Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

Originally Posted by buggz05

woooooowww somebody point me in the right direction for mixing headphones.
Beat's By Dre, lol, but on the real, I found some nice ones at Radio Shack, they were about $30, I use them because I don't want peoplebreaking the good Sony's. Check musiciansfriend.com they have some nice ones on clearence.

does any body know how to use virtual dj!..i just downloaded the trail and i need help on mixing and blending in songs together.

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23

has anyone ever used the Korg Nano Pad? if so, what are your thoughts about it?
laugh.gif
i just googled it... if u use that thing ill clown you with no end... no matter how good ur beats sound... thing just looks like a toy... if u want pads get an akai mpd... or a best of both worlds joint wit pads and keys...

and if u didnt kno reason is 2 gigs... u aint gettin that in no pm...
laugh.gif

I'll vouch for Korg's Pads. They are very expressive - I have a KPC. BUT, 8 pads + an xy pad??? for 99 bucks??? If I didn't get my KPC for so cheap I'd be maaad.

EDIT: I can't vouch for an mbox or even a digi for that matter. WASTE of money, get you an m-audio card or interface for cheaper. It's about the same quality with the same access to PT software.

I CAN vouch for the MBox 2. Good product, simple, gets the job done, portable. They aren't that expensive. The quality makes a big difference too. Alsowork off a Digi 001 toot hough.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by GetLikeMe

mad.gif

I just lost alllllllll 7gigs worth of my drums. Somebody help me out.
u do not need 7 gigs worth of drums...
laugh.gif
..it wasnt even like I used half of em..just the fact that i had em
mad.gif
laugh.gif
and I gotta reup.

Yea I feel you, you def. Don't need all them, but it makes you feel secure

I still have vst's for sale, if interested

Starter kits to vsts you dont need but look cool lol

Floss, I'm going to have to hit you up. I came across a MIDI controller today at Guitar Center, couldn't pass it up, setting it up with Reason now,then FL, then later on on the MBOX 2 with Pro Tools and etc. But yeah, I'm going to need to load up on VST's, waiting until I get a new externalfirewire so I can format.

I haven't been in here in MONTHS. Since my laptop crashed in early Oct. I couldn't even make music like I wanted to
smh.gif
(Bein ya boys "Inhouse"/!%$+$) FTL. I'm just checkin in cause Im gettin a laptop in a week. How much ghz/RAM should I have as a minimum?

Originally Posted by CashoutKeith

Originally Posted by RhymeSik

Originally Posted by CashoutKeith

yo can some one post how to record vocals
Explain what you mean by how to record vocals.

record vocals as in laying the verse then adlibs and then what ever comes next

Record vocals
Record doubles (recording the same vocals on a different track)
Ad-libs panned to your liking
chorus panned Left and right

As far as mixing:
EQ
Reverb (Just a bit)
Delay (Only if the mood of the song calls for it)

I got u... $75 plus 30 gigs of refills... plus tech support from me... who else can off that? get at me on aim... ihateTimedotcom

Ok I just got an opportunity to get an Macbook Pro for $750.

Here are some of the specs:
2.2 GHz intel core 2 duo processor
2 GB Ram,
160 GB Hard Drive,
SuperDrive to Burn DVD's and CD's.
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 128 MB of Video memory
Ethernet
AirPort Extreme
Bluetooth
Illuminated keyboard
Firewire 400 port
2 USB 2.0 ports
iSight camera

Originally I wanted to just stick with Windows cause I use Fl as a sequencer & Reason sounds.

I was gonna cop a HP laptop for around $650 with basically the same specs except the GHz are a little lower. Anyway...

My main questions are:
  • Should I risk my FL knowledge and mess with Logic Express (Pro in the future) By getting a Mac? Or Should I stick with the $650 HP?
  • Also, in the event that I do get a Macbook, can I rewire Reason into Logic like I would FL? Would I need Reason anymore?
Thanks guys.

Stick with PC for cheaper, and you could get more sounds in the long run... and you will not notice the GHz, unless its really a big diff.

Plus you already good with FL i assume, so no sense in learning logic, right now...get your beat game up or whatever you trying to do, then move on, if needbe... but remember, there are waaayyyy more vst's for pc than mac

Yes, Logic, can rewire reason

Originally Posted by flossb15

Stick with PC for cheaper, and you could get more sounds in the long run... and you will not notice the GHz, unless its really a big diff.

Plus you already good with FL i assume, so no sense in learning logic, right now...get your beat game up or whatever you trying to do, then move on, if need be... but remember, there are waaayyyy more vst's for pc than mac

Yes, Logic, can rewire reason
See thats the thing, I kinda hit a wall when it comes to FL. Like, I can't really get much better with FL than I am now (Not on some cocky%$**) but its true, you know?

The Vst thing might get on my nerves tho. I dunno
ohwell.gif

More insight plux?

Yea, Nemesis beats are the %!#+. Ok, I'll save the $$$ and get the HP. You and Floss usually know ur stuff. I'll prolly be on the Aim late night ortomorrow morning.

Thanks ya'll...

Is cool edit used like Pro tools like I can track every instrument so I can mix them better? What exactly can I do with Cool Edit pro?

Alright, I don't know anything about any of this $#@!, and I'm sure it's been answered in this thread, but can I find a decent beat-making keyboardfor a couple hundred dollars? If so, what and where?
nerd.gif

I just want one to fool around with; I'm not trying to get famous or anything.

Back
Top Bottom