Leaked audio of Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend "Don't bring black people to my games"

They both deserve shame. She obviously set him up out of spite, she didn't release the audio because it was the right thing to do.

Sterling on the other hand, I can't wait until he faces the public. Whether he apologizes or challenges the authenticity of it, his PR is gone to #%^& and nobody will forget about this. Doc, CP, Blake and DJ need to get out of their asap if he doesn't step aside or sell. Sterling doesn't deserve their talents.

This whole situation speaks to the societal issue of what people will do for money. Men will lay their dignity on the line for lavish salaries, women will abandon their morals and degrade themselves to be taken care of, wives will sue the mistress instead of divorcing the cheating husband, and a racist will pay off those who oppose them because it's cheaper to hush than abandon regressive thought processes. What a world we live in.

Couldn't agree more with this post. Only thing, I don't think he should sell the team just cause that's still putting money in his pocket. He's already made enough money while peddling his views behind closed doors, so he doesn't deserve to make any more. The Clippers should be legally taken away from him and from there sold to someone worthy. Sucks that the players have this over their heads when all they were trying to do is play the game they love, make money, and win.

Sterling is a BILLIONAIRE as in having a ton of money so I am sure dude is just laughing at all this attention he's getting. Advertisers pulling out isn't going to hurt him. Bad press isn't going to hurt him. He can just donate a few million to the NAACP and will probably still get his award. The man is an 82 year old stubborn bigot, and has bouts of dementia so the only people that are going to be hurt out of all this are the fans and his employees. He can sell the Clips today, and it will only fatten his pocket. I have been a Clipper fan since Nique was traded for Manning so I have been here for the worst. Empty seats during the Sports Arena days didn't hurt him. Losing year after year for decades and seeing the Lakers win chips year after year didn't hurt him. Not resigning players for max contracts didn't hurt him. Elgin Baylor lawsuit didn't do anything. Housing discrimination settlement still got him the NAACP lifetime award in 2009.

Now let's see if the owners are actually going to chastise him? Remember the 30 NBA billionaire owners are an elite club of their own and will protect their own first and foremost as they have been doing.
HOnestly...as much as it sucks to say this....dude is winning no matter what. He bought the Clips for 30 million....they are now worth 700 million.

Perhaps you don't realize the main reason these rich guys buy teams in the first place if you think him being forced to sell the team wouldn't hurt him.

Here's a hint, it's the same reason people like Mitt Romney run for President.

Rich white guys buy professional sports franchises because of status. Sterling bought the Clips for 12 million and if forced to sell it would net him what? About 600 to 700 million dollars?

Let's see if the other owners actually has the balls to chastise one of their own taking into consideration the repercussions and lawsuits that may eventually occur. Remember Sterling has 4 figure an hour attorneys on speed dial.

Really disappointed in the spin the media is taking chastising the girl for leaking the conversation, the comments by Donald Trump were ridiculous as well. It seems as if the Jewish owned media networks are trying their hardest to develop some sort of rebuttal to this obvious undebatable injustice. This girl should be praised not demeaned. 

Last edited:
Really disappointed in the spin the media is taking chastising the girl for leaking the conversation, the comments by Donald Trump were ridiculous as well. It seems as if the Jewish owned media networks are trying their hardest to develop some sort of rebuttal to this obvious undebatable injustice. This girl should be praised not demeaned. 

Not sure if I would use the word praised. They both have faults and even though she is the lesser of two evils, she still ain't no saint in this scenario. I mean even Mel Gibson was setup in the same scenario and I hate him and his ex girlfriend. Same applies here. Ban this chick from the NBA.

Perhaps you don't realize the main reason these rich guys buy teams in the first place if you think him being forced to sell the team wouldn't hurt him.

Here's a hint, it's the same reason people like Mitt Romney run for President.

Rich white guys buy professional sports franchises because of status. Sterling bought the Clips for 12 million and if forced to sell it would net him what? About 600 to 700 million dollars?

Let's see if the other owners actually has the balls to chastise one of their own taking into consideration the repercussions and lawsuits that may eventually occur. Remember Sterling has 4 figure an hour attorneys on speed dial.

Agreed. That owning their own team status > money.

audio recording in CA states that all parties must OK it to be used in court of law.  sux, but sterling can just deny its him.  that's it.

"Under California penal law, it is a crime to intentionally record a confidential conversation without the consent of the person or persons being recorded. This type of eavesdropping also empowers victims of the unlawful recording to sue for money damages."

Read More: 

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nb...ng-la-clippers-adam-silver-nba/#ixzz30DxpLnQu

Last edited:
Really disappointed in the spin the media is taking chastising the girl for leaking the conversation. It seems as if the Jewish owned media networks are trying their hardest to develop some sort of rebuttal to this obvious undebatable injustice.

Why shouldn't they degrade this gold digging woman? Clippers are in the middle of a playoff run, and she decided to leak the tape knowing the chaos it was going to cause. She couldn't wait a few weeks till after this was all over?

Plus look at the pictures she posted on instagram of herself. She has no problem demeaning herself dating an old man that is over 50 years her age only for his money and power and we're suppose to hold her to some high standard?

audio recording in CA states that all parties must OK it to be used in court of law.  sux, but sterling can just deny its him.  that's it.

"Under California penal law, it is a crime to intentionally record a confidential conversation without the consent of the person or persons being recorded. This type of eavesdropping also empowers victims of the unlawful recording to sue for money damages."

Read More: 

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nb...ng-la-clippers-adam-silver-nba/#ixzz30DxpLnQu

The CA law is irrelevant. Sterling can take legal action against the woman under that CA law, but she is irrelevant.

So the CA law has nothing to do with the potential punishment that the NBA will hand out against Sterling.

Last edited:

I wouldn't say she should be praised. I mean, it's not like she leaked the vid to try to raise awareness and draw attention to bigotry in sports, she did it as a revenge type thing. She's a gold-digger obviously, and this racial awareness is ancillary as far as her own motives are concerned. If she truly had sense about herself, she wouldn't demean herself by being 40 years younger, dating a guy with his type of views. But I do agree that because of her character, people are trying to deflect the real issue at hand. Notice I said people, and not Jewish people. That's just generalizing all of them.

She deserves praise for taping her private conversation with her boyfriend who got her a gig in the Clippers organization and has bestowed several years of gifts on her? No sir, she does not deserve praise at all.

If anything she is just another reminder to all of us men out there to be very careful about which women you accompany yourselves with. Sterling made his own bed by trusting a gold digger with his estate and private info, now he must lay in it.

But she shouldn't distract from the real issue at hand. Sterling is still the villain, but she is definitely not a hero

Last edited:

These gold-diggers are professionals at what they do though. Yes, Sterling made the comments but I'm sure she provoked him. I'm not saying he shouldn't be held accountable for his words, he did express his thoughts which are racist and wrong. I understand that and he should be punished by the NBA. I'm not siding with either of these scumbags. He is old and Stiviano used these recordings to her advantage, despite being allowed permission to record these conversations in the first place. If she wants respect she should've cut all ties with this guy completely. The money is obviously is what she's after.
IDGAF about her I really don't dude. I don't care if he took the bait, I don't care what her motives are, I don't care, I don't care, I don't give a flying ****.

That's his problem if he socializes with those types of women, not mine. My problem is with him. This isn't a singular incident, this is an ongoing problem and he's been treated with far too much leniency in a league that takes a hardline against substance abuse violations and violence.

He a simp? Not my problem. He falls for predatory women? Not my problem. He makes ugly, hateful commentary against Blacks? I take that personally. And no I'm not Black.
Agree with every word you typed. Especially the bolded.

Last edited:
P posted this over in S&T:

2ahegk0.png

These guys tolerated the work environment because of the amount they're paid. **** principle.

P posted this over in S&T:

2ahegk0.png

These guys tolerated the work environment because of the amount they're paid. **** principle.

But again it shouldn't be their burden of responsibility. This is their livelihood, they should be protected from this by the NBA and its collective of owners. The NBA should've taken a hardline against Sterling a long time ago, this incident should've been the LAST straw.

He should've been banned previously and this incident should be the incident that finally spelled his demise as a NBA franchisee.

Should CP3 have left $27 million on the table and not resigned for the max?

Should Rivers had blocked his trade to the Clip?

I'm hard-pressed to sit here and hold guys accountable looking out for their financial and career well-being.

Last edited:
But again it shouldn't be their burden of responsibility. This is their livelihood, they should be protected from this by the NBA and its collective of owners. The NBA should've taken a hardline against Sterling a long time ago, this incident should've been the LAST straw.

He should've been banned previously and this incident should be the incident that finally spelled his demise as a NBA franchisee.

While it's true the NBA should have done something, every man (or person) who has played or worked for the organization had a voice to use. They didn't, and thus this enabling environment was allowed to operate for 30+ years.

IDGAF about her I really don't dude. I don't care if he took the bait, I don't care what her motives are, I don't care, I don't care, I don't give a flying ****.

That's his problem if he socializes with those types of women, not mine. My problem is with him. This isn't a singular incident, this is an ongoing problem and he's been treated with far too much leniency in a league that takes a hardline against substance abuse violations and violence.

He a simp? Not my problem. He falls for predatory women? Not my problem. He makes ugly, hateful commentary against Blacks? I take that personally. And no I'm not Black.

Bruh, one of the realest comments in this thread. :smh: agree with every single ******* thing you typed.

REPPED

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom