Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I don’t believe we are in on Ty Lawson. I think his agent is using our name for leverage for his client. I want this known, first thing, right here.

With that, on the outside chance we somehow are truly in the game, to me, it’s simple.

If the Nuggets want talent back, hang up the phone, it’s over.

If the Nuggets are willing to sell for 8 cents on the dollar, and would accept Nick Young/Sacre/Kelly/Black (the back end of our bench) then I do that, hands down.

That is a talent, upgrade, pure and simple.

Does he fit our team, now? No. Does he have a chance to become useful later? Yes. And that’s more than what the 4 I named will ever be. (outside of maybe Black turning into something decent)

Yes, he would be in front of Russell a little bit, and yes, that sucks a little. But note, Clarkson played a total 1,400+ minutes last year. And was All NBA all rookie. Russ playin 20 minutes a night for 80 games would still net him 1,600+ minutes, maybe even stretch that to 1,700 with a few extra minutes here and there. At age 19. After we just saw Julius Randle get 14 minutes at age 19. Kobe eeked out 2,000 minutes at 19, if Russ got to 1,700, and we added Lawson, there’s somehow something bad about this?

And more to the point, didn't everyone just want LMA? The older, more expensive PF to play ahead of Randle? This is somehow different? I'd take a 2 year flier on the younger/cheaper player blocking an even younger kid than LMA for 4 years over the older Randle.

Lawson/Russell
Clarkson/Lou
Kobe/Brown
Randle/Bass/Nance
Hibbert/Upshaw

Then you go into the offseason with 50 million or whatever in cap to more, and you can use Lawson as a trade asset to try and re-calibrate the roster and give Russell the spot on a more full time basis. Or you simply play out Lawson’s final year of his contract if need be, and let Russ take over at age 21. Either way, you gain an NBA caliber starter, in the name of the Swaggy/Sacre/Black/Kelly combo platter of nothing.

There’s risk, but it doesn’t outweigh the potential gain. Lawson’s issues are off the court, not on the court. And on the court, we need upgrades, wherever and however we can get them.

Again, I don’t think we are really in on this, I think this is agent selling his client/spreading rumors.
I also don’t think Denver would actually pull the trigger on Swaggy/Sacre/Kelly/Black, I think someone would beat our best offer.

But if that was all it took, I don’t see enough reason for us to saw, “naw”, like I keep reading around the webz.

You would have to think some other team would offer something better than the combination of Swaggy P/Kelly/Whatever else though. There's a reason why Mitch hasn't been able to trade Swaggy and his relatively cheap contract.

But hey, if Mitch can work something out, why not?

Last edited:
Agreed but you don't need to include a pick and black for him. Just give him players we don't need and see if another team is desperate enough to give them more.
laugh.gif
I don't care if he does have 2 DUI's, we will have to give up at minimum Black and probably a couple second rounders with that other trash.

So we would have an alcoholic and a coke fiend on the same team. And ask everyone on the team to sacrifice minutes for a head case like lawson. I swear I just read a report the other day about how the Nuggets couldn't get rid of him and were considering waiving him now all of a sudden there's a market for him. I call bs

Last edited:
I honestly think this is much to do about nothing.
I'm tired of our name being linked to every single player in the league and not getting them.
Trust me guys next week it'll be someone else.

Lawson went for like 20pts and 10a against us the last three seasons...bring him in if it's for the low!!!

But yeah I feel like the LAL name is just getting thrown around as usual....

Most Disappointing Rookie: D'Angelo Russell | L.A. Lakers

It's easy to overreact to Russell's rough week in Las Vegas, especially with Mudiay playing better than expected. Resist that temptation. Russell is too good a shooter to continue making 7.7 percent of his 3-point attempts, having shot 41 percent from the NCAA line last season. And many of Russell's 5.8 turnovers per game are the result of his ability to see a play being ahead of his ability to execute it. Still, more was reasonably expected of the No. 2 pick than we've seen thus far.
Most Disappointing Veteran: Julius Randle | L.A. Lakers

Given he missed the balance of his rookie season with a fractured tibia suffered on opening night, it probably shouldn't be surprising that Randle has looked more like a first-year player acclimating to the league than a confident veteran. Still, his difficulty finishing in the half-court offense (he's shooting 39.3 percent) and middling rebounding (11 in 61 minutes, 6.5 per 36) have been disappointing for a Lakers team counting on Randle to step up this season.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insi...-emmanuel-mudiay-best-las-vegas-summer-league

Ty Lawson: Lakers, Rockets and Pistons Reportedly Interested in Trading for Nuggets Point Guard
The three teams are interested in acquiring Lawson despite his DUI arrest on Tuesday, according to Sports Illustrated. The point guard averaged 15.2 points and 9.6 assists in 75 games last season.

Yea give the guy who can't stay out of LA clubs a contract to play in LA.....

Those ESPN articles where spot on. I wasn't disappointed in Russell's play but EM came to play and is looking ready for the season.

As far as Randle, Breh has a long way to go

I'm really glad the organization kept Nash on board tho.... I wouldn't mind having Nash as an assistant tbh. He can do a lot for this backcourt with his IQ.

If I'm not too drunk I'll try and make the last game today. Is it at 330 or 530 PST though? NBA and Lakers had to different times.

I wouldn't mind being the 3rd team that facilitates a lawson trade if we can get rid of swaggy for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom