Life and Death Vol. Life is Precious

Something I get alot is, "Wouldn't you rather be safe that there IS something after life / A God, than to be sorry believing it isn't."

Well

1. I can't FORCE myself to believe anything. If I don't believe something, there isn't a magical switch in my head that can make me believe.

2. Is God that STUPID to know that I am only believing out of "insurance?" Like the All-Knowing God wouldn't say to himself, "This guy only believes just in case I do exist and he doesn't go to hell."

People act like folks CHOOSE to not believe. 

Something I get alot is, "Wouldn't you rather be safe that there IS something after life / A God, than to be sorry believing it isn't."

Well

1. I can't FORCE myself to believe anything. If I don't believe something, there isn't a magical switch in my head that can make me believe.

2. Is God that STUPID to know that I am only believing out of "insurance?" Like the All-Knowing God wouldn't say to himself, "This guy only believes just in case I do exist and he doesn't go to hell."

Yeah Pascal's Wager is the biggest logical fallacy in theology.

Anyways if there is a higher power wouldn't he be more practical than what so many give him credit for? At this point in the game I don't think he can really knock anyone for not having faith. With all the different brands and flavors, actions not "getting it right" should be the name of the game.

That aside, I don't see why if there's a omniscient being out there, the point of staying hidden is.

There's literally no upside.

Well

Used to have this belief...... when I was ten

FilthyJiujitsu, please explain what you mean. How is that idea immature or whatever you are implying

FilthyJiujitsu, please explain what you mean. How is that idea immature or whatever you are implying

Half heartingly believing in a Catholic/Christian god just cause I'm afraid I might go to hell. I don't want anything to do with a god that needs me to idolize him just so i can get a pass to heaven. Especially over people whom actually do good in the world but don't have "faith".

^ You believe the virgins are waiting in Heaven ideology?

Yes, If heaven is everything pure, then their must be the pleasure of intimacy. In Islam when a man comes to his wife or vice versa it is considered a righteous act. pleasure that we should enjoy. So there must be intimate pleasure there with your wife ( considering if both make it to heaven).

I love women, if I can get rewarded with all things pleasurable and righteous, who am I to turn that down. :pimp:

Does the whole virgin thing apply to women waiting for their virgin men?

this is a great thread you guys.

i need to read on some books to expand my mind

" No I'm not a Christian, though I believe in God. But I don't believe in the Devil, my beliefs are odd. " -- Jay-Z :smokin

Word

Learning is a part of my happiness in life. People stop learning once they finish college, worst thing to do, ever.

Last edited:
For those who believe in an immortal soul I ask this...

What happens to individuals who suffer brain damage, is their soul too then irreparably damaged in the hereafter?

Are those who lose their sense of self through age or condition, do they revert back to their prime in the hereafter?

Are children suddenly more mature if they die young in the hereafter?

We have one answer offered here by HTG, our consciousness becomes universal. A singularity.

What about others? Those of you who believe in a mind body dualism.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom