lll - The Official Denim Thread - lll Vol. 2/Fall & Winter Is Coming Up. Time To Upgrade.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

Can someone recommend me some quality jeans that fit like Levis 511?

I've been beating the hell out of them and has been looking to upgrade to some better jeans.

Thanks.
I think the Nudie Slim Jim and APC Petite Standards fit similar to 511's, although they get a bit complicated because you have to consider the fact that it stretches a lot so you have to size down and suffer your balls being crushed for the first few wears to get it to where it the fit would be to your liking.

Agreed with the Slim Jims but Petite Standards are more like 510s than 511s.
Try New Cures

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

Originally Posted by casekicks

I just got some Gap straight fits in the other day..I like em alot..I know they're cheap compared to what everyone on here gets, but if you a big guy like me and you want something nice then I would highly recommend them..Seems like all the companies that make expensive denim dont want to make stuff for guys that weigh more than 200 lbs..

You're not supposed to weigh 200 pounds.
Actually, not true at all.  I am 6'3, 242 pound, and I have all kind of "Expensive" Denim - and they fit normal on me.   It's all about how you are built, and hitting the weights and doing your cardio on a regular basis.   

I would say try the following: APC Rescues, Nudies Average Joes or Big Bengt, AG, a couple of Japanese denims brand are good to go as well.  You just need to know what you are buy.

I just got some Gap straight fits in the other day..I like em alot..I know they're cheap compared to what everyone on here gets, but if you a big guy like me and you want something nice then I would highly recommend them..Seems like all the companies that make expensive denim dont want to make stuff for guys that weigh more than 200 lbs..

Actually, not true at all.  I am 6'3, 242 pound, and I have all kind of "Expensive" Denim - and they fit normal on me.   It's all about how you are built, and hitting the weights and doing your cardio on a regular basis.   

I would say try the following: APC Rescues, Nudies Average Joes or Big Bengt, AG, a couple of Japanese denims brand are good to go as well.  You just need to know what you are buy.

Originally Posted by jonathan0389

Just get some straight selvage denim they work well with pretty much everything. If you already have the Tims take them with you and try some stuff on. Let me know if you need more info brand specific?

good looks i'll let u know what brand

Originally Posted by jonathan0389

Just get some straight selvage denim they work well with pretty much everything. If you already have the Tims take them with you and try some stuff on. Let me know if you need more info brand specific?

good looks i'll let u know what brand

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Recommend a good pair of straight leg (not too skinny) dry selvedge denim I can wear with some boots and a black tee every day.

Nudie Slim Jim were good for a while until the crotch blew out. The jeans were SLIGHTLY too thin for me, and nudie quality is sub par.. also not selvedge.

So, close to slim jim, but a tiny tiny bit wider in the leg?? any ideas? ~$200
APC new standard, on the low end price, flat head f380 on the upper end of what you are looking to spend...
also, i know you arent big on nudie, but they put out a cut "easy emil" that has a very slightly larger leg opening than the slim jim.  I thought they were gonna be huge, but after a customer tried a pair on, they worked pretty well with boots. I got a photo from selfedge website...
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=422
theres a photo.  not a bad fit imo  

Problem is, the H&M x Lanvin collection will attract more H&M crowd than Lanvin crowd so when they find out that the regular Lanvin pants retails for $800 and their sneakers go for $800, it might just scare them away from the brand even more.
laugh.gif

I'm still looking forward to seeing what they come up with though, it is one of my favorite brands. I'd probably pick a few stuff, it would probably depend on what is left in the store by the time i get there though.
laugh.gif
oh the lanvin crowd will loathe this release for the most part.

for me, that stuff is out of my league, so it'll be great to own a piece that was at least inspried and labeled from one of my favorite fashion houses.  It's also at least going to give a lot of the kids that shop at h&m a reason to step their game up, with the learning of that tier of fashion.

I do agree, im not going to be lining up for this, but i'd love to get a few things too!

Recommend a good pair of straight leg (not too skinny) dry selvedge denim I can wear with some boots and a black tee every day.

Nudie Slim Jim were good for a while until the crotch blew out. The jeans were SLIGHTLY too thin for me, and nudie quality is sub par.. also not selvedge.

So, close to slim jim, but a tiny tiny bit wider in the leg?? any ideas? ~$200
APC new standard, on the low end price, flat head f380 on the upper end of what you are looking to spend...
also, i know you arent big on nudie, but they put out a cut "easy emil" that has a very slightly larger leg opening than the slim jim.  I thought they were gonna be huge, but after a customer tried a pair on, they worked pretty well with boots. I got a photo from selfedge website...
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=422
theres a photo.  not a bad fit imo  

Problem is, the H&M x Lanvin collection will attract more H&M crowd than Lanvin crowd so when they find out that the regular Lanvin pants retails for $800 and their sneakers go for $800, it might just scare them away from the brand even more.
laugh.gif

I'm still looking forward to seeing what they come up with though, it is one of my favorite brands. I'd probably pick a few stuff, it would probably depend on what is left in the store by the time i get there though.
laugh.gif
oh the lanvin crowd will loathe this release for the most part.

for me, that stuff is out of my league, so it'll be great to own a piece that was at least inspried and labeled from one of my favorite fashion houses.  It's also at least going to give a lot of the kids that shop at h&m a reason to step their game up, with the learning of that tier of fashion.

I do agree, im not going to be lining up for this, but i'd love to get a few things too!

I'm just glad that SelfEdge isn't promoting on this one... He was annoying in the last thread... Good store though. Haha

I'm just glad that SelfEdge isn't promoting on this one... He was annoying in the last thread... Good store though. Haha

i know sweats aint denim but can they be discussed on here too? seeing as they are a type of pant

if so, what are some real good ones

^ ^ ^
Good lookin out thanks man
sure thing, the store i work for has a ton of nudie right now half off, so let me know what you guys are looking for and ill see if we might be able to sort you out-  easy email and average joe, as well as a few other random odds and ends...we have some thin finn as well.  if you're in san francisco come by!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Dunks206

the guys are A+,...and i say this working at a retail store selling some of the same brands in the very same city.im picking my repaired denim up this afternoon
   if they dont promote themselves let me do so!  great guys, and AMAZING stuff there...if you have the change to pony up, definitely go there first!

^ ^ ^
Good lookin out thanks man
sure thing, the store i work for has a ton of nudie right now half off, so let me know what you guys are looking for and ill see if we might be able to sort you out-  easy email and average joe, as well as a few other random odds and ends...we have some thin finn as well.  if you're in san francisco come by!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Dunks206

the guys are A+,...and i say this working at a retail store selling some of the same brands in the very same city.im picking my repaired denim up this afternoon
   if they dont promote themselves let me do so!  great guys, and AMAZING stuff there...if you have the change to pony up, definitely go there first!

i know sweats aint denim but can they be discussed on here too? seeing as they are a type of pant

if so, what are some real good ones

ralph lauren made a pair this season that are just absolutely flawless
untitled.bmp

sweats2.bmp

great construction, and fit

ralph lauren made a pair this season that are just absolutely flawless
untitled.bmp

sweats2.bmp

great construction, and fit

Back
Top Bottom