Life and Death Vol. Life is Precious

My whole thing with that is this...

In life, say a woman had more than one spouse. It's perfectly fine to remarry in Islam after divorce or death of spouse.

When people reunite in heaven how does that work? Does the wife get both guys? What if she gets the one she loves more, does homie who didn't get chose just have to suck it up.

Folks always tell me "Allah will provide someone who that person will love even more". How? I mean the woman you had when you were flesh and blood bore your children, was with you when you were sick and now she chose another. Can't replace that.

There's just so many abstract scenarios that make the idea of an afterlife, in my mind, highly impractical.

What of the sheer numbers of it all. Literally 100 billion humans have walked this earth at one time or another, many billions more never had the opportunity because of one reason or another.

What's the endgame here? What's the point? Is this some sort of Sims game? Why does an omnipotent being require worship? Why these rules and regulations, many of which are antiquated and impractical.

It just doesn't make any sense. Part of me, the part that once lived that life wants to indulge but the truth is that I would literally have to turn a blind eye to so many things that contradict the idea of a creator God that I would be living a lie.

Im not about that level of cognitive dissonance. Life is stressful as it is with religion mode turnt off.

Last edited:
Also, what's with the double standards?

Guys die, ascend to heaven and get virgins? Do women die and get 99 STD free Mandingos and Shane Diesels? I mean what gives? Do women not require sexual gratification?

Will there be rules to how we can get down? Strictly missionary? No back shots? I can't cop me a blumpkin in the AM? What's really good?

Im not sure how that would work exactly, I can look that up and see what I can find.

Either way both parties will be satisfied considering that the idea of heaven is strictly divine and absolutely pure. The notion of anger, resentment, jealousy cannot exist in such a perfect realm.

You cannot replace the woman that you were married with in this world. Its narrated that the woman (who endured earth) will be the most beautiful and respected due to their status. They endured hardship of this life and will be compensated for that. In what ways? Im not to sure.

I understand what you're saying but Numbers are irrelevant to the creator.

I guess rules are relative, when I was a kid my mother and father gave me rules and regulations to abide by because I didn't have that foresight to see what potentially could be in my future. Many rules I disagreed with, many I did but at the end of the day the were to benefit me. Thats how I abide by rules. (If one chooses to abide by these rules). At the end of the day people have a choice to do whatever they want.

Everyone has their path, their way of how they want to spend their short time here.

STD is an impurity, which wouldn't exist in a perfect realm. Women receive sexual gratification probably more so than men. Its narrated that every time a woman sees her husband, he will increase in desirability, and pleasure. There are countless sahih hadiths on pleasure for men and women in a perfect realm.

Urinating and defecating is an impurity, those wont exist in a perfect realm. so im not sure if an anus would exist. You can enter your wife in any which way, except for her anus and when shes on her period. (her time to cleanse so its considered impurity).

No, it doesn't. We are required to pray 5 times a day. Anything else is supplementary. We struggle now, to enjoy later. Delayed gratification.

Time would be irrelevant in the next life.
Nah, I mean when you are in Paradise.

For example, what I get from the Christian faith is they will be worshipping 24/7. So they wouldn't have time for anything else.

You are saying Islam doesn't say that same thing?

For example, what I get from the Christian faith is they will be worshipping 24/7. So they wouldn't have time for anything else.

Yea it's def different in Islam.

Yea it's def different in Islam.

yup, You dont have to pray, it is not ordained. Since everything there is in full purity, all of your actions would be in his pleasure.

Deep post OP, and respect you for sharing.

Without going into too much detail I respect anyone who finds religion to be helpful. It just isn't for me. I have found much more comfort from reading classic novels and philosophy than any book of religion.

I do however believe in heaven, just always have. I see afterlife in everyday things, in the beauty of speech, literature, a good book, hell even when I make love to my woman, it is something not of this world, but of another. Finding god in everyday things is easy If you look hard enough.

Last edited:
Deep post OP, and respect you for sharing.

Without going into too much detail I respect anyone who finds religion to be helpful. It just isn't for me. I have found much more comfort from reading classic novels and philosophy than any book of religion.

I do however believe in heaven, just always have. I see afterlife in everyday things, in the beauty of speech, literature, a good book, hell even when I make love to my woman, it is something not of this world, but of another. Finding god in everyday things is easy If you look hard enough.

Thank you.

I feel you. There's some things that seem supernatural. Inexplicable. Could just be a dopamine reaction that has led to some crazy experiences.

Speaking of chemical reactions I need to try DMT at least once in my life. Willing to try anything that grants perspective.

"Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another."- A. Einstein

"Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another."- A. Einstein

Okay but consider monotheistic dogma, how does Einstein's view fall in line with what those who practice Abrahamic religion?

Wouldn't it be a bummer to come back as a blade of grass as opposed to reuniting with loved ones?

Your memories, your loved ones, you as you once were is gone.

How is your "energy" transferring or becoming another life force any type of consolation?

I believe that when you're dead, you're dead, like that pigeon in the subway. Striking a balance between your happiness and what you can do for others is what gives my life any type of higher meaning.

It's images like this that make me feel the same way. I saw the trail of bodies left by the attack in Nice on liveleak and they're just masses of flesh and blood.

It's instances like that, images of death and gore that really just confirm the absence of a higher power.

It's images like this that make me feel the same way. I saw the trail of bodies left by the attack in Nice on liveleak and they're just masses of flesh and blood.

It's instances like that, images of death and gore that really just confirm the absence of a higher power.

Only if you believe in only what you see. With this logic, atoms, subatomic particles, black holes are absent as well. I dont think you can see what happens to a "spirit". You can't even see what chemical reactions are going on as the brain knows death is here. I dont think gore confirms the absense of a higher power or another dimension,etc. I think gore, specifically the color of blood, simply shows us something we dont want and makes us strive to do better.

Last edited:
Interesting watch,

People give atheists a hard time. It's not ******* easy sometimes. I'm not a militant agnostic/athiest. Though I don't go for the BS that a lot of thiests spew.

Basically what I've learned is that I wish I could have something more to look forward to. I wish i knew I'd see my loved ones again in another place.

I don't have that luxury for whatever reason, my mind won't tolerate it. I'm pretty open-minded but when it comes to things I can't see or feel I'm pretty black and white.

Think that's how must of us who don't believe are. We're cast out like we're heartless people, we're often considered amoral hedonists who just live for ourselves.

Nothing can be further than the truth. When life is at its most trying the truth is we all search for some modicum of comfort.

I think it's harder for us who don't have the defense mechanisms religion often offers.

Not much else I have to say but **** cancer and that I implore all of you, thiest and athiest alike to live and love hard. Tomorrow is not promised.

Last edited:

Okay but consider monotheistic dogma, how does Einstein's view fall in line with what those who practice Abrahamic religion?

Wouldn't it be a bummer to come back as a blade of grass as opposed to reuniting with loved ones?

Your memories, your loved ones, you as you once were is gone.

How is your "energy" transferring or becoming another life force any type of consolation?

Its all about perpective. I use to think I was a body with a spirit. Now I see myself as a spirit with a body...

Everyone is ONE. From a complete stranger you will never meet to the woman you spend your
natural life here on earth with. We are all connected. All apart of the same breath that exudes life and love.
An expression of the same consciousness that manifest itself in this realm and shaped by genetics, cultural background, location, experiences, etc. Our earthly emotions create connections with others but they are based on biological elements bound by this world/realm. Without our bodies and limited senses, we experience the unbound connection to the infinite that we are apart of. The source. We will then have a higher level of understanding and different concepts (of relationship) which our mortal minds cant currently achieve.

Last edited:
Its all about perpective. I use to think I was a body with a spirit. Now I see myself as a spirit with a body...

Everyone is ONE. From a complete stranger you will never meet to the woman you spend your
natural life here on earth with. We are all connected. All apart of the same breath that exudes life and love.
An expression of the same consciousness that manifest itself in this realm and shaped by genetics, cultural background, location, experiences, etc. Our earthly emotions create connections with others but they are based on biological elements bound by this world/realm. Without our bodies and limited senses, we experience the unbound connection to the infinite that we are apart of. The source. We will then have a higher level of understanding and different concepts (of relationship) which our mortal minds cant currently achieve.

That was deep bruh.

I've heard a few people talk about a universal, singular consciousness.

But I like the way you put it.

Even if I'm still always going to be skeptical.

I find it endearing that others believe even with the lack of tangible empirical evidence of something in the hereafter.

In that, I find some consolation.

Thanks for believing for me.

Things like dark energy and dark matter give us a glimpse of the vastness and unknown that we may never come to understand. The universe is expanding, at a faster rate than its beginning, which is pretty wild. And science conclude that the universe is held together by this dark matter. Something that is invisible, but its effects indicate that it must exist. This kinda stuff just shows how much we dont know. Layer upon layer of things working together in complete harmony that create the balance we need to just simply exist.

Last edited:
Don't want to go out like my pops did though. He was still clearly somewhat coherent in his final days because he would try to muster a response when we were trying to talk to him but his eyes were closed and he couldn't move.

That was frightening. Just seeing him there, nearly lifeless but on some level he was fighting, trying to tell us something before he went.
I had a similar experience with my grandmother. I wasn't actually at her side when she passed, but it was damn close. Very heavy feeling. It's like all of your memories with that person are swimming through your head. I was personally questioning myself, having regrets, laughing and smiling. A lot of different emotions when someone close to you passes on.

Back
Top Bottom