• Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Why doesn't LBJ wear the XI's?
Honestly, I don't really blame Nike for that. I kinda blame Lebron because it's just the nature of the shoe- the toebox is foamposite, so it needs to break in. That was one of the biggest selling points about foamposite when it first came out- it loosened up and shaped to your foot the more you wore them. When you're trying to wear a new pair every night like he would be, then you're never really gonna have a shoe that will be broken in enough to work with your foot well. 

This article goes into it pretty well. Also.. peep how messed up the dude's toes are. 
indifferent.gif

http://kicksoncourt.com/how-do-you-...elite-due-to-toebox-issue-with-the-lebron-xi/

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, it was a good read.

I agree with everything NW said in the article, the blame has to be on LBJ. And if what was written is true, then smh at Nike talking about back problems haha

That article is speculation just like all of our post in here.

None of us have a clue as to why he's not wearing the 11.

But there's no reason to believe that Nike won't resolve whatever issue there is...at some point

That article is speculation just like all of our post in here.

None of us have a clue as to why he's not wearing the 11.

But there's no reason to believe that Nike won't resolve whatever issue there is...at some point
very true. it's just really strange to me why Nike can't/won't fix it somehow. or maybe they just haven't gotten the chance to yet? I'm really just curious because I love the shoe on court!
What other colors are dropping.

Heat home?

Last edited:
very true. it's just really strange to me why Nike can't/won't fix it somehow. or maybe they just haven't gotten the chance to yet? I'm really just curious because I love the shoe on court!

We forget that he's only been switching out of the XI for 9 games now.

Nike has plenty of time to fix it.

Last edited:
Right, I agree with NW regarding the fact that this should have been resolved before release date. As to what the actual problem is none of us will know unless you're in those meetings behind closed doors at nike HQ

I wanna try balling in these. But then I can't return them if I don't like it. =(

Lol people in this thread have talked about playing in shoes and taking them back after deciding they don't like them

Ain't no **** I would do, but it's been done lol

I wanna try balling in these. But then I can't return them if I don't like it. =(
yeah,well, they say there's a break in period for this before you really got to "like it, like it". I just got my TW last night and while I  like the cushioning, the fit is killing me. I tried balling earlier but it just killed my feet after a few minutes wearing it. I'll probably just sell them to recoup the money i spent. I guess I'm sticking with the Kobe 8 for now. I guess Lebrons aren't the shoes for me. 

We got our launch list today for the rest of the year, at the end of December there is a green/yellow color dropping that I've not seen posted here.

I thought maybe the FI would re-release like the Jades, but actually doubt it because of the PREHEAT title on them. KDs with that tag were pretty hard to come by and didn't release in large numbers. We shall see...
I would consider the release this past Thursday the re-release.

I promised myself after copping my FIs the next lebron 11 I'll be picking up is the ASG next year, but all these MN pics is making me wanna break that promise

yeah,well, they say there's a break in period for this before you really got to "like it, like it". I just got my TW last night and while I  like the cushioning, the fit is killing me. I tried balling earlier but it just killed my feet after a few minutes wearing it. I'll probably just sell them to recoup the money i spent. I guess I'm sticking with the Kobe 8 for now. I guess Lebrons aren't the shoes for me. 

I'm pretty sure nike still has a satisfaction guarantee on their products. They won't give you your cash back, but you'll get a gift card/voucher. I've taken back a bunch of pairs over the years for performance not being up to a 170-200 dollar standard. As long as you don't go in there with some shoes you wore once and can't resell, talking about "my toes hurt when i walk in them", you should be good.

I've also noted in here a bunch of pages back that initially the XI's had my achilles aching after about 40 minutes of run. They've gotten a bunch of sessions since then and they feel great now that they're broken in. It took a bunch of hours to get to this point though.

Honestly, I don't really blame Nike for that. I kinda blame Lebron because it's just the nature of the shoe- the toebox is foamposite, so it needs to break in. That was one of the biggest selling points about foamposite when it first came out- it loosened up and shaped to your foot the more you wore them. When you're trying to wear a new pair every night like he would be, then you're never really gonna have a shoe that will be broken in enough to work with your foot well. 

This article goes into it pretty well. Also.. peep how messed up the dude's toes are. 
indifferent.gif

http://kicksoncourt.com/how-do-you-...elite-due-to-toebox-issue-with-the-lebron-xi/
LeBron probably wants to wear a fresh pair every game because JORDAN wore a fresh pair every game. Mike mentioned how he loved having that new shoe feeling every time he laced up a fresh pair.

I concur on a new designer

Make sure they're lightweight 1st and foremost(for my sake lol)

Brons are heavy to me, don't know how the XI feels but I'm sure I can't be too far off with those either, but if I'm wrong feel free to correct me

Extremely light. I'll do a weight comparison of my own one of these nights, I own 8 9 10 and 11, with some lows mixed in there

Back
Top Bottom