LEBRON JAMES....FORMERLY KING JAMES?

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by sneakermane

So basically, it was cool to call him "King" before he had a chance to prove himself, but now, it's cool to say he's no longer a king.... before he has a chance to prove himself.

You can add "with the help of some All-Stars" to your sentence.
Yup.....that would make him an ex-King in a lot of people's eyes.

But that's just dumb, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. So Jordan lost his crown when Pippen came? Or did he have it during the first 3-peat and then lost it when Rodman came? So Magic never had a crown because he landed on a team of All-Stars? So Bird WOULD be legendary... if not for McHale and Parrish, and Dennis Johnson? Did Duncan lose any ground in his standing as one of the best ever when Tony Parker one a finals MVP? How about when it came to pass that Duncan was playing with the leader of the Olympic Champions (Manu)?

LeBron's situation is what it is. He had a competent big man to start his career (Boozer) and they could have been a very dangerous tandem. And what happened? Boozer jets for more money and spotlight. I had a feeling that Boozer would have the most potential of all the players LeBron would play with and I was pretty much right... until now. If Boozer would have stayed I think there would be a much more valid argument against LeBron. The Cavaliers teams ('03-'10 minus LeBron) get bashed way more than they should, but they definitely lacked a true 2nd option. I'm not sure what else Cleveland could have done to get a true 2nd option (Shaq was too far in the end of his career and Antawn Jamison seemed to see the writing on the wall with the effort he gave).   

The funny part is, this whole "King" argument should be irrelevant. I've never referred to LeBron as "King" and probably never will unless he 4-peats with 4-straight finals MVPs. I just think it's funny that the same people who were so quick to give him the crown are so fast to snatch it away when LeBron doesn't do what they want. And I will predict right now that most of these "peasants" (just rolling with the analogy) will be fans again once the Heat go on a winning streak.

In the end, all that is proven is how insignificant Cleveland is in all of this. "Stick with Cleveland and you're a king. Leave and you're a nobody." Welp, I guess he'd rather be "nobody" in Miami.

I just wish people would stop pretending like Miami isn't far and away the most anticipated team to watch next season.
Not a very strong rebuttal.

Point being, you can't be King of another man's castle while he still resides there unless your objective is to take his kingdom from him.  In a historical viewpoint, kingdoms were never shared or willfully handed over.  This is why LeBron is no longer King James, but rather just LeBron James or as some have jokingly called him "Prince" or "Queen."

Um, how was that a weak rebuttal when I was responding to someone saying that I should add that LeBron needs the help of all-stars? As if everyone who has won a champioship didn't have that. If you would actually read my entire post instead of painting rainbows you'd see where I explained that LeBron had a legit 2nd option in Boozer, but Boozer left. If Pippen had decided to bounce after a few seasons with Jordan, the history of the game would likely be drastically different. 

And why are you using the "kingdom" analogy so literally when we are talking about sports and a team sport at that?

DubA169 wrote:
TraSoul82 wrote:

In the end, all that is proven is how insignificant Cleveland is in all of this. "Stick with Cleveland and you're a king. Leave and you're a nobody." Welp, I guess he'd rather be "nobody" in Miami.

what's with people acting like it was always either option A CLE or option B go to a team that already had the 3rd best player in the league and all star chris bosh

if he went to new york, chicago, the clippers, the nets he would still be called a king and chosen one. people didn't take his crown away because he left the cavs. they took it away because the guy told everyone on national television that he can't win a championship without playing on a super stacked team in another man's house.

the guy said he's happy to not have the pressure of scoring 30 points a night. you can't have a crown and say something like that

And still, the  question begging to be asked is:

WHAT IN THE HELL MADE LEBRON THE KING OF ANYTHING IN THE FIRST PLACE????!!!!!!

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THAT QUESTION?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"King James" was a %%%%#%* nickname and a lame one for a rookie
laugh.gif
. People acting like the word "king" would even be thrown around if his last name wasn't "James."
laugh.gif

Point blank, he's a hell of a player, and playing alongside Wade isn't going to change that.

AND TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO THINK I'M SAYING THAT LEBRON IS "STILL" KING:

WORK ON YOUR READING COMPREHENSION. 

I'M SAYING LEBRON WAS NEVER KING OF ANYTHING. 

who's gonna care when bron continues to rack up MVPs despite playing with wade and bosh, and finally winning those rings.

who's gonna care when bron continues to rack up MVPs despite playing with wade and bosh, and finally winning those rings.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Why are grown men catching feelings about another grown man's "Decision"?

Ok it was a little shocking at first, but it happened, get over it and stop acting like he took food out of your family's mouth.
It's fun to debate my man.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Why are grown men catching feelings about another grown man's "Decision"?

Ok it was a little shocking at first, but it happened, get over it and stop acting like he took food out of your family's mouth.
It's fun to debate my man.

So basically, it was cool to call him "King" before he had a chance to prove himself, but now, it's cool to say he's no longer a king.... before he has a chance to prove himself.

But that's just dumb, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. So Jordan lost his crown when Pippen came? Or did he have it during the first 3-peat and then lost it when Rodman came? So Magic never had a crown because he landed on a team of All-Stars? So Bird WOULD be legendary... if not for McHale and Parrish, and Dennis Johnson? Did Duncan lose any ground in his standing as one of the best ever when Tony Parker one a finals MVP? How about when it came to pass that Duncan was playing with the leader of the Olympic Champions (Manu)?

LeBron's situation is what it is. He had a competent big man to start his career (Boozer) and they could have been a very dangerous tandem. And what happened? Boozer jets for more money and spotlight. I had a feeling that Boozer would have the most potential of all the players LeBron would play with and I was pretty much right... until now. If Boozer would have stayed I think there would be a much more valid argument against LeBron. The Cavaliers teams ('03-'10 minus LeBron) get bashed way more than they should, but they definitely lacked a true 2nd option. I'm not sure what else Cleveland could have done to get a true 2nd option (Shaq was too far in the end of his career and Antawn Jamison seemed to see the writing on the wall with the effort he gave).   

The funny part is, this whole "King" argument should be irrelevant. I've never referred to LeBron as "King" and probably never will unless he 4-peats with 4-straight finals MVPs. I just think it's funny that the same people who were so quick to give him the crown are so fast to snatch it away when LeBron doesn't do what they want. And I will predict right now that most of these "peasants" (just rolling with the analogy) will be fans again once the Heat go on a winning streak.

I just wish people would stop pretending like Miami isn't far and away the most anticipated team to watch next season.

1.)  Mike was already King of the castle when Pippen arrived.  And when he un-retired everybody knew the King had returned.
2.)  It was not Magic's team when he first arrived, it was Kareem's.  But when Kareem was injured and the Lakers had to play without him in Game 7 of the finals Magic assumed the leader's role and thus assumed the throne.
3.)  You saying Bird is NOT a legend because of McHale, Parrish, and Johnson?
grin.gif

4.)  The Spurs have been Duncan's team since his 2nd season when he won regular season and finals MVP.  When have Tony or Manu done that?

Point being, you can't be King of another man's castle while he still resides there unless your objective is to take his kingdom from him.  In a historical viewpoint, kingdoms were never shared or willfully handed over.  This is why LeBron is no longer King James, but rather just LeBron James or as some have jokingly called him "Prince" or "Queen."

So you don't think it's possible that Bron can over-take Wade like Magic did?...Just wondering.

1.)  Mike was already King of the castle when Pippen arrived.  And when he un-retired everybody knew the King had returned.
2.)  It was not Magic's team when he first arrived, it was Kareem's.  But when Kareem was injured and the Lakers had to play without him in Game 7 of the finals Magic assumed the leader's role and thus assumed the throne.
grin.gif

4.)  The Spurs have been Duncan's team since his 2nd season when he won regular season and finals MVP.  When have Tony or Manu done that?

So you don't think it's possible that Bron can over-take Wade like Magic did?...Just wondering.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Jumping the gun, huh?

JAMES would have won the next 5 MVPs if he stayed in Cleveland. He's in Miami now, and he's gonna have to share that rock.

They may win one day....but you telling me that D-Wade is just gonna sit back & watch JAMES come down there & take over his team? That's the ONLY way JAMES is gonna keep winning MVPs.
Hell, I'm not even sure James is gonna be the one taking the last second shot with the game on the line.
laugh.gif

Jumping the gun, huh?

JAMES would have won the next 5 MVPs if he stayed in Cleveland. He's in Miami now, and he's gonna have to share that rock.

They may win one day....but you telling me that D-Wade is just gonna sit back & watch JAMES come down there & take over his team? That's the ONLY way JAMES is gonna keep winning MVPs.
Hell, I'm not even sure James is gonna be the one taking the last second shot with the game on the line.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OneTrust

grin.gif

Unless Wade suffers another major injury, no.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

grin.gif

Unless Wade suffers another major injury, no.

I wonder what is more annoying...the Lebron stans, or the Lebron detractors. Both sides are going out of their way and pulling explanations and "logic" out of their +@% trying to prove a point. I mean dudes are really debating whether he is a King or not? This is going to be a long season.

I wonder what is more annoying...the Lebron stans, or the Lebron detractors. Both sides are going out of their way and pulling explanations and "logic" out of their +@% trying to prove a point. I mean dudes are really debating whether he is a King or not? This is going to be a long season.

Jumping the gun, huh?

laugh.gif
bron will still average 20+ easily. he'll continue to grab 8 boards. and he WILL get 10+ dimes playing with wade and bosh. and he's going to be their go-to perimeer defender. you're telling me a guy putting up basically a triple double and if his team gets the best record, he won't win the MVP? it's HIS TO LOSE.

and go to 82games.com. the myth that wade is a better clutch player, well that will prove you wrong. bron will have the rock, either to create for himself or others more often than not. he's 6'8 and 250 lbs. he's a mismatch on everybody and anybody.

Jumping the gun, huh?

laugh.gif
bron will still average 20+ easily. he'll continue to grab 8 boards. and he WILL get 10+ dimes playing with wade and bosh. and he's going to be their go-to perimeer defender. you're telling me a guy putting up basically a triple double and if his team gets the best record, he won't win the MVP? it's HIS TO LOSE.

and go to 82games.com. the myth that wade is a better clutch player, well that will prove you wrong. bron will have the rock, either to create for himself or others more often than not. he's 6'8 and 250 lbs. he's a mismatch on everybody and anybody.

Jumping the gun, huh?

laugh.gif

He might get some rings, but no way he is winning any MVP's while playing with a healthy Wade

Jumping the gun, huh?

laugh.gif

He might get some rings, but no way he is winning any MVP's while playing with a healthy Wade

Back
Top Bottom