Lunargrand

Yeah, I had a similar situation with the Oxblood penny loafers and I was surprised, can't believe you had to size up!

I wear an 11.5 in most Nikes, 11 in most dress shoes and 10.5 in the 2 pairs of suede wingtip Lunargrands I own. The 10.5 was too tight on me in the loafers do I had to go with an 11 and that's because I mostly go sockless or wear thin loafer socks with them. Couldn't do any sock with thickness to it.

Yes, I shouldn't have gone a size down from the wing tips...so i'm returning them both (oxbloods and black/volts) and getting the same size as my wingtips. I'd rather have them loose as I can find thicker dress socks if need be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58  

Might have to make a move for the 3m lunargrands

Goodluck! I recently sold a pair I picked up of the 3M Chukka's that turned out to be more than a size too big on eBay for $100 more than I paid for them and only because there weren't another pair that size anywhere and I called up Cole Haan customer service and SoHo and they couldn't find any pairs of the 3M's in any size at SoHo, the warehouse, or any of the outlets. They suggested eBay and at the time there were only mine and single pairs of an 11.5, a 12, and a 13. I'm convinced they are the only few pairs left anywhere. If anybody knows of an 11 in these anywhere let me know.

Last edited:
thank you for the info guys.. i just ordered 5 pairs of lunargrand. 3 loafers, 2 wingtips.... im such a lunargrand freak... lol.. please post if any of new color shows up!!

I wear a 11 or 11.5 in most Nikes. I got a 10.5 in lg wingtip. They fit good. Got the loafer in 10.5 they were way big. Just ordered a 10 hope they fit.

Quote:
Might have to make a move for the 3m lunargrands

Goodluck! I recently sold a pair I picked up of the 3M Chukka's that turned out to be more than a size too big on eBay for $100 more than I paid for them and only because there weren't another pair that size anywhere and I called up Cole Haan customer service and SoHo and they couldn't find any pairs of the 3M's in any size at SoHo, the warehouse, or any of the outlets. They suggested eBay and at the time there were only mine and single pairs of an 11.5, a 12, and a 13. I'm convinced they are the only few pairs left anywhere. If anybody knows of an 11 in these anywhere let me know.

Thank you sir for the heads up. I really like the 3m but not for $300+ that's on eBay.

Still need to get some wingtips tho

I tried searching this thread and couldn't find the answer, so I apologize is this is a repeat. Anyone know the product code for the woobury/orange and oxblood loafers? 

C11201 Woodbury
C11200 Oxblood

Another way to find the product code is to look at pictures on ebay. There is usually a photo of the box.

How do you guys clean your suede lunargrands? Is the jason mark kit recommended? What do you guys personally use :smile:

Any release date? And i really hope that is a black midsole and not grey again. Hard to tell by the glare.

Thank you sir for the heads up. I really like the 3m but not for $300+ that's on eBay.

Still need to get some wingtips tho
Until you see them in person, you have no idea how sweet they are. The lunargrand's are indeed the most comfortable dressy shoe out there and a lot of times the flashy colors are great. The wingtips are a lot more dressy. The suede is so sweet but I'm afraid of staining them! The waterproofs are great but have a very high sheen. Sometimes you want a shoe you can just wear every day without anyone seeing the same hot pink or blue soles sticking out all the time. The Black Reflective Chukkas are just that and if I wasn't swimming in the pair I could find, I even tried doubling up my socks just to make them work. The best part about them in my opinion is they are the only matte finish black leather pair made and the sole is actually blue so you've got some color, but the edge that is the most obvious part is matte black as well. As a fun little twist, they only really appear flashy when someone takes a picture of them with the flash on. Instant photo bomb. Really sweet shoe and I've got a few pairs of Chukkas (Grey/Volt Suede, Black/Blue W/P, Carmel/White Kudu Suede) and one pair of wingtips (Almond/Red Leather), but those 3M Chukkas would've been my favorite by far and could've been worn casual or dressy, but certainly my every day shoe. Worth every penny, especially if they have no plans of making a similar black/reflective model again, which is what Cole Haan SoHo hinted at. We might see another reflective model in another color, but don't count on Black on Black.

Last edited:
Aurora outlets Chicago same as other outlets..

But one extra

This

I've tried resisting but after wearing my navy pair to a wedding this weekend, I think it's finally time to get a second pair. The fatigues have been calling my name for a while

Has anyone copped the KUDU Chukkas?

if so how do they fit compared to the lunargrand wingtips?

i have a pair of 9.5 in the Fatigues
and there is a slight bit of room (where they still fit with regular socks).

wondering if the chukkas fit a little bigger or smaller

thanks in advance

Has anyone copped the KUDU Chukkas?

if so how do they fit compared to the lunargrand wingtips?

i have a pair of 9.5 in the Fatigues
and there is a slight bit of room (where they still fit with regular socks).

wondering if the chukkas fit a little bigger or smaller

thanks in advance
I don't have a pair of suede wingtips, so that might change things. I'm the same size in the leather wingtips, the W/P chukka's, and the Kudu chukka's. The Kudu do seem to have a little more room because they aren't lined and they are like butter. They're basically worn in out of the box. Given what other people have suggested about differences in chukka/wingtip/loafer sizing, I'd almost say go with a 9 and you should be good. If you could get a 9 and a 9.5 and just return what doesn't fit, CH I think will do the return shipping for free if you can afford to have the extra pair sitting on your card for a couple weeks.

just arrived today. i'm a happy man. my 3rd pair of lunargrands. they fit great, interestingly larger than the fragment tassel loafers. went down a full size from my usual size and half a size down from my lunargrand wingtip size.

Last edited:

Got these in the other day, very pleased still need to get oxblood and the brown/orange loafer on the low. This is pair 5 btw.

Picked these up from my local TJ Maxx for $3.99 to solve my blistering problem when I wear the loafers. They work great, stay hidden and have a little bit of flare as well. Also come in gray/red. Mfr is tretorn

Finally getting around to posting pics of my 3 Lunargrands

Milkshake Suede Wingtips:

Navy/White Venetian Bit Loafer (Cole Haan x Fragment Design):

Woodbury/Orange Loafer:

By far my favorite shoes to wear esp since you can dress up and dress down. Milkshakes are passable for a workplace setting on a regular day too (as long as your workplace isn't too strict about clothing). My fave out of all these is the Navy/White Venetian bit though. Love the color combination... wish I could've gotten Navy/White wingtip suede while it was still in stock. 

Last edited:
Picked these up from my local TJ Maxx for $3.99 to solve my blistering problem when I wear the loafers. They work great, stay hidden and have a little bit of flare as well. Also come in gray/red. Mfr is tretorn
Good find! Whats the sizing like though? I've tried the ones from J Crew (3 Pack) and often times they're too loose, bunch up easily and slip off sometimes when I'm wearing my loafers. 

The sock size on the label was 10-13 which is supposed to fit shoe sizes 6-12.5. I'm a solid 9 in most LuarGrands and have not found them to be too loose so far, but I've only worn them once. They have have this special kind of silicone/rubber fabric on the inner heals to help with slipping. Don't know how they'll hold up after a few washes (I imagine they'll shrink after washing them and eventually lose their elasticity as most socks do) but for $3.99 I figured I'd give them a try. Will post a follow up in a few weeks after wearing them a few times.

i wonder why but all the invisible socks i buy, they still show up a little at the corners at the ankle area...

Back
Top Bottom