Laptop Recommendations

I am in the market for a new laptop. I am looking for a big screen/high power machine. I prefer to get a Sony Vaio and have been looking at this one., model VPCF126FM/B from best buy.

Any suggestions on some good laptops. They don't necessarily have to be Vaio's, so just recommend me any. How does this one I am looking at look?

I am in the market for a new laptop. I am looking for a big screen/high power machine. I prefer to get a Sony Vaio and have been looking at this one., model VPCF126FM/B from best buy.

Any suggestions on some good laptops. They don't necessarily have to be Vaio's, so just recommend me any. How does this one I am looking at look?

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

You are looking at the F12 series which just came out in June 2010... I had just ordered the F11 series which came out in Jan 2010... but because of the F12 refresh all the F11s are being sold on clearance. At least in Canada they were, so check out if they being cleared out near you because I don't think they are available anymore via Sonystyle.com. I have yet to recieve my laptop, so I cannot say. But I paid less than $1100 for an i7 with 16.4 inch screen, and Blu ray etc...so I am looking forward to it. But with the F12 being even more powerful, I think you are in the right direction of a good laptop.

I would also say look at Asus as well. They are great performance laptops that you can get for a great price. If you want to splurge...check out the G73.

You are looking at the F12 series which just came out in June 2010... I had just ordered the F11 series which came out in Jan 2010... but because of the F12 refresh all the F11s are being sold on clearance. At least in Canada they were, so check out if they being cleared out near you because I don't think they are available anymore via Sonystyle.com. I have yet to recieve my laptop, so I cannot say. But I paid less than $1100 for an i7 with 16.4 inch screen, and Blu ray etc...so I am looking forward to it. But with the F12 being even more powerful, I think you are in the right direction of a good laptop.

I would also say look at Asus as well. They are great performance laptops that you can get for a great price. If you want to splurge...check out the G73.

What's special about the F series Rav?

Well first off I was sick of Dell. I’ve been using this old Latitude since my College days so its been like 4-5 years, and its falling apart (literally…screen doesn’t stay up no more, laptop overheats) So I wanted something that I knew was built right, and I always hear Vaios are on top when it comes to PCs. I wanted a Blu Ray player on my laptop with a decent screen, and usually all the Vaio lines have it in stock or it is a small added feature cost. Plus I just happened to run into a crazy deal where it was $200 off. I paid like $1075 CDN for an i7-720QM processor (1.60GHz) with Turbo Boost up to 2.80GH, 4gb ram, 16.4" VAIO Display (1600x900) with GeForce 310M GPU (512MB VRAM). It’s good performance for me, but it might not be the top of the line for you. I first bought the Asus G73 with the blu ray option, and I really liked it…but I couldn’t justify paying $2000 for a video gaming performance system when I don’t play any games at all. I was looking into the Apple MBP 15 inch, but I was interested to use Windows 7 64 bit. So I would recommend looking into those 3 companies. I’m not sure what you use your laptop for… but I basically just watch movies, surf the net, use Excel, and repeat
laugh.gif

Edit:
If you do cop the F12, let me know though... and give me your thoughts.
Here is the notebook review for the F11 at least... http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Sony-Vaio-VPC-F11Z1-E-Notebook.25724.0.html
F12 is just a refresh with updated +*$.

What's special about the F series Rav?

Well first off I was sick of Dell. I’ve been using this old Latitude since my College days so its been like 4-5 years, and its falling apart (literally…screen doesn’t stay up no more, laptop overheats) So I wanted something that I knew was built right, and I always hear Vaios are on top when it comes to PCs. I wanted a Blu Ray player on my laptop with a decent screen, and usually all the Vaio lines have it in stock or it is a small added feature cost. Plus I just happened to run into a crazy deal where it was $200 off. I paid like $1075 CDN for an i7-720QM processor (1.60GHz) with Turbo Boost up to 2.80GH, 4gb ram, 16.4" VAIO Display (1600x900) with GeForce 310M GPU (512MB VRAM). It’s good performance for me, but it might not be the top of the line for you. I first bought the Asus G73 with the blu ray option, and I really liked it…but I couldn’t justify paying $2000 for a video gaming performance system when I don’t play any games at all. I was looking into the Apple MBP 15 inch, but I was interested to use Windows 7 64 bit. So I would recommend looking into those 3 companies. I’m not sure what you use your laptop for… but I basically just watch movies, surf the net, use Excel, and repeat
laugh.gif

Edit:
If you do cop the F12, let me know though... and give me your thoughts.
Here is the notebook review for the F11 at least... http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Sony-Vaio-VPC-F11Z1-E-Notebook.25724.0.html
F12 is just a refresh with updated +*$.

I probably will be getting the F12. It looks pretty sick. Any other recommendations from anyone?

Also, I know I'm a little late, but what are the cool things about Windows 7. I reading a little on it and it seems beautiful. Any tips, tricks, etc?

I probably will be getting the F12. It looks pretty sick. Any other recommendations from anyone?

Also, I know I'm a little late, but what are the cool things about Windows 7. I reading a little on it and it seems beautiful. Any tips, tricks, etc?

Na I'm good. Specs wise isn't the F12 the model I specifically posted up on Best Buy, superior to the macbook pro.

Na I'm good. Specs wise isn't the F12 the model I specifically posted up on Best Buy, superior to the macbook pro.

^Any help on that question? Sorry to bump, but on another laptop thread, all the hype was about the MBP
indifferent.gif
I probably won't get a MBP, but comparatively speaking how does the pro compare to the model I posted?

^Any help on that question? Sorry to bump, but on another laptop thread, all the hype was about the MBP
indifferent.gif
I probably won't get a MBP, but comparatively speaking how does the pro compare to the model I posted?

when i need to get a computer/laptop, i usually just check out slickdeals daily to see if they have any super nice deals. usually they have one per day.

when i need to get a computer/laptop, i usually just check out slickdeals daily to see if they have any super nice deals. usually they have one per day.

Thanks, but I'm looking at Sony's most likely, so slickdeals is somewhat limited in that. Any advice on the Sony I posted?

Thanks, but I'm looking at Sony's most likely, so slickdeals is somewhat limited in that. Any advice on the Sony I posted?

I've had 2 Sonys and both of them broke right after the 1 year Manufactures warrenty was up and I could never find the parts to fix it because they were always discontinued. Now all my computers are apple and i love em.

Back
Top Bottom