LOST (GOAT SERIES) OFFICIAL THREAD VOL YOU CAN GO NOW.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

My guess for how it will play out is this: the catastrophe talked about in the Valenzetti equation refers to the smoke monster escaping the island. Somehow he will be stopped and destroyed. There will be a demonstration of free will and the ability to change one's fate. We will see this in the alternate timeline. Everyone lives happily ever after. Final scene is all the Losties at the concert together. We get a slow-mo shot of each of them as they smile and/or cry as soft music plays in the background. They splice in some flashbacks to good memories from the island. Every Lost fan watching is sobbing uncontrollably. They end but instead of flashing up "LOST" they flash up "FOUND."

If anyone is still reading this... this is the last week of getting to do this so I'm gonna write out every thought that crosses my mind.
If this is how it ends I don't know how I feel. I feel it is a bit cheesy but it definitely will be pulling at everyone's heart strings. I want there to be a dramatic ending...the "LOST" and "FOUND" thing is cool but corny as well. I can't wait, I really hope it lives up to EPIC expectations

it won't let me embed. But by far my favorite scene of LOST.

Desmond's phone call to Penny...
pimp.gif

I still can't believe this show is coming to an end. For you twitter people, today is #ThankstoLost day. 

It won't let me imbed this, but this is definitely one of my favorite scenes (othe than the crash from Pilot episode of course).

After Kearny kills Alex, Ben unleashes the fury of the Smoke Monster on Kearny and his boys. Love it! I marked out like crazy the first time I saw it.

Originally Posted by shogun

No one wants to answer my question?  
embarassed.gif
yes that's what they said. But things change. obviously the show went the supernatural route. They probably shouldn't have talked to the fans as much as they did.
ohwell.gif

who is your guys favorite characters?

mine is Locke,Charlie, Faraday, Ben, Desmond, and surprisingly Sun.

Favorite characters are 'Yid, Ben, Eko, Vincent, Sawyer and Ana Lucia

I hated Charlie (always in pity for himself), Claire (couldn't stand the accent for a while), Kate (she was always the one getting caught or screwing up a plan) and Shannon (weak)

The finest woman to ever grace the screen on the entire show was the daughter of that man Jack operated on in season 2 
devil.gif
 I woulda left my wife for her too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

I hated Charlie (always in pity for himself)
i felt kinda the same (especially cause i work in a rehab) but "not pennys boat" was one of my favorites. that was fricken great. 

Damn, I rarely participated in this thread but followed it closely. 6 years ago I was in the 10th grade watching a random episode and I was hooked on the show. Can't believe it will finally come to an end. I see LOST as that "friend" that has stuck around. Friends left after HS, family changed, school kicked my $%@, and work became stressful but for 1 hour on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night I was calm, stress free and blown away by the show. It's sorta been that thing that I haven't changed about myself although my whole environment has changed. I doubt there will be another show that has hooked me like this. Never did I think that I would follow a show, theorize, and try to solve a puzzle like LOST made me.

Favorite character Ben.
Favorite scene, season 3 finale.

It's been an awesome 6 years following this show. NT fam we finally get to see the end of a great show.

*ends speech, clears tear*

I like a lot of characters.  Sawyer, Sayid, Desmond, Hurley.  Sun when she wore lingerie 
devil.gif
.  Juliet.
I never understood that scene where Charlie sacrificed himself in the underwater station.  He could've easily walked out the room and closed the door.  I guess he accepted his fate that he would die somehow and didn't want to run away from it anymore.

Another video that supports "The Belief Theory." Sayid didn't see Walt until he believed Shannon.

nerd.gif
Was MIB in Walt's form and led Shannon to her death?

Originally Posted by certified hustler11

Another video that supports "The Belief Theory." Sayid didn't see Walt until he believed Shannon.
�
nerd.gif
Was MIB in Walt's form and led Shannon to her death?

After MIB confessed to Jack that he took Christian's form, this was the first thing I thought about. 
nerd.gif

^ I don't know if anyone disputes "The Belief Theory." The question is what does it mean? Is it just that the fruity glowing stuff in the middle of the island is magical and you just have to wish something in your heart for it to be true? Or is it something less corny, like the first step in overcoming determinism and to exert free will is to believe, and when you're on the island this ability is much stronger? I guess that's essentially boils down to the same thing as the corny theory....

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

A LOT of scenes to choose from but I gotta go with this.....
Gets me EVERY time. This is the scene that made me want to watch this show. Still makes my jaw drop watching it now. I can't even imagine how people watching it on television felt.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

My favorite character is Locke then Jack.

Sawyer and Ben are cool as hell.

EVERYONE else is just "meh" to me.

Miles, Charlie, Desmond, Ana Lu Lu, Sawyer and Hurley. Jack is that guy too.

Honestly I like a lot of the characters from LOST so a list of them would be too long

UPDATED: 'Lost' revelation: Was Ilana Jacob's daughter?

UPDATE: I heard back from an ABC rep who says the information mentioned below about the Ilana/Jacob connection is "inaccurate" and "confusing." So perhaps Robinson misunderstood or just flat-out misspoke? Another island mystery.

A bit of breaking "Lost" news (well, as breaking as news can be about a character who died four episodes ago): Ilana Verdansky was Jacob's daughter.

That's what Zuleikha Robinson, the actress who played the vest-wearing Ajira Airlines flight survivor, revealed at the Wednesday opening of a "Lost" gallery exhibit at the Vilcek Foundation in New York. She was chatting with me and another journalist when we asked if she could tell us anything more about her character's relevance to the broader narrative on the show.

"I was supposed to be Jacob's daughter," she confirmed, adding that the writers ultimately decided they didn't have enough time to fully address that part of the "Lost" saga in the number of episodes they had left. Which is why Ilana got the "Boom goes the dynamite!" treatment in "Everybody Loves Hugo," accidentally blowing herself to smithereens after mishandling some explosive sticks.

Robinson said she enjoyed playing the scenes she got to share with her rather handsome (and youthful -- remember, dude stopped aging) father, actor Mark Pellegrino, but clearly seemed a little bummed that she didn't get to explore the rest of Ilana's backstory. I asked if she knew who Ilana's mother was. She said no.

I sent an e-mail to a rep from ABC asking whether Robinson's account is accurate, but did not receive a response. If I hear back -- be it a confirmation, denial or a "no comment" -- I will update this post. In the near future, I'll also be posting some photos from that "Lost" exhibit, which includes some amazing props from the show and runs at the Vilcek Foundation through June 5.

In the meantime, feel free to debate this semi-revelatory tidbit. What do you make of Ilana's role as Jacob's offspring? It makes sense that he tasked her with rallying the candidates now, doesn't it?

By Jen Chaney | May 21, 2010; 11:46 AM ET

ummmmm..................

Back
Top Bottom