LeBron James hype is out of control (columnist goes IN)

Lebron is never going to get into major foul trouble because he rarely locks up (for an entire game) w/ someone who can get him into foul trouble. Josh Smithain't getting anyone into foul trouble. And lets be serious, he locks up w/ Rashad/Hedo on occasion, but he's mostly checking Rafer or AJ or somebodylike that.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

btw, this should be relevant to this thread...

LeBron James who has already broken Dwyane Wade's record in Free Throw Attempts in a Playoff series, is now looking to break another Playoff Free Throw Attempt record, this one held by Shaquille O'neal.

James, averaging 13.7 FTA these Playoffs, is on pace to break O'Neal's Playoff record for Total FTA this season, and get this... in FEWER GAMES!

O'Neal, with a Playoff FTA record of 296 FTA after 23 games, is closely followed behind James' 151 FTA after only 11 games! As of May 25th, at the pace James is heading, and assuming he makes it to the NBA Finals, it will only take him a total of 22 games (1 game less than O'Neal) to break O'Neal's nine-year old Playoff record.

James already has set the record for FTA in a Playoff Series with 19.3 FTA against Pistons; a record previously held by Dwyane Wade in 2006 against the Mavericks at 16.2 FTA.

James, in his young career, is also closely placed 2nd behind O'Neal in Playoff Career FTA at 10.5 per game, with O'Neal holding the top spot at just 11.2 per game; just 0.7 attempts ahead of James.

sorry, Wade, but "The King" has taken your crown.

the name 'D-Whistle' has now been officially passed on to 'LeWhistle.'

it's sad how Lebron is getting more foul calls than a guy who was INTENTIONALLY hacked every time he touched the ball...
indifferent.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif
i can now rest in peace as a heat fan.... now only ifwade can get the respect for the amazing season he had this year.... wade got coverage on the steal and the running 3pt shot to win the game against thebulls... but king crabs 3pt shot is all over the place....

other then game 2 i cant remember him been called for a charge in this serise, he is running Mickael Pietrus over like he is a running back atleast 3 times a game and no call

the worse one in game 3 on one play bron did this

caught the inbound pass and slides his feet and travels no call, then carrys the ball and no call and then gets away with 2 offense fouls on Mickael Pietrus and no call. the result of the play? blocking foul on Mickael Pietrus

then you add in the fact that he drives on howard and howard cant even put his hands up on bron or a foul is getting called
Hmmm that goes for his traveling, carrying, and when he's hacking on defense.
All of this is true.

At least they called him for a travel this series though
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Lebron is never going to get into major foul trouble because he rarely locks up (for an entire game) w/ someone who can get him into foul trouble. Josh Smith ain't getting anyone into foul trouble. And lets be serious, he locks up w/ Rashad/Hedo on occasion, but he's mostly checking Rafer or AJ or somebody like that.

I agree, however if they had the stones to call one or two of the 15 offensive fouls he gets away with, then you'd have him at 3 or 4 in a game, and theother team might try going right at him resulting in another foul or him having to give up easy buckets.

Mike Bianchi is right. LeBron's performance in the playoffs so far has been nothing but the byproduct of hype. I mean, this is a guy who is only averaging41.7 points, 7 assists and 6 rebounds a game against Orlando. That's certainly nothing to write home about. Sure he hit a dramatic game winning 3 pointeras time expired, but so what.

Mike Bianchi is right. LeBron's performance in the playoffs so far has been nothing but the byproduct of hype. I mean, this is a guy who is only averaging 41.7 points, 7 assists and 6 rebounds a game against Orlando. That's certainly nothing to write home about. Sure he hit a dramatic game winning 3 pointer as time expired, but so what.
Well ill give you this... you are consistent
laugh.gif

Great read for both articles posted in this thread. I love watchin Lebron play but this hype is OD, and Kobe is gettin no love over here on the west coast

I remember in Game 3 and the announcers were talking about Lebron's block from behind and how it is part of his signature move.
I could have sworn Prince has done those blocks in a much more meaningful games than his foul block (on Richardson) and goal tending block (on Lee).
The even gave it a name, I think they call it the "rundown" or "runout," something to that extent.
They also mentioned that because of those blocks, he is in contention as being the defender of the year.
laugh.gif

I love how Lakers fans support this article like it's gospel, however if it was written about their superstar it would be dismissed as hate.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

I love how Lakers fans support this article like it's gospel, however if it was written about their superstar it would be dismissed as hate.
Isn't that what fans are supposed to do
laugh.gif

roll.gif
u know if this was a kobe hating article you'd be allover it too...you Laker hater
laugh.gif
but u gotta admit this Lebron thing ispretty ridiculous

As a Laker fan, wouldn't they love it if he got the preferential calls like Lebron does?

I'm a Laker fan so i won't get too into it but I did agree with the Kobe article they had a week ago about his cockiness but I digress.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Mike Bianchi is right. LeBron's performance in the playoffs so far has been nothing but the byproduct of hype. I mean, this is a guy who is only averaging 41.7 points, 7 assists and 6 rebounds a game against Orlando. That's certainly nothing to write home about. Sure he hit a dramatic game winning 3 pointer as time expired, but so what.
yep and his team is being outplayed if Kobe hit that 81 in a loss im sure everyone including you would be talking about how selfish he is butLeBron averaging 1/2 of his teams points in losing efforts and you act like hes doing something spectacular. Either blame Mike Brown or LeBron the MVP or COTYpick one the cavs are not getting it done or blame your supporting cast but like everyone blamed Kobe when his cast sucked the same blame should be put onLeBron and what happend to all you ncavs fans saying your cast is the best in the NBA???
eyes.gif
Dudes team is 1sec away from being down 0-3 1 more bounce on the rim on hedosshot, one Reshard Lewis defending the inbound pass play away, one Petris on Bron on the last play away, and one Van Gundy not doubling Bron on the catch awayfrom a 0-3 hole
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

yep and his team is being outplayed if Kobe hit that 81 in a loss im sure everyone including you would be talking about how selfish he is but LeBron averaging 1/2 of his teams points in losing efforts and you act like hes doing something spectacular. Either blame Mike Brown or LeBron the MVP or COTY pick one the cavs are not getting it done or blame your supporting cast but like everyone blamed Kobe when his cast sucked the same blame should be put on LeBron and what happend to all you ncavs fans saying your cast is the best in the NBA???
eyes.gif
Dudes team is 1sec away from being down 0-3 1 more bounce on the rim on hedos shot, one Reshard Lewis defending the inbound pass play away, one Petris on Bron on the last play away, and one Van Gundy not doubling Bron on the catch away from a 0-3 hole
wink.gif

LeBron averaging 1/2 of his teams

41 ppg on 27 attempts per game is RIDICULOUS.

That is incredibly efficient, something Bean is not known for being.

They are a Rashard Lewis 3ball away from being up 2-1 in this series. What are you saying?

Mo Williams has NOT been efficient and has been a turnover machine.

You guys are acting like we got our teeth kicked in. Bad matchups, sure. Can Orlando beat us? Sure, but I wouldn't bet on it............and I bet with mybrain - that's why I don't lose much.

In game 2 if I recall, Orlando led for what, about 15 seconds of Game 2? I believe they took an 86-84 lead, and Mo came down and hit a jumper to tie it backup. Their second lead lasted one whole second.

That whole, "if LeBron doesn't hit that shot, we're down 3-0" can go either way. That quote is BS in my opinion.

If Orlando was so much better than us, then why did they only have the lead (and NEVER by more than 4) for 5 TOTAL minutes over two games? Whycouldn't they pull away last night when we shot it like garbage - ALL GAME? You guys are acting like we're playing the '96 Bulls and are a 45-winteam.

Let's see what happens tomorrow. Let's see what happens in Game 5. We are a bounce away from being up 2-1. Things average out. 58% free throw shootersshoot 58% in the long run. 66-win teams that never lost more than 2 in a row over 90 games don't usually drop three of four.

I watched a Boston defense NOT defend the three any better than us (Perkins did a better job on Howard than we are doing, but the 3-point line was still wideopen) and watched Orlando toss up brick after brick. 6-24, 6-27.....etc and things are just evening out. The other night's game was there for the taking,and I'm PISSED we didn't get it.

We've seen regular season LeBron and we've seen playoff LeBron. Tonight, you'll see "Must-win" Lebron - the Game 5 in Detroit LeBron, theGame 7 in Boston LeBron.

I'm not saying we need 45-50 points since we don't. But, those two games, I saw an intensity I haven't seen in any other game he's played - andhe was great.

NEVER count out the team with the best player.

Originally Posted by dreClark

other then game 2 i cant remember him been called for a charge in this serise, he is running Mickael Pietrus over like he is a running back atleast 3 times a game and no call

the worse one in game 3 on one play bron did this

caught the inbound pass and slides his feet and travels no call, then carrys the ball and no call and then gets away with 2 offense fouls on Mickael Pietrus and no call. the result of the play? blocking foul on Mickael Pietrus

then you add in the fact that he drives on howard and howard cant even put his hands up on bron or a foul is getting called
Hmmm that goes for his traveling, carrying, and when he's hacking on defense.
All of this is true.

At least they called him for a travel this series though
tongue.gif

bro no lie...i looked up into the heavens and yelled out "there is a God!" when the ref called that
laugh.gif

but as a Magic fan Lebron doesn't warrant all this hate that he is receiving...he's just a product to sell for the NBA, nike, vitamin water, espn etc.

Lebron James brings in money for each of those companies that i listed. so it is natural that you are going to see him everywhere on TV, and that he is goingto get the calls that he does...

now is it fair? heck no....

should lebron james be criticized for it? heck no...

its the greed for profit that results in all the "slurpage" that occurs...

Go Magic

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

roll.gif
u know if this was a kobe hating article you'd be all over it too...you Laker hater
laugh.gif
but u gotta admit this Lebron thing is pretty ridiculous

Actually I wouldn't nor do I ever support blatant hate that is written about a player. Yes I am a Laker Hater, but I still give the
grin.gif
when something stupid is written about any player. I just want to see you squadfail everytime they are on the court, reading an article written by some "never been" doesn't do anything for me.

Dude is nice but to call yourself the King and to have "the Chosen One" tat when you haven't win (#&$ it's just
laugh.gif

Ive spoken my piece on the whole LeBron/Media %%%#....

but that article was weak as hell...seriously.

can't disagree with this article, but the puppet commercials are a byproduct of the hype so i can't be mad
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They are a Rashard Lewis 3ball away from being up 2-1 in this series. What are you saying?
-i agree this statement wholeheartedly...this series could be 2-1 either way

If Orlando was so much better than us, then why did they only have the lead (and NEVER by more than 4) for 5 TOTAL minutes over two games? Why couldn't they pull away last night when we shot it like garbage - ALL GAME? You guys are acting like we're playing the '96 Bulls and are a 45-win team.

Let's see what happens tomorrow. Let's see what happens in Game 5. We are a bounce away from being up 2-1. Things average out. 58% free throw shooters shoot 58% in the long run. 66-win teams that never lost more than 2 in a row over 90 games don't usually drop three of four.

-the same way you say that the cavs have not played their best game, orlando hasn't either. orlando has played bad but on the other end they have not given up in each of their games...these boys are fighting for wins. when we get it clicking on both sides...watch out.

The has been out of control. I'm so sick of reading people's Facebook statuses talking about "They say LeBron isn't clutch, but now heis" All these Kobe and LeBron d-riders coming out the woodwork in the last 2 weeks. Too much sack pulling causes testicular cancer.

Back
Top Bottom