Lebron in the All Star game and the Pro Bowl? maybe....

N ll K 3 wrote:

sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by AME416

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I know most of you don't actually know *$#$ about football or how to measure and guage athletic ability so I'm traveling into real shallow waters here as far as depths of knowledge.
Being 6'8 is a detriment in football. 1st off.
Lebron is not a explosive coming out of stops and starts. He's not a good change of direction guy.
He would get jammed to hell at the LOS by Pros.
LOL"High school All american"
LIke that means any $@*+!!$ thing. The NFL. NFL. NFL has thrown away plent of College All americans, and you're using being all state in HS as a baseline for your debate. #notsmart
There are Hundreds of Straight Line Speed guys who font have good feet sitting at home waiting on phone calls to make a NFL Taxi squad, let alone make a gameday roster.
Lebro is a guy who doesn't shake and blow by players who CAN'T use their hands, now yall want him to blow by guys who are gonna stab him in the chest every snap. OKay.
But yes, a 6'8 guy with No shake, tight hips, and unexplosive COD would Do Work! Absolute Work in the NFL.
I won't dare argue that ...
Honestly, I don't even know where to begin. It's like with almost every point you made you're arguing on why he WOULD succeed. Have you even seen him play ball? How can
any sane person who has argue he's not explosive or can't change direction well? That alone invalidates your argument good sir. 6'8" 260 and with his speed..good luck jamming him up at the LOS
laugh.gif

Right? I didn't know we were talking about Jason Kapono here. LeBron scores all of his damn points from being explosive and overpowering dudes.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by man listen

I guess it won't die
laugh.gif
it's not exactly hypothetical when you have a guy who knows firsthand saying at the same age against the same competition he's on the same level as Jerry Rice. we're not talking about a guy who has never played the game..

Dude, it is a hypothetical situation any way you dice it. So we are arguing what exactly? What we think would happen in a situation that will never happen? I understand both sides but we just don't know man. Nobody is more right than the next because the situation is non-existent.

roll.gif
@ the blind LeBron hate. I can't think of anyone in any NFL secondary that is tackling LeBron. Dude is 6'8-6'9 and really weighs 260-265. Are you seriously going to say that he can't be as productive as Antonio Gates who didn't even play college football? LeBron ran a 4.4 in high school. If this wasn't LeBron I'm sure we would be talking about how much of a beast "____" is but that isn't the case here.
eyes.gif

Frst off, yes, LeBron succeeding or failing in the NFL is absolutely a hypothetical. Whether or not he would succeed in HS football is not a hypothetical.

Second, if there were a really successful football player who had great speed and blah, blah, blah, and he were to sprint against a seasoned, celebrated, decorated track star, I would bet on the track star... 100 times out of 100. There are SOOOO many differences between breaking off the LOS on a go route and breaking off the blocks on a sprint. They appear to be the same, but there are dozens of differences.

Like I've alluded to earlier... and you guys haven't TOUCHED this (but my side is the only side avoiding stuff your side is bringing up?
laugh.gif
)... the way you guys are arguing, you honestly would think that LeBron could pick up something new like rugby and be dominant in it within... hell... within milliseconds.
laugh.gif

No.

Nuances. Intricancies. Acumen. Fine details.

Words like those are of monumental importance to me; to you, apparently not so much.

theres no doubt in my mind lebron would dominate rugby.

my sophmore year college roomie was a rugby player... he was prob 6'3 245.

i just asked him and also in complete agreement that Bron would dominate within milliseconds...

some people jus really are that talented/freakish... sry bro

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Frst off, yes, LeBron succeeding or failing in the NFL is absolutely a hypothetical. Whether or not he would succeed in HS football is not a hypothetical.

Second, if there were a really successful football player who had great speed and blah, blah, blah, and he were to sprint against a seasoned, celebrated, decorated track star, I would bet on the track star... 100 times out of 100. There are SOOOO many differences between breaking off the LOS on a go route and breaking off the blocks on a sprint. They appear to be the same, but there are dozens of differences.

Like I've alluded to earlier... and you guys haven't TOUCHED this (but my side is the only side avoiding stuff your side is bringing up?
laugh.gif
)... the way you guys are arguing, you honestly would think that LeBron could pick up something new like rugby and be dominant in it within... hell... within milliseconds.
laugh.gif

No.

Words like those are of monumental importance to me; to you, apparently not so much.

if your team is in the red zone would you bet on a track star or Lebron James?

Getting off of a jam is working in a more confined space from a standstill (pretty much the exact opposite if a crossover) and if you're gonns use that argument to support Bron try not to use a clip where he falls right after making the move
laugh.gif

Yo, let it die at this point.
laugh.gif

And had Bron won a couple of titles a few years ago, I think there could have been a slim chance he gave it a go (grant it, very slim - but possible).

His 2 favorite athletes growing up did it (Prime and MJ).

One more point, though: Dudes are underestimating his anticipation/closing speed/timing ability (all VERY important attributes in football):

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

Lebron would succeed in the NFL pretty much like any other athletic endeavor he chooses to partake in. People are severely underestimating the athletic ability he has.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No.

LeBron James can't shoot. He can barely dribble. Hell, he doesn't have much basketball IQ. He averages 30-8-8, is one of the best players to ever play the game, and he does almost all of it based on his physical talents.
If LeBron James is lined up on the 5 yardline and you were a defensive coordinator, how would you guard him? The man has a 44 inch vertical at 6'8, 260. How do you jam that? 
laugh.gif

LeBron is the best athlete on the world today. He makes Kobe (even prime Kobe) look pedestrian (this is coming from a die-hard Kobe fan), he's the size of Karl Malone (
sick.gif
), with the vertical of Vince Carter on steroids, and he would be the tallest non-lineman in the NFL.

Who would jam him at the LOS, Jesus? 

Who's stopping him from catching a jumpball, one of the Flight Brothers?

Which cornerback/safety is gonna push LeBron around - someone who's a foot shorter and 40 pounds lighter? 

LeBron is not world-class, he's a once in a lifetime athlete. 6'8, 250, 4.4, 45 inch vertical, and he has provided the NBA with 5 lifetimes of highlights that make you go 
eek.gif
 (hint: it's not because of his shooting or dribbling ability).

The more I think I about it, the more that I think LeBron's talents (mostly athletic rather than skill) would actually tend to help him in football.

Peace,

Logic / evolution / reality

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

LeBron James can't shoot. He can barely dribble. Hell, he doesn't have much basketball IQ. He averages 30-8-8, is one of the best players to ever play the game, and he does almost all of it based on his physical talents.
laugh.gif

Who would jam him at the LOS, Jesus? 

Who's stopping him from catching a jumpball, one of the Flight Brothers?

Which cornerback/safety is gonna push LeBron around - someone who's a foot shorter and 40 pounds lighter? 

LeBron is not world-class, he's a once in a lifetime athlete. 6'8, 250, 4.4, 45 inch vertical, and he has provided the NBA with 5 lifetimes of highlights that make you go 
eek.gif
 (hint: it's not because of his shooting or dribbling ability).

The more I think I about it, the more that I think LeBron's talents (mostly athletic rather than skill) would actually tend to help him in football.

Peace,

Logic / evolution / reality
ohwell.gif
dwayne''sticky fingers'' jarret, matt jones, ramses bearden, james hardy and that just off the top of my head theres more to being a receiver than just a size advantage

Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif

roll.gif

N ll K 3:
Yo, let it die at this point... ... ...

... ... ...One more point, though...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

"Well you still replying, too, ska."

I'm not saying it should die, though. Just thought it was funny how many times you've said you were done, the thread should die, this is your last post, for real this time... "But one more thing."

laugh.gif
 It ain't no biggie, obviously. You ain't hurting nobody. Strictly an observation I think is funny.
heirjordan15:
23ska909red02:
if there were a really successful football player who had great speed and blah, blah, blah, and he were to sprint against a seasoned, celebrated, decorated track star, I would bet on the track star... 100 times out of 100.
if your team is in the red zone would you bet on a track star or Lebron James?
LeBron.

And as long as LeBron is entering training camp against non-NFLers, then you make a great point.

But since odds are high that he'll literally be 1 of a very, VERY small handful of people with zero NFL experience, then that's a weak point.

I'm sure aztec will quote and call it completely logical, though.
aztec06jr:
LeBron... makes Kobe (even prime Kobe) look pedestrian (this is coming from a die-hard Kobe fan)
What the what?!

CURRENT LeBron makes the PRIME Kobe look PEDESTRIAN?! What's 'prime Kobe'? The 3-peat? The (9 consecutive 40 point games + 81 points + 60pts in 3 quarters) in the same season Kobe?

Doesn't matter, because saying that LeBron makes EITHER of those Kobes look pedestrian... PEDESTRIAN... P.E.D.E.S.T.R.I.A.N.?... is just silly. And this is coming from a guy who has been KNOWN to have... an antipathy (
laugh.gif
)... towards Kobe.

One second he's the greatest athlete to ever walk Planet Earth... the next second he can't dribble, shoot, walk straight, or even yawn without tripping... next second he's so good he makes Kobe effing Bryant look like a rec league scrub.
laugh.gif

And it just now dawned on me that's entirely possible you guys have no working knowledge or sports respect for Jim Thorpe or Dave Winfield, and why they're even relevant to the discussion.
ohwell.gif

An entire NBA court in 5 strides.
laugh.gif
 One training camp and he would do work in the NFL.
laugh.gif
 Can't dribble, can't shoot, very little basketball IQ... but makes prime Kobe look pedestrian.
laugh.gif
 Would step in and dominate in rugby ("Because my college roommate who plays rugby said so.")*
laugh.gif

But me saying he'd do worse than MJ the Baron is the only outlandish thing in the thread from either side.
laugh.gif

* I forgot to respond to that. A friend of MINE who played rugby for a D-1 school said that LeBron playing a sport as physical as rugby with the little protection they have in rugby would not go well for Bron-Bron at ALLL. Sooo... a far as 'my friend the college rugby player said' is concerned, guess we're at a draw.
laugh.gif

A) I bet LeBron would hold your friend down that played D1 rugby and give him a noogie like a little @#+!$ if he said that to him in person.

B) Are you stupid? He wasn't saying that LeBron's skills on a basketball court make Kobe in his prime look pedestrian. He was saying that LeBron's size and athleticism make Kobe in his prime look average, just like they would to any other player. No, don't post a video of Kobe dunking back in his early years. There's no athlete in league history with the size and athleticism combination that Bron has.

C) For all of you that don't believe that LeBron is capable of playing in the NFL, please tell me who you think can. You want to tell me for all the athletes in NCAA basketball and the NBA over the years that Antonio Gates and Jimmy Graham were/are the only ones capable? You're going to tell me that it would be harder in confined space to get by a 5'10 180 pound corner than it is for LeBron to get by Ron Artest (6'7 260), Andre Iguodala (6'6 with a 6'11 wingspan), Tayshaun Prince (6'7 with a 7'2 wingspan), Ronnie Brewer (6'7 with a 6'11 wingspan) then explode to the basket and finish with contact against 7 foot 300 pound monsters? I think all of you are seriously confusing the soft officiating in the NBA with how physical the game actually is. The best competition you dudes are probably playing against are frail high school, community college players or old guys who are way past their playing days in pickup games and mens leagues, but you wanna sit back and say how soft everyone in the NBA is because they call a ton of calls that don't really look like fouls. What you idiots don't realize is that these guys like LeBron are actually taking a pounding, their just so strong and athletic that it doesn't look like their getting hit as hard as they really are.

OOOOHHHHH, so he was saying that LeBron's APPEARANCE makes prime Kobe's appearance look pedestrian?

My bad. Definitely didn't think about it on that tangent... because in my understanding, LOOKS don't matter at all in a discussion of talent.

But maybe I am stupid. Maybe APPEARANCE actually means more than I've ever thought.

"Well he looks like he can dunk, so we win!"
"But... he can't though. Can't jump at all, actually."
"Yeah, but he looks like he can! Ballgame!"

"LeBron would definitely succeed in the NFL, and I have a number of reasons to support that. One of them is that he just LOOKS so freakishly athletic! I mean, just LOOK at him! Just his appearance makes prime Kobe look like a regular man!"

Yeah, I definitely didn't consider that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

C) For all of you that don't believe that LeBron is capable of playing in the NFL, please tell me who you think can. You want to tell me for all the athletes in NCAA basketball and the NBA over the years that Antonio Gates and Jimmy Graham were/are the only ones capable? You're going to tell me that it would be harder in confined space to get by a 5'10 180 pound corner than it is for LeBron to get by Ron Artest (6'7 260), Andre Iguodala (6'6 with a 6'11 wingspan), Tayshaun Prince (6'7 with a 7'2 wingspan), Ronnie Brewer (6'7 with a 6'11 wingspan) then explode to the basket and finish with contact against 7 foot 300 pound monsters? I think all of you are seriously confusing the soft officiating in the NBA with how physical the game actually is. The best competition you dudes are probably playing against are frail high school, community college players or old guys who are way past their playing days in pickup games and mens leagues, but you wanna sit back and say how soft everyone in the NBA is because they call a ton of calls that don't really look like fouls. What you idiots don't realize is that these guys like LeBron are actually taking a pounding, their just so strong and athletic that it doesn't look like their getting hit as hard as they really are.
Lebron is going to play HS football?

OOOOHHHHH, so he was saying that LeBron's APPEARANCE makes prime Kobe's appearance look pedestrian?

My bad. Definitely didn't think about it on that tangent... because in my understanding, LOOKS don't matter at all in a discussion of talent.

But maybe I am stupid. Maybe APPEARANCE actually means more than I've ever thought.

"LeBron would definitely succeed in the NFL, and I have a number of reasons to support that. One of them is that he just LOOKS so freakishly athletic! I mean, just LOOK at him! Just his appearance makes prime Kobe look like a regular man!"

laugh.gif

So wait.......now you're saying that LeBron only LOOKS like he's strong and he can jump? Yo stop talking, please. You probably haven't had an athletic accomplishment since being named Most Improved of your youth league team.

I laughed at the notion that LeBron makes 'prime Kobe' look pedestrian, thinking that was a statement talking about accomplishments.

Turns out it's possible that it was maybe meant just on appearance alone.

So I laughed at the notion that LeBron's appearance makes 'prime Kobe's' appearance look pedestrian.

NOWHERE in there should any intelligent person conclude "Wait, he's saying the only thing LeBron brings to the table is appearance?"

Seems possible you've actually concluded that. Hmmm...

laugh.gif
Ska, I'm not sure what's so hard to understand: athletically/physically, LeBron is leaps and bounds better than Bean at any point in Kobe's career. I've clearly stated that Kobe is my favorite player and even if Kobe scored 40 points in 25 straight games, it still doesn't change the fact that LeBron is 6'8, 250, 44 inch vertical, and has world class athletic abilities.
Did I ever say Bron was more talented? I've already stated that LeBron lacks elite dribbling/shooting skills so obviously not. Kobe was always more skilled than LeBron, the only reason LeBron is even sniffing Kobe recently is because of his strength, athleticism, and physical talents.

I'd love to see him play TE in the NFL, OLBs would fold the guy. That said, Jimmy Graham...

LeBron would get annihilated here and there but the talent is clearly there. The kid Jimmy Graham only played ONE YEAR of College Football, ONE YEAR PEOPLE!!!

LeBron could EASILY transition into the NFL and be a FACTOR as long as he can stay healthy. I HATE LEBRON but the truth is he could do it, if you think he can't you're delusional.

Somebody please tell me Bron couldnt do this in the NFL?

The route wasnt even that solid. Its basically a jump ball in the NBA. The average CB in the NFL is no taller then 6'0.

That is like Bron dunking on Nate Robinson or A.I.

There was no press no tackling no head up involved in this play. I dont see why yall think NFL coaches would bring him in ONLY in the redzone to do plays like this

Back
Top Bottom