Looking to pick up a console

Originally Posted by DMan14

havent bought a gaming console in ages and wanted to see what ya recommend. i believe it is up to 7th generation console now, if im correct? im not a hardcore gamer, just looking to pick up madden and some other games just so i have something to do for a hr when im bored.

couple questions
which console has better online gaming?
does ps3 work with older ps2 games?
i hear xbox break down easier, any truth?
are games cheaper on a particular system?

input for those that own all the systems.
-360 has better online gaming, some PS3 fans might argue otherwise but Xbox Live is the king of online gaming. The only drawback is the $50 subscription fee, but there are always promos where you can find the for $40-$30
-Only a first run PS3 is backward compatible, the ones you would find in stores right now don't have this feature
-If you had a first run Xbox 360 there was a 50/50 chance something would go wrong. But the new remodeled Xbox 360S have solved these issues so you shouldn't worry about that
-Multiplatform games are the same price on either console. When one version is on sale the other will most likely be on too. There are rare occasions when you will find only the PS3 version on sale but is usually because since the 360 version outsells the PS3 version stores always have extra PS3 copies that they want to get rid of. But this almost never happens with a big multiplatform game. As far as exclusives, 360 exclusives get price cuts faster than PS3's exclusives.

My recommendation would be to get a new 360S if you want just if just for gaming, but if you want to play Blu-Rays then get the PS3.

I'm assuming since you don't already have a next-gen console that you aren't a hardcore gamer.

So don't get an xbox and have to pay for online play.

PS3 as a blue ray player is worth the price itself.

Graphics are pretty much the same.

Your choice is there for probably going to be based on Game Exclusivity and performance.

PS3 has a lower failure rate as we know and they have some solid titles to their name.

Games are up to you: PS3 - God of War, Killzone, Resistance, Last guardian...etc
XBOX - Halo, Gears of war, Fable, etc

I vote PS3. I bought my ps3 first week it came out haven't had one single problem with it. Use it for everything...internet browsing, movie watching, and gaming. the online is free since i don't play it that much i don't want to pay for it.

I'm assuming since you don't already have a next-gen console that you aren't a hardcore gamer.

So don't get an xbox and have to pay for online play.

PS3 as a blue ray player is worth the price itself.

Graphics are pretty much the same.

Your choice is there for probably going to be based on Game Exclusivity and performance.

PS3 has a lower failure rate as we know and they have some solid titles to their name.

Games are up to you: PS3 - God of War, Killzone, Resistance, Last guardian...etc
XBOX - Halo, Gears of war, Fable, etc

I vote PS3. I bought my ps3 first week it came out haven't had one single problem with it. Use it for everything...internet browsing, movie watching, and gaming. the online is free since i don't play it that much i don't want to pay for it.

Its a tough decision for me, will try to get the xbox since I just been playing it more at my friends..

Its a tough decision for me, will try to get the xbox since I just been playing it more at my friends..

For the online gaming question... if you have money to spend then get 360. I have one but I hate paying for live because I usually end up not playing after about a week, and if you're low on cash just get the PS3. The online is free and it's got better multimedia capabilities in my view, the 360 is great if you don't mind spending on online and if lots of your friends have 360 then it would probably be more fun to play with them.

For the online gaming question... if you have money to spend then get 360. I have one but I hate paying for live because I usually end up not playing after about a week, and if you're low on cash just get the PS3. The online is free and it's got better multimedia capabilities in my view, the 360 is great if you don't mind spending on online and if lots of your friends have 360 then it would probably be more fun to play with them.

was gonna get a PS3 but now I'm building a PC.
I have a 360 and Wii, barely played my 360 at all this summer because there aren't any games out for real.
During my COD4 days it was def worth paying 50 dollars for online. You get content before PSN usually does as well.
Basically if you're going to be playing a lot of games online I say go with a 360, it really is worth 50 bucks a year.

The PS3 seems to be a nice console for more than just online gaming though. I think the PS3 has better games when it comes to single player like RPGs and such, and obviously the blue ray player is nice.
From the way you described yourself seems like you should get a PS3, and Madden on Playstation has always been better than playing madden on xbox imo

was gonna get a PS3 but now I'm building a PC.
I have a 360 and Wii, barely played my 360 at all this summer because there aren't any games out for real.
During my COD4 days it was def worth paying 50 dollars for online. You get content before PSN usually does as well.
Basically if you're going to be playing a lot of games online I say go with a 360, it really is worth 50 bucks a year.

The PS3 seems to be a nice console for more than just online gaming though. I think the PS3 has better games when it comes to single player like RPGs and such, and obviously the blue ray player is nice.
From the way you described yourself seems like you should get a PS3, and Madden on Playstation has always been better than playing madden on xbox imo

Better? 360. It costs about $3 per month. I just buy a 12 month subscription card then I don't think about it for a year. Also, the exclusives on the 360 are more multiplayer orientated than PS3 exclusives.

PSN's is free though.

From the older fatter PS3 models, I know some could play PS2 games, some couldn't. I don't know about the new PS3 slim. There are some mixed reports on this.

The 360 used to break down a lot 2 years ago, but the newer models with the Jasper chip don't break down easily and the new 360 slims don't have the RROD. I haven't read any statistics on how much the new xbox 360 slims break down, but I haven't heard many complaints from buyers.

The games cost the same on both systems as far as I know. The difference in game prices will depend much more on what store you buy them than the systems you buy them for.

All in all, if you want a multipurpose console that you want to use for more than gaming, i.e. play blu-rays, get a PS3. If you want a console for gaming alone, get a 360.

Better? 360. It costs about $3 per month. I just buy a 12 month subscription card then I don't think about it for a year. Also, the exclusives on the 360 are more multiplayer orientated than PS3 exclusives.

PSN's is free though.

From the older fatter PS3 models, I know some could play PS2 games, some couldn't. I don't know about the new PS3 slim. There are some mixed reports on this.

The 360 used to break down a lot 2 years ago, but the newer models with the Jasper chip don't break down easily and the new 360 slims don't have the RROD. I haven't read any statistics on how much the new xbox 360 slims break down, but I haven't heard many complaints from buyers.

The games cost the same on both systems as far as I know. The difference in game prices will depend much more on what store you buy them than the systems you buy them for.

All in all, if you want a multipurpose console that you want to use for more than gaming, i.e. play blu-rays, get a PS3. If you want a console for gaming alone, get a 360.

I prefer PS3

- Online play is FREE
- Less chance of having your system break down
- Blueray player included

I prefer PS3

- Online play is FREE
- Less chance of having your system break down
- Blueray player included

360 > ps3 although a ps3 is steadily becoming worth the purchase (kingdom hearts 3 in 2012
nerd.gif
)...online play is more interesting with 360 with the mic if that matters but that means you'll hear mad !%%% talkin and even more RACISM
smh.gif

...real talk, xbox live is mad racist lol.

360 > ps3 although a ps3 is steadily becoming worth the purchase (kingdom hearts 3 in 2012
nerd.gif
)...online play is more interesting with 360 with the mic if that matters but that means you'll hear mad !%%% talkin and even more RACISM
smh.gif

...real talk, xbox live is mad racist lol.

Back
Top Bottom