LEBRON, THE DISAPPOINTMENT?

Will Lebron be considered the best of all time?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[COLOR=#red]But who the eff is a flawless player? Gosh I feel less intelligent every time I read these type of threads in the S&T forums, yet I do it to myself by actually reading them :rofl:[/COLOR]

I feel less intelligent by reading your post. Did you not read that I replied to the other poster?

He said Lebron has no flaws. I said he is not flawless. There needs to be a counterbalance to posts like that.

Why did you not complain about the poster saying Lebron is flawless? That is a more ridiculous statement than saying that he is not.

:stoneface:

6 championships...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Last edited:
Lobron Jomes is too late in the game to surpass Kobe and MJ. I don't think that he has the finesse that either of them harbored later in their career to allow them to win championships when their athletic prime was in the past.

Lobron Jomes is too late in the game to surpass Kobe and MJ. I don't think that he has the finesse that either of them harbored later in their career to allow them to win championships when their athletic prime was in the past.

The only way he reaches 5 or 6 is if Shane Battier can play like this until he is 38

I think hes a lock for at least 3 rings

All the pieces he has around him now I can see him getting to two this year mainly because it gets harder every go around and they have compensated for that by having like 4 deadly three point shooters. I doubt next year they have it that good and can't see him being on a team with so many good players like he has now in the future.

I had okc winning it all this year early on but heat still going to finals. After they picked up the birdman I changed my view. He's an integral piece they hv been missing.

It doesn't sound so crazy now when I said last year after this season, Lebron will be looking at 30 with a diminished team around him

You stated an unpopular opinion. But I'll agree. Especially since the entire starting five outside of James disappeared against "somewhat" the same team they beat last year.

And two of those guys can opt in for $20 million a piece? I don't know. Interesting offseason.

Last edited:
I think the post is quite unfair to Lebron James. Most people will say that there is no other Basketball player who re-defined basketball that much
than Michael Jordan by his offense and defense domination, clutch, crazy hang time, obsessed ambition to win, working out hard and impossible moves to score.
Lebron James is in my opinion one of the best ever and maybe the best Small Forward ever as he is a very complete player
who can score from all positions, has good FG%, rebounds very well, is powerful but yet quick, very athletic and a team player.

But to blame him for the 1:4 NBA Finals defeat against the Spurs this year is not appropriate as he really did his best
to win. But the Spurs are the better team. Not by individual factor but they are the most efficient team where even a non-Allstar
player became the Finals MVP.
If you want to blame someone, it would be the coaches of the Miami Heat who fail to figure out to play more efficient
with their roster.

Last edited:
Lebron will never be "considered" greater no matter how many championships he wins, because Jordan is basically a black folk hero, he's not even human, he's like Batman, he's the representation of an ideal, he had the benefit of being the best player during a time where the game was at it's peak in terms of viewer ship but pre the corrosive Internet/social media culture of mocking thats infected sports discourse. LeBron is over analyzed to death, and people take personal offense to the idea that anyone could be or has been better than Jordan, it's like questioning someones religious beliefs, insulting the deity they organize their lives around.

You can't beat Black Jesus.

The reality is there are 7 guys who you can make a plausible argument for being the greatest player who ever lived.

Bill Russel
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Larry Bird
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
LeBron James

Saying that one is significantly better than another is disingenuous and hair splitting, but nobody likes to hear this, the culture now; they demand everything to be definitive, black and white, when in reality it's all shades of grey.

Not as satisfying, but more accurate.

edit

Probably add Shaq and Oscar to that list, tougher arguments but not unreasonable.

Last edited:
The reality is there are 7 guys who you can make a plausible argument for being the greatest player who ever lived.

Bill Russel
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Larry Bird
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
LeBron James

Saying that one is significantly better than another is disingenuous and hair splitting, but nobody likes to hear this, the culture now; they demand everything to be definitive, black and white, when in reality it's all shades of grey.

edit

Probably add Shaq and Oscar to that list, tougher arguments but not unreasonable.
Quality post a lot of people will disregard it unfortunately

Bill Russel
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Larry Bird
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
LeBron James

edit

Your list is basically your favorite players of all time

If you're going to say guys like Lebron and maybe Shaq and Oscar have plausible case for goat you know damn well you have to put Duncan, Kobe, Hakeem, Dr.J on the list too

I say the only guys who are really in the goat discussion are Jordan, Wilt, Kareem and Russell

Lebron will never be "considered" greater no matter how many championships he wins, because Jordan is basically a black folk hero, he's not even human, he's like Batman, he's the representation of an ideal, he had the benefit of being the best player during a time where the game was at it's peak in terms of viewer ship but pre the corrosive Internet/social media culture of mocking thats infected sports discourse. LeBron is over analyzed to death, and people take personal offense to the idea that anyone could be or has been better than Jordan, it's like questioning someones religious beliefs, insulting the deity they organize their lives around.

You can't beat Black Jesus.

I don't know what race has to do with?

Are you saying that Black people hold him in a super high regard?

Bill Russel
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Larry Bird
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
LeBron James

edit

lmaoo this post is stupid on many levels

Your list is basically your favorite players of all time

If you're going to say guys like Lebron and maybe Shaq and Oscar have plausible case for goat you know damn well you have to put Duncan, Kobe, Hakeem, Dr.J on the list too

I say the only guys who are really in the goat discussion are Jordan, Wilt, Kareem and Russell

No I don't.

I shouldn't have to explain this,I'm not talking about "career" or "legacy" simple we was the best, if you look at their peak performance, the numbers in relation to their peers at the time they played the statistical gaps are big enough where they cannot be explained away by intangible nonsenses.

But the gap between, Dr. J and Lebron/Bird is obvious and clear, look it up.
The gap between Kobe and Michael is obvious and clear, look it up.
Same for Duncan/Hakeem and the historically great centers.

so on and so forth.

For me, michael Jordan is the best of the best, not because he won 6 nba titles where he was always the go to guy or because he has so many scoring titles. But its his ambition and workaholic attitude that makes him so great pairedby his talent and consistent performance throughout his career.
nevertheless, i think kobe bryant definetly belongs the the top hall of famers.
after jordan, i would consider him as the next best shooting guard in terms of overall skills.

Back
Top Bottom