Let's Talk About Attraction

NOVA raised black guys tend to be lame as **** unless they're from certain parts like Alexandria, nawmean? there's a certain swagger missing whereas a white dude from that area is all about it. The black chicks are real preppy though.
K. Now I get what you're saying.

You just hit the nail on the head and answered your own question. Most people who live here are preppy and less swaggerish. I have girlfriends who NEED swag whereas I don't like it at all. It's not a black or white thing. It's a culture thing.

Question.

Do you have a "Dad" bod and is this why you are offended?

I have two friends and one guy trying to get with one of them.  The one he was pursuing can't stand him. The other likes him but she probably has too much baggage for him to reciprocate (divorcing, one kid). The first hates his body, feels he's out of shape. He tried to join her exercise class and she made fun of how little endurance he has. She goes to the gym 4 to 5 times a week. It's her release. It's important to her.

The girl who actually likes him could care less about the gym. She has a nice physique but  doesn't care about classes and  working out etc. She actually likes his body because she says bigger men are better in bed, softer to cuddle with...she just likes it.

Why does either woman have to be wrong? Which, if that is your interpretation , that I think body type of wrong, that isn't what I'm saying. A fit person turns me on more. I enjoy being out and doing things.  I like running and climbing walls. If I'm intimate with an athletic person, I like it more. I prefer that than to say..."I am with my boyfriend despite his size/ weight."

She knows what the **** she talking about :pimp:

As a bigger fellow ( 6'+, 300+), I can attest to those things. I just happen to be somewhat attractive and have a dynamic personality. I'm in the gym to get rid of the excess sexy off of me but at the end of the day, none of that matters. We're all going to be out of shape eventually and that's just that unless you're a part of that .1% of people that has an incredible body at the age of 90.

Attraction is important but don't let that **** cloud your vision of a good man.....unless you trying to get your guts rearranged then do whatever you want :lol:

What is the point of this thread?

What are you trying to get from this discussion? Are you trying to justify being vain by seeing if other people felt the same way?

Not talking about online though, talking about real life. I know nothing about online dating. I'm more of a "in the physical form" person.

I actually spoke to 2 black females from NOVA (casual convo) and they said that the white guys in the area are more "appealing to them than the Black guys in the area". you could tell they were raised a certain way though
mean.gif
About a week ago I read through a letter from a black man in the dmv explaining why he wouldn't date a black woman. I wanted to respond that he was ignorant as h*** and why would any white women want to even date a black man who had issues with women who looked liked him., etc but I didn't. I figured he'd date some white girls and tell me his experience later.

I didn't even respond and ignored it. He had been burned by a few black women and made general assumptions and I wanted to tell him that white men end up saying the same EXACT things about white women  (stuck up, nagging, entitled, attitude ...)when they begin dating black women.  If you get burned, you generalize the whole race.

The women you talk about are generalizing what they THINK and don't know. People who think that way have not dated interracially very often so they tend to glamorize or have "the grass is greener on the other side" mentality.  It's no different. At all. This is why I pay no attention to color. Color is one thing, culture is a whole nother playing field.

Last edited:
She knows what the **** she talking about
pimp.gif

As a bigger fellow ( 6'+, 300+), I can attest to those things. I just happen to be somewhat attractive and have a dynamic personality. I'm in the gym to get rid of the excess sexy off of me but at the end of the day, none of that matters. We're all going to be out of shape eventually and that's just that unless you're a part of that .1% of people that has an incredible body at the age of 90.

Attraction is important but don't let that **** cloud your vision of a good man.....unless you trying to get your guts rearranged then do whatever you want
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Before all of it there were time periods between social events that they at least could cool down and just relax, now it's a constant 24/7 burst of "gotta impress, gotta impress, gotta impress.....". their minds literally can't take it. Not saying all females, just the ones that fall into the category
This. 

Question.

Do you have a "Dad" bod and is this why you are offended?
Don't read too much into it.

I'm 6'1 and vary from 173-190lbs depending on how much im eating and working out. So slim with some muscle.

I just decided to post the way your thread sounded to me. Which is hey i heard "dad bods" are in... but i still like fit guys... someone please validate me.

Im really just tired of you posting about your woes with your preferences in men.. I'm pretty sure you aren't very attractive which is why you have all these questions for us because dudes in real life won't answer them straight up because they don't want to offend you. If by some chance you are physically attractive, men are probably turned off by your constant need to feel reassured that your mentality is right and the problem is with us men. But obviously no one knows which it is because you refuse to pay your respects to what is pretty much a mens locker room by posting pics.

Don't read too much into it.

I'm 6'1 and vary from 173-190lbs depending on how much im eating and working out. So slim with some muscle.

I just decided to post the way your thread sounded to me. Which is hey i heard "dad bods" are in... but i still like fit guys... someone please validate me.

Im really just tired of you posting about your woes with your preferences in men.. I'm pretty sure you aren't very attractive which is why you have all these questions for us because dudes in real life won't answer them straight up because they don't want to offend you. If by some chance you are physically attractive, men are probably turned off by your constant need to feel reassured that your mentality is right and the problem is with us men. But obviously no one knows which it is because you refuse to pay your respects to what is pretty much a mens locker room by posting pics.
Congratulations. Your intuitive powers from my posts, I mean.

I think I've done well with rejections because I view it as preference and don't take it personal.  I never ask why someone doesn't want to date me. If they don't , that's all I need.

For me , looks is high on my list because of the area I live in. I don't run into the same characters to have time to fall for other attributes that I don't get to see in a short window of time. That probably changed about me through conditioning because I wasn't like that before.

I SAID exactly what I thought. I don't want a bigger guy anymore. Not saying one can't come around and sweep me off my feet. I just doubt it.

I posted out of boredom like I usually do. It was a topic I dwelled on when I read it.

Last edited:
No humble brag but what's up with these mid twenties birds saying "your body makes me feel insecure about my own?" I love a fit athletic girl but also love full faces so a pretty woman with a little extra is a physical trait I LOVE. Lately some of these types and even perfectly fit women have been on something else entirely.

Was never a problem in high school or college definitely a recent phenomenon.

On the topic of Dad Bod, sloppy weak and out of shape will never beit. That said no homo but I love the aesthetics on my hogs out there. Nothing wrong with a gut. A hog is built in the chest and shoulders though. You know maybe played football. Definitely hit a little upper body in the gym over the course of a lifetime.

Last edited:

Congratulations. Your intuitive powers from my posts, I mean.

I think I've done well with rejections because I view it as preference and don't take it personal.  I never ask why someone doesn't want to date me. If they don't , that's all I need.

For me , looks is high on my list because of the area I live in. I don't run into the same characters to have time to fall for other attributes that I don't get to see in a short window of time. That probably changed about me through conditioning because I wasn't like that before.

I SAID exactly what I thought. I don't want a bigger guy anymore. Not saying one can't come around and sweep me off my feet. I just doubt it.

I posted out of boredom like I usually do. It was a topic I dwelled on when I read it.
As a psychology minor,  I can point you to NUMEROUS peer review research articles that conclude that while people rate attractiveness the same regardless of their own attractiveness... They tend to date people who are close/similar or only slightly above their own looks ratings.

The best advice I can give you if you want to be successful in getting a boyfriend or partner who's worth something or whatever is 
  • know your goals... this goes with generally putting your life first. If you are chasing a dude just to have someone... stop and make yourself a total catch.
  • don't be shy... men are dumb and men are lazy. we don't follow your subtle cues and we don't want to work hard for it. Make it obvious and plain but witty and not annoying. it's still supply and demand. If you are always in supply, demand is low. But if you don't put any bait on the hook the fish ain't biting either.
  • put yourself into situations where those people are.. you want fit people.. then i hope you are in the gym and on the beach with friends and at running and sporting events and body expos where those people are. Just know that if you arent about that life you wont have much success.
  • which brings me to my last point.. let things flow more. don't be constantly out on the hunt. when someones life style fits into yours naturally, you will save yourself a lot of headache from forcing it and wasting time

Go to the Gym, plenty of fit, strong ***, swole ****** that your probably attracted to.

I feel like i have a dad bod sometimes, but whatever.. my previous gf's loved it. It kept them warm and protected. And all i need is 1 month of hot weather to slim down back into shape.

I like all shapes and sizes of women but I personally can't fade a fat/overweight girl that doesnt even TRY to get in shape.. or a chick that intakes more food than I can in one sitting - that **** right there is disgusting to me lol. so i can kind of understand where OP is coming from

btw ..imo...Chicks in NOVA usually require that you drive an M3 or higher... just my experience on the matter, no special physical features required LOL

As a psychology minor,  I can point you to NUMEROUS peer review research articles that conclude that while people rate attractiveness the same regardless of their own attractiveness... They tend to date people who are close/similar or only slightly above their own looks ratings.

The best advice I can give you if you want to be successful in getting a boyfriend or partner who's worth something or whatever is
  • know your goals... this goes with generally putting your life first. If you are chasing a dude just to have someone... stop and make yourself a total catch.
  • don't be shy... men are dumb and men are lazy. we don't follow your subtle cues and we don't want to work hard for it. Make it obvious and plain but witty and not annoying. it's still supply and demand. If you are always in supply, demand is low. But if you don't put any bait on the hook the fish ain't biting either.
  • put yourself into situations where those people are.. you want fit people.. then i hope you are in the gym and on the beach with friends and at running and sporting events and body expos where those people are. Just know that if you arent about that life you wont have much success.
  • which brings me to my last point.. let things flow more. don't be constantly out on the hunt. when someones life style fits into yours naturally, you will save yourself a lot of headache from forcing it and wasting time
Wait.You don't understand. I want a fit guy, not a muscle head. I don't like big muscles either.   

Basically I want someone balanced.

Go to the Gym, plenty of fit, strong ***, swole ****** that your probably attracted to.

I feel like i have a dad bod sometimes, but whatever.. my previous gf's loved it. It kept them warm and protected. And all i need is 1 month of hot weather to slim down back into shape.

I like all shapes and sizes of women but I personally can't fade a fat/overweight girl that doesnt even TRY to get in shape.. or a chick that intakes more food than I can in one sitting - that **** right there is disgusting to me lol. so i can kind of understand where OP is coming from

btw ..imo...Chicks in NOVA usually require that you drive an M3 or higher... just my experience on the matter, no special physical features required LOL
Don't care about car either.

Last edited:
:smh:

:lol:

I didn't see anything saying or suggesting you find a muscle head in his post.

OP, like many other women on planet earth , You are confusing af. But I really do hope you find your perfect "in the middle" man.

I bet her next bf will be Jewish

Back
Top Bottom