Looking to pick up a console

havent bought a gaming console in ages and wanted to see what ya recommend. i believe it is up to 7th generation console now, if im correct? im not a hardcore gamer, just looking to pick up madden and some other games just so i have something to do for a hr when im bored.

couple questions
which console has better online gaming?
does ps3 work with older ps2 games?
i hear xbox break down easier, any truth?
are games cheaper on a particular system?

input for those that own all the systems.

havent bought a gaming console in ages and wanted to see what ya recommend. i believe it is up to 7th generation console now, if im correct? im not a hardcore gamer, just looking to pick up madden and some other games just so i have something to do for a hr when im bored.

couple questions

Unless you have many friends, ps3 online is pretty boring. Hardly anybody has a mic and the competition is not as high as on the 360 from my experience.

360s online is the best and has always been. Wii games are the cheapest, i think, but i doubt the majority of games youd want are for the wii and the graphics and pretty much nonexistant online are huge minuses.

The original ps3 was backwards compatible, but the newer 'slims' are not.

As an overall system (from someone who has all 3), i feel ps3 really shines with 1 player games such as god of war, metal gear solid, kingdom hearts in the future, and the 360 is online gaming central. Ps3 is more powerful (specs and bluray) but at the moment 360 has it beat for console exclusives in my book.

360 in my book. & ive had the same xbox 360 for 3 years now, no problems at all, only one ive ever owned.

Originally Posted by DMan14

couple questions

xbox it has better additions to make online gaming easy

no only the first gen ps3's had backwards compatibility for ps2 and psone

yes the xbox has a issues with hardware failures 54% compared to ps3 10%

mulitplatform games are cheaper over time on the ps3, but exclusives dont get a price drop for a while.

i own all of them so far i play on my ps3 the most. i had enough of my 360 breaking down after just using it

a couple of times

couple questions

xbox it has better additions to make online gaming easy

no only the first gen ps3's had backwards compatibility for ps2 and psone

yes the xbox has a issues with hardware failures 54% compared to ps3 10%

mulitplatform games are cheaper over time on the ps3, but exclusives dont get a price drop for a while.

i own all of them so far i play on my ps3 the most. i had enough of my 360 breaking down after just using it

a couple of times

Unless you have many friends, ps3 online is pretty boring. Hardly anybody has a mic and the competition is not as high as on the 360 from my experience.

360s online is the best and has always been. Wii games are the cheapest, i think, but i doubt the majority of games youd want are for the wii and the graphics and pretty much nonexistant online are huge minuses.

The original ps3 was backwards compatible, but the newer 'slims' are not.

As an overall system (from someone who has all 3), i feel ps3 really shines with 1 player games such as god of war, metal gear solid, kingdom hearts in the future, and the 360 is online gaming central. Ps3 is more powerful (specs and bluray) but at the moment 360 has it beat for console exclusives in my book.

360 in my book. & ive had the same xbox 360 for 3 years now, no problems at all, only one ive ever owned.

virtual-boy.jpg

what kind of games are u into?

PSN = free online play
xbox = 50ish a year to play online

what kind of games are u into?

PSN = free online play
xbox = 50ish a year to play online

i'm gonna have to say xbox 360.

the new xbox that just came out looks so
pimp.gif

as already stated, the online community on the 360 is the best.

i'm gonna have to say xbox 360.

the new xbox that just came out looks so
pimp.gif

as already stated, the online community on the 360 is the best.

couple questions

-360 has better online gaming, some PS3 fans might argue otherwise but Xbox Live is the king of online gaming. The only drawback is the $50 subscription fee, but there are always promos where you can find the for $40-$30
-Only a first run PS3 is backward compatible, the ones you would find in stores right now don't have this feature
-If you had a first run Xbox 360 there was a 50/50 chance something would go wrong. But the new remodeled Xbox 360S have solved these issues so you shouldn't worry about that
-Multiplatform games are the same price on either console. When one version is on sale the other will most likely be on too. There are rare occasions when you will find only the PS3 version on sale but is usually because since the 360 version outsells the PS3 version stores always have extra PS3 copies that they want to get rid of. But this almost never happens with a big multiplatform game. As far as exclusives, 360 exclusives get price cuts faster than PS3's exclusives.

My recommendation would be to get a new 360S if you want just if just for gaming, but if you want to play Blu-Rays then get the PS3.

Back
Top Bottom