Lebron doesnt know how to win..

whoever said yOU DONT NEED A BIG IS DUMB.. the game has EVOLVED in many aspects. from court sizing, to player sizing, to rule changes, to the way the game is being played.

COME ON MAN. you dont need a big....

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Did Dwight Howard even improved after working out with the Dream? .. watched maybe 3-4 ORL games this year and i barely noticed any difference in his game

he improved his hair line, unlike LBJ.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

whoever said yOU DONT NEED A BIG IS DUMB.. the game has EVOLVED in many aspects. from court sizing, to player sizing, to rule changes, to the way the game is being played.

You don't, offensively. You just need players who can play in the post & defend the post. You absolutely need one defensively for the "defend the post" part of the previous sentence

Originally Posted by tyisny

I love how dudes are taking shots at Melo when the last two playoff series he's had a cast of
1) Anthony Carter, Landry Fields, Jared Jeffries, Ronny Turiaf

2) Baron Davis, J.R Smith, Steve Novak, Tyson Chandler

both years going up against a championship contender

Code:
2004 -- lost to Minnesota, 4-1, first round (Minnesota #1 Seed, Advanced to West Finals)
Code:
2005 -- lost to San Antonio, 4-1, first round ( San Antonio # 2 seed, Won the championship)2006 -- lost to LA Clippers, 4-1, first round  ( Los Angeles Clippers # 6 seed, Advanced to West Semis)2007 -- lost to San Antonio, 4-1, first round  (San Antonio # 3 seed, Won the Championship)2008 -- lost to LA Lakers, 4-0, first round  (Los Angeles Lakers, Advanced To Finals)2009 -- defeated New Orleans, 4-1, first round        defeated Dallas, 4-1, conference semifinals        lost to LA Lakers, 4-2, conference finals   ( Los Angeles Lakers, Won Championship)2010 -- lost to Utah Jazz, 4-2, first round (Utah # 5 seed, Advances to West semis)2011 -- lost to Boston Celtics, 4-0, first round (boston # 3 seed, Advance to East Semis)2012 -- Will lose to Miami Heat, 4-0, first round ( Miami # 2 seed, Have a CLEAR path to Finals)Now with the exception of two series (Jazz & Clippers) these other series were absolutely out of reach for his teams.His stats during the playoffs
[table][tr][td]Career[/td][td][/td][td]51[/td][td]51[/td][td]38.6[/td][td].417[/td][td].329[/td][td].819[/td][td]7.4[/td][td]3.1[/td][td]1.3[/td][td].4[/td][td]24.5[/td][/tr][/table]
Code:
All of this while always being the ONLY focus on offense for his teams. so yea its safe to say he's still top 10

If I was in the mood to make a Carmelo excuse thats a pretty good one, and I could add detail.
But AI and "punk %@%" Chauncey have something to say about the "only scoring option" thing.

Fortunately I'm not giving him a break. Forget Carmelo Anthony and the selfish basketball he stands for. How you gone average 30 on 50% and 40% w/o Amar'e then shoot 35 % in the playoffs with him for 2 games. Miami aint that good.

I'm legit thinking this dude saw he was gone get Mike Woodson the permanent job and bailed on trying to win.

You do not need an offensive big, but you need a guy who is going to plant his butt on the block and make the right play. In an ideal world you have 2 of em. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Carmelo Anthony's postseason record (16-36, .308) is worst of any player in NBA history (min. 50 games).
2a98wtd.gif

i1rj0Q70Gx0v8.gif

Did Dwight Howard even improved after working out with the Dream? .. watched maybe 3-4 ORL games this year and i barely noticed any difference in his game

He worked out with Hakeem in the summer of 2010 and his scoring average jumped almost 5 points from the season before that one and over 2 points from his previous career high ppg. He took a step back offensively this season compared to the previous season after he worked out with Hakeem. I guess he needs to work out with Hakeem every offseason.

Originally Posted by Goldmember

No he didnt

Bynum improved his offensive game more than Dwight has and i hate Bynum BTW.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

You don't, offensively. You just need players who can play in the post & defend the post. You absolutely need one defensively for the "defend the post" part of the previous sentence

The point I'm trying to make is, the GAME OF BASKETBALL HAS CHANGED.  YOU NEED BIG GUYS!!  Back in the days, did they have as much EUROPEANs as they did now with length and shooting abilities? NO!

The game of basketball CHANGED and the DREAM TEAM was probably the standard of basketball for the world to see.  From then on, we've even LOST at the INTERNATIONAL LEVEL.  Of course big guys are needed both offensively and defensively.  Still, there has YET to be that DOMINANT BIG MAN. 

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

You know, if the most physically gifted basketball player in the history of the game still has not figured how to just WIN basketball games, will talking to a bunch of former legends really help? It's a mentality thing, you either want to win and go out there and execute, or you don't . I don't get what former players would say to him that would actually benefit him. "JUST REMEMBER TO BLOCK OUT EVERYTHING AND SCORE MORE POINTS THAN THE OPPONENT"????? Really? Do you guys not see something is very laughable here?
And judging from LeBron's past antics, we know damn well half of doing this was to make people think he's got some type of kob-esque will to win, which honestly I don't think he has

/thread

I don't think the problem is that he went out seeking for help... It's the manner in which he chooses to do things. It's one thing to seek out someone with a similar game to yours and get help but to go on a national tour chatting it up with nearly all the legends seems like a PR move.

To Reggie's point I understand exactly what he's saying. Lebron has all physical characteristics, the skills, and the Basketball IQ to do ANYTHING he wants on the court. There's nothing that they can help him with that he can't do already. With that being said, why exactly is he making these visits? The only conclusion I can come to is that he wants to pry their mind and figure out why and how they win a Chip. The problem is you can't learn or teach that, it's just something you do with your talents; a mindset.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

One thing I have noticed about LeBron, he seems to always attack the weakest player. I see him dunking on the smallest guards or the worst defender, then celebrate like he's the greatest. He talks $$%@ and gets tough with the small guys but won't step to someone his size or equally talented.
Got him confused with Kevin Garnett
grin.gif

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

One thing I have noticed about LeBron, he seems to always attack the weakest player. I see him dunking on the smallest guards or the worst defender, then celebrate like he's the greatest. He talks $$%@ and gets tough with the small guys but won't step to someone his size or equally talented.
Got him confused with Kevin Garnett
grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 What the hell? The one thing you cannot call Lebron is a tough guy who talks a lot. He never tries to start trouble on the court. Does his thing, few screams of excitement, and keeps it moving. 

He doesn't know how to win because he seeks advice from legends? I'm not a fan of Lebron but this hate is getting out of hand 
laugh.gif

Im a part time Bron hater but reggie was just dumb for this one, sounds like he let his old head roots influence his professional opinion  this time.

Its not rocket science, Bron just needs to add a 15ft jumper to his arsenal because in the playoffs GOOD defensive teams get back on defense and clog the paint so he cant always get to the rim at will which is his bread and butter. To his credit this year he has made more mid range jumpers than ive ever seen in his NBA career, they key moment will be if he trusts it in the clutch with the game on the line or will he make a cross court pass to Haslem for the game winner.

And how in the hell can people say he doesnt need a ring, yes i know hes a hof'er and all time great already but rings are what separate the best of the best. If he wants to mentioned in the same breath as Mike, Magic, and Bird he will have to win a title theres just no way around it.

Back
Top Bottom