Lunargrand

So, I read through the last few pages...they're canceling some orders completely or just filler items?  And what is technically a filler item anyway?
Cole Haan themselves doesn't technically categorize a "filler item." It is, we as buyers, who give an item the designation in order to reach a certain threshold for a discount to take effect.

I would suppose people generally get shoe care products or shoe laces which are less than $10. I, for example, got a leather conditioner. Weird thing is, Cole Haan has this in stock but I have no idea why they canceled that item but shipped out my two shoes.
Yeah, just thought it was odd if they were doing that with the assumption that people didn't want certain items and they were just ordered to hit that $200 mark to get the $50 off.

Anyway, oddly enough I got shipping confirmation this morning and they were delivered a couple hours ago.  Only got to pick them up, open the box to make sure everything was there and check them out real quick but...

Even though they were only $70, I'm disappointed in the leather longwings.  Leather is poor quality (not surprised with Nike's influence still there) and on the Camello-Chambray, I didn't realize the contrasting darker tan/brown around the wingtip & broguing was so distinct.  Makes them look even cheaper even if they were a better quality leather and it looks a little tacky to me.

I just can't believe they ever charged $250.  At least they're pretty comfortable.

Yes. I still got the LG's at the discounted price
That's weird that they'd remove what they assume are just filler items to reach the threshold. Granted they probably were fillers for some, I'm sure there are plenty who could've actually used them. Shoulder shrugs.

When I got my lunar grands I had to decide between an 8 and 9 because they couldn't find any 8.5's. Got the 8 because I thought my socks at home were thin enough, I guess not. Stopped by the store again last night and was going to get the 9, but one of the workers saw one 8.5 in inventory and found it after like 15 minutes of searching. Now that I have the correct size, I can say these things are comfy as hell. Also got the air giraldo wingtips, and those felt pretty comfy compared to the williams.

:lol: that's dumb to speculate that CH cancelled what we call "filler" items. I don't think a company would exert the energy to run a query of these "filler" items on orders that stacked the codes and cancel them as a favor to the consumer on the assumption that we didn't want them to begin with

:rofl:

if anything they would go ahead and honor those items and cancel the shoes

laugh.gif
that's dumb to speculate that CH cancelled what we call "filler" items. I don't think a company would exert the energy to run a query of these "filler" items on orders that stacked the codes and cancel them as a favor to the consumer on the assumption that we didn't want them to begin with

roll.gif

if anything they would go ahead and honor those items and cancel the shoes
Makes zero sense to me as well. I highly doubt they sold out of laces or cleaners, and if people are adding them to their orders why not just sell them? Just trying to make sense of what happened with people's orders.

I do doubt that they just removed these items because we used them as fillers. I mean the could just be out of those laces seeing as they are the only men's color laces that come up

Just out of curiosity, those that only have "filler items" cancelled, are they still applying the discounts as if you're still over the dollar amount?
Yes, they are. According to the invoice, I am going to be charged $147.12 + tax for my 2 Lunargrand suedes.

Even though they were only $70, I'm disappointed in the leather longwings.  Leather is poor quality (not surprised with Nike's influence still there) and on the Camello-Chambray, I didn't realize the contrasting darker tan/brown around the wingtip & broguing was so distinct.  Makes them look even cheaper even if they were a better quality leather and it looks a little tacky to me.

I just can't believe they ever charged $250.  At least they're pretty comfortable.
I paid $114 + tax each for my leather longwings. I personally would never go higher than that. I can't stomach getting these at retail. Leather quality is indeed like that since it is corrected grain after all. Some colorways actually have it worse. I'm not sure if you've seen the full black leather longwing, it's completely plasticky and shiny.

Hopefully, CH quality slowly gets better after being sold by Nike. I am actually curious to see what their Zerogrand would look like.

I don't feel like quoting, but to answer dude up there, I placed my order soon after the deal was first posted... in the early hours of Friday, the 18th.. around 2AM? Yes, even after the laces were canceled, I still got the two pairs at $73.56 a piece. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting.

I don't feel like quoting, but to answer dude up there, I placed my order soon after the deal was first posted... in the early hours of Friday, the 18th.. around 2AM? Yes, even after the laces were canceled, I still got the two pairs at $73.56 a piece. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting.
Was your card charged correctly? The charge on mine hasn't posted yet but there's a new $84.xx amount.

Then, upon checking my order status on CH.com there are two amounts at the payment method area which, when added up, includes the cost of the canceled filler item. Will have to wait for mine to post to my account and then call them up about it if amount is wrong.

FYI went to an outlet a whilr ago and the LG chukka posted above with a blue sole is on 70% off so same as onlin a roughly 75$

Nice, these Navy perfs are sweet, I waited too long and missed out on the coupons.

How does it look with the white laces?

The moto in this forum is buy now return later,lol. But, I'm happy with the black suedes I got.

The brush plus eraser block? Allen Edmonds has one for around $7. Target has Kiwi brand for around $4.
Yeah, brush plus eraser block set, the water reppelent spray is just beeswax, is th kiwi and AE just the same in terms of effectiveness? Might aswell just get kiwi

I can't comment on effectiveness. I haven't used it yet (or worn my suedes yet, lol). But I got the AE one. I figured $3 isn't that big of a difference, given how long the eraser would probably last.

I can't comment on effectiveness. I haven't used it yet (or worn my suedes yet, lol). But I got the AE one. I figured $3 isn't that big of a difference, given how long the eraser would probably last.
Thanks, the 3$ tho is like a dollar short another one of kiwis, kiwi hasmalways been a good brand so i trust them, what about spare laces? Flat,round waxed laces aside from cole haan? I think their 3 for 15$ is done and each store i go to, they never have all 3 colors i want, (yellow,green.brown)

Back
Top Bottom