Mad Men Season Six Thread - Episode Thirteen - Season Finale - "In Care Of"

I swear it must be some kind of feeling/sensation/sense of superiority to have a man tell you he owes you one when you're banging his wife.
So Bob is a new Salvatore. lol

And Don, dude is just a mess.
I thought he was a mess as well at the end but I began to think what if the reason he went so hard to help the kid out was just to get to smash his moms one more to in a way to show he could get her back just like that even though he's over her.
^ Sally is getting exposed to sex in a similar fashion to her father when he was her age.

I wonder how she is going to turn out.
Probably give up the yambs to the kid :lol: Sally reminds me of Peggy a lot but with the *****iness of her mother.

On another note, Sally has the strangest friends; the one that wanted to skip college and live in the city, the sassy one this ep, and the boy that became her bf. All weirdly eccentric :lol: not surprising given her personality but still.

Last edited:
To me it seemed odd timing for Bob to do that (i.e. if those were his true intentions) given that Pete basically called gays dispicable 3 minutes earlier...

To me it seemed odd timing for Bob to do that (i.e. if those were his true intentions) given that Pete basically called gays dispicable 3 minutes earlier...
Thinking with the little head with that move :lol: You saw his face when he was leaving? All kinds of embarrassment. Such a huge yet suddle risk there. Don't know why he thought in the context in a topic about Pete's moms and sex with her man companion/nurse he could pull that but convo probably just led there in his head.

I loved the Peggy and Pete scene at the restaurant.

Nice to see a glimpse into Ted's personal life and how his friend suggested it's all in his head with Don... and Don even seemed confused about Ted's conflict with him. Definitely a different side of Ted than we've seen, especially when he said he wanted to get his juice instead of Don's juice. I read it elsewhere but last night it seemed like Ted is just a more charming version of Pete rather than a different version of Don. Pete's always one to take things very personally and as a slight against him.

Loved Peggy and the rat :lol: then calling Stan and offering sexual favors :rofl: and Stan knowing it was BS "Why are you using your sexy voice?" Great pairing with those two.

Sally was so disappointed in Don and it's impressive the show was able to last this long without Don being directly caught in the act. Tonight showed how far he was willing to go for someone else's kid, potentially messing up his Chevy meeting, putting aside his feud with Ted, all for Sylvia's son, yet he's still so careless with his own kids... never considering how his actions would affect them. A great ending with Sally disappointed and Don so disgusted with himself.

tumblr_mo65gtXRWR1qjllq8o2_500.gif

tumblr_mo6goa06X71s5e5bko3_400.gif

Last edited:

Nice to see a glimpse into Ted's personal life and how his friend suggested it's all in his head with Don... and Don even seemed confused about Ted's conflict with him. Definitely a different side of Ted than we've seen, especially when he said he wanted to get his juice instead of Don's juice. I read it elsewhere but last night it seemed like Ted is just a more charming version of Pete rather than a different version of Don. Pete's always one to take things very personally and as a slight against him.

Loved Peggy and the rat
laugh.gif
then calling Stan and offering sexual favors
roll.gif
and Stan knowing it was BS "Why are you using your sexy voice?" Great pairing with those two.

Sally was so disappointed in Don and it's impressive the show was able to last this long without Don being directly caught in the act. Tonight showed how far he was willing to go for someone else's kid, potentially messing up his Chevy meeting, putting aside his feud with Ted, all for Sylvia's son, yet he's still so careless with his own kids... never considering how his actions would affect them. A great ending with Sally disappointed and Don so disgusted with himself.
i think the moral of that incident was how far he is willing to go for himself. it can be argued that he saved the kid primarily to rekindle his affair with sylvia...the first person he called was not the Dr, but his wife (plus 'you owe me one').

Sally's performance was terrific. I really think her disappointment with Don has two parts. The first part is how selfish he is and the second is that the revelation of Don's infidelity made Sally reevaluate her feelings about her mom. Sally clearly blamed Betty for the divorce and she made no effort to hide her disgust with Betty for the last two seasons. Seeing Don sleeping with his mistress made Sally realize that Betty isn't the monster she thought she was.

Not reading anything in this thread, just wanted to say I just started watching on netflix (I'm at the end of season 1) and I love this show so far :smokin :smokin I've held out just b/c it sounded kinda boring but I went through one season in 2.5 days :lol: I truly hate Campbell though dude is a punk :smh:. Does is get even better in the coming seasons? I'm guessing it does based on the acclaim the series has gotten...hopefully I'll catch up all the way by the end of the summer though.

Wanna smack myself for sleeping so long. My girl HATES all the cheating in the show though :rofl:

Not reading anything in this thread, just wanted to say I just started watching on netflix (I'm at the end of season 1) and I love this show so far :smokin :smokin I've held out just b/c it sounded kinda boring but I went through one season in 2.5 days :lol: I truly hate Campbell though dude is a punk :smh:. Does is get even better in the coming seasons? I'm guessing it does based on the acclaim the series has gotten...hopefully I'll catch up all the way by the end of the summer though.

Wanna smack myself for sleeping so long. My girl HATES all the cheating in the show though :rofl:

Glad you enjoyed the first season, some have said they couldn't get into the show because it's too slow.

Yes, it absolutely gets better. The characters become deeper and more complex, the stories keep improving, and it hasn't fallen off in my eyes even in season six.

Anybody noticed a sexual vibe on Pete's part with Peggy at that lunch/dinner with Ted? At first I thought it was just old friends bonding and reminiscing but Pete with that much liquor in him was giving those lingering stares of silence.
i don't like how they did my dude Bob Benson :smh:
Your dude need to pump his breaks. This is the 60s, black ppl barely getting by. Homosexual advances are not gonna fly :lol:
i don't like how they did my dude Bob Benson :smh:

You knew what time it was after he didn't make a move on Joan when she was open.

I still think there's something more to him, he screams sociopath to me.
Many sociopaths are willing to go both ways to get what they want so I agree that's still an option but I knew in that scene when Roger visited something was up. Something about them just going to the beach screamed girlfriends getting some sun.

Loved Peggy and the rat :lol: then calling Stan and offering sexual favors :rofl: and Stan knowing it was BS "Why are you using your sexy voice?" Great pairing with those two.

i think the moral of that incident was how far he is willing to go for himself. it can be argued that he saved the kid primarily to rekindle his affair with sylvia...the first person he called was not the Dr, but his wife (plus 'you owe me one').
I agree it could go there as far as motive but he called to speak with the doctor not her. Of course one could speculate Don called knowing the dude wasn't at home but beforehand he really seemed like he wanted to talk to her husband.

^I disagree. Don knew full well she would be answering the phone. JMO He's a sly cat. lol

Last edited:

You'll start to like him soon then you will start to hate him again but not as much as you hate him now

^I disagree. Don knew full well she would be answering the phone. JMO He's a sly cat. lol
So why did he look surprised when she answered? To me it came off like he really wanted to talk to her husband. I'm not denying he always had the plan to meet or talk to her to set up getting some again but at that moment I don't think he was intending to speak with her.

I meant to mention this the other night but I feel like Pete's mom calling Peggy Trudy amy be some sort of foreshadowing. In the restaurant they seemed really close. Both are mad lonely right now and their careers are not where they want them to be. Could be a giant stretch, but maybe they'll rekindle what they had in season one and start raising their illegitimate child together. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom