*Looking back* Pitchforks top 500 songs of the decade.

Originally Posted by Essential1

#160 50 Cent "In Da Club"
#80 Lil Wayne "A Milli"

Yeah....... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You say that like In Da Club didn't turn the party out when it came on back in 03/04 
laugh.gif

inda club was epic , a millie wasnt even a single ...just straight rapping and people ate it up.

pimp.gif
@ i choose u @ # 43

inda club was epic , a millie wasnt even a single ...just straight rapping and people ate it up.

pimp.gif
@ i choose u @ # 43

Soo many great tracks with variety from Aaliyah to Radiohead to Outkast

Daft Punk with a couple songs in the top 100
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Soo many great tracks with variety from Aaliyah to Radiohead to Outkast

Daft Punk with a couple songs in the top 100
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nash

#80 Lil Wayne "A Milli"

You say that like In Da Club didn't turn the party out when it came on back in 03/04 
laugh.gif
No I'm saying with In Da Club at 160... and A Milli at #80  is +++@*+* ridiculous...

Should have specified more... When I saw the list first thing I did was go to #1.. Then looked up these 2 songs for a standard bearer of this list.. I am going to admit I'm not surprised pitchfork's hatred of all things 50 Cent (Gave GRODT a 7/10, and the Massacre a 7/10).. but was just pointing that the rankings were ridiculous because A Milli is just a repetitive beat mixed with lackluster content even by Lil Wayne mediocre standards of Post Carter 2....

In Da Club should be at least Top 100... A Milli on the other hand probably should be in the bottom of the 500...

Originally Posted by Nash

#80 Lil Wayne "A Milli"

laugh.gif
No I'm saying with In Da Club at 160... and A Milli at #80  is +++@*+* ridiculous...

Should have specified more... When I saw the list first thing I did was go to #1.. Then looked up these 2 songs for a standard bearer of this list.. I am going to admit I'm not surprised pitchfork's hatred of all things 50 Cent (Gave GRODT a 7/10, and the Massacre a 7/10).. but was just pointing that the rankings were ridiculous because A Milli is just a repetitive beat mixed with lackluster content even by Lil Wayne mediocre standards of Post Carter 2....

In Da Club should be at least Top 100... A Milli on the other hand probably should be in the bottom of the 500...

Nas - One Mic is the most ovverrated trash next to Ether

Edit:
I think they're just trying to make a diverse list.

El P - Stepfather factory isn't that great, def not better than flobots-handlebars, and that didn't even make the list

Nas - One Mic is the most ovverrated trash next to Ether

Edit:
I think they're just trying to make a diverse list.

El P - Stepfather factory isn't that great, def not better than flobots-handlebars, and that didn't even make the list

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Nas - One Mic is the most ovverrated trash next to EtherEdit:I think they're just trying to make a diverse list.El P - Stepfather factory isn't that great
Wow I thought I was the only one that thought One Mic is the most overrated song ever
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Nas - One Mic is the most ovverrated trash next to EtherEdit:I think they're just trying to make a diverse list.El P - Stepfather factory isn't that great
Wow I thought I was the only one that thought One Mic is the most overrated song ever
laugh.gif

Overall, I'm not mad at the list, except all the random hip-hop and R&B songs crammed in there, especially in the top-100. Definitely some amazing songs on there, though.

Pitchfork is on top of their stuff as far as indie/alternative music goes, but the way they force themselves to act like they know their hip-hop is embarrassing. They need to stay in their lane.

Overall, I'm not mad at the list, except all the random hip-hop and R&B songs crammed in there, especially in the top-100. Definitely some amazing songs on there, though.

Pitchfork is on top of their stuff as far as indie/alternative music goes, but the way they force themselves to act like they know their hip-hop is embarrassing. They need to stay in their lane.

Originally Posted by APH

preach

Originally Posted by APH

preach

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by APH

preach
yeah.. just caught "zen" off we got it for cheap 2 on here.. i mean damn i like the clipse but
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by APH

preach
yeah.. just caught "zen" off we got it for cheap 2 on here.. i mean damn i like the clipse but
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom