, being able to shoot the three ball at a high rate Giving Okafor much more one on one post up opportunities, Being a very skilled passer and someone who can get Okafor some easy baskets in the post... Basically everythingon the court like i stated above.

And also based on not seeing Julius Randle play more than 15 minutes of professional basketball.

You can have your preferences, but it's impossible to say a Love/Okafor combo is going to be better in "virtually every category"

Last edited:
Well if your opinion is that suddenly Julius Randle has developed into a knockdown three point shooter who spaces the floor, and a guy whos gonna grab 12-14 boards a night, who's has a major strength in passing the ball the yea he would be just as good of a fit.

However since every scouting report on him from H.S to the combine didn't really point to those being his strengths i'm gonna have to go With the guy whos Skillset I KNOW would beneft a player who does most of his work in the post and is a average rebounder.

Well if your opinion is that suddenly Julius Randle has developed into a knockdown three point shooter who spaces the floor, and a guy whos gonna grab 12-14 boards a night, who's has a major strength in passing the ball the yea he would be just as good of a fit.

However since every scouting report on him from H.S to the combine didn't really point to those being his strengths i'm gonna have to go With the guy whos Skillset I KNOW would beneft a player who does most of his work in the post and is a average rebounder.

Randle is a good passer.

And Love's rebounding is inflated by giving no damns on defense to instead go for rebounds.

Also Kevin Love hates being a guy who stands out on the perimeter. That's why he's hated being in Cleveland. He does not like just floating out at the 3 point line. He likes taking threes, but doesn't like that being his main source of offense, and where he is situated on the court.

Last edited:

Julius Randle doesn't need to be a knockdown three point shooter to fit in with Okafor or any other post player. There are other types of skillsets and types that can fit in just as well.

Randle has a shot, can bring the ball up, can pass. If those things hold true, they can all fit with a player who works in the post.

One guy being a post player doesn't automatically mean the other has to be a stretch shooter. It's not that basic.

Last edited:
There's good reason to think that.

But doesn't mean trading Randle is a good idea.

Especially if you are never going to get fair value for him.
But what is fair value? 

Think about this. He was the #7 pick last season. Behind Wiggins & Parker was the most ready NBA player in that draft. Embiid much more potential, but he is a lot more potential than he is concrete skills + fundamental. Mostly because he picked up the game late.

But as we all know he broke his leg on game 1. Missed the whole season. And teams could also use his HS injury as well because he had a precautionary changing of the screw in his foot.

Soooo his stock is down.

Hence, teams will offer you pennies on the dollar.

Moving up 1 pick and Dieng is not even remotely worth it.

Last edited:
Randle is a good passer.

And Love's rebounding is inflated by giving no damns on defense to instead go for rebounds.

Also Kevin Love hates being a guy who stands out on the perimeter. That's why he's hated being in Cleveland. He does not like just floating out at the 3 point line.

True but their's a huge difference between doing what he did in Cleveland vs doing what he was doing in Minny, he still took 3's in Minny yet he was able to get the ball in different spots and have allot more plays ran for him all over the court.

I think Loves overall stats were inflated but you don't get 14-15 boards a night w/o being supremely athletic if you aren't a great rebounder. Even while Cle had him sitting out at the three line & playing with Bron & Thompson he still managed 10 boards a game.

What's up with everyone in here tryna trade Randle away... Just to move up one spot? :lol:

We don't even know how good he can possibly be yet.

Nick for Lance? And you think swaggy is a headache????

What the hell are you guys smoking

Yall sound like Dantoni now. 2 bigs can't play together? Why does Randle need to be a shooter now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom