Mad Men Season Six Thread - Episode Thirteen - Season Finale - "In Care Of"

:lol: Pete @ the end :smokin

The hallucination again with Don. I really wasn't sure that was happening or not until the soldier showed up. He missed out on smashing the blond and brunette though. Seeing all this stuff still kinda weighing on Don's mind has me thinking he should go to a therapist.

:lol: :smh: @ Peggy and Joan. Seems she's free game for the low blows since the secret got out.

The mystery that is Bob Benson deepens. At least Ginsberg asked since I was already wondering.
I wouldn't mind it. Another blow to Don in what seems to be a series of blows he's taken in most of the eps this season. That seems like a season finale type thing to do though.
The reason it would be a blow to him is that he would have to take care of his own kids. It would hardly be traumatizing to him
Not really. He seems like on the weekends twice a month or something? He's spent time with them before. If anything I'd see him using work as an excuse even more if they wanted to visit in that situation.

The way things are going now I've begun to think it may not even be a blow to Don but a relief allowing him to move on and pursue a new life.

Last edited:
Joan had no clue what she was doing. It was interesting to see her and Peggy make a move like that though trying to get more power then they already have. Pete is tired of not having any say, I see him switching firms or getting fired soon.

Yea Joan was definitely out of her element. Shes knows the rules to the game but couldn't let it go.

Is it me or it is always entertaining to hear Peter carry on? :lol: He's like a grown child.

I'm confused though as to why the hash had that effect him Don.

Roger was going hard as hell to get Lotus to stay with him. Don't think ive seen that before with him.

I knew Don had to be tripping once Megan showed up. There was no way in hell she would find him randomly in la. When she pointed to her stomach and said a second chance does that mean Don knew about the miscarriage?

Also roger getting hit in the sack had me in tears :rofl:

Joan was excellent once again. This episode showed that Joan is really doubting her abilities and her value to the team so she feels the need to take on responsibilities she is not equipped to handle. A part of me believes that Pete's smugness when she initially brought in the news about Avon plus her knowing that it was Pete's idea to pimp her out to Herb shows that that she neither trusts nor respects him. How Pete said she would get the credit if Avon went well is the same way he said it would work out for her if she slept with Herb. Not only did sleeping with Herb not work out for her despite her status as a Partner, Joan is seen has the office garden tool. I don't blame her for taking the initiative because her history with Pete shows dude can't be trusted.

I need Joan to stop wearing those grandma PJ's, hopefully there's a sex scene or something with her in the next 3 episodes.

I straight up hate Peter Campbell.. Dude acts like a bish too much for me..

I need Joan to stop wearing those grandma PJ's, hopefully there's a sex scene or something with her in the next 3 episodes.
I doubt she's going to sleep with a potential client anytime soon and the only one in the office that might have a chance is Bob

Yes don knows of the miscarriage. Megan told him after the fact.

Also remember the theory of don dying? Looks like he is dying, just not by physical/conventional means. Just about everything we know about him is changing. He is no longer top dog, he isnt as smooth as he regularly is, etc. Also megan as a pregnant hallucination brings back the theory of her being that one actress who got killed by a charles manson follower.

I didnt know his hairline isnt really doing that in real life. Damn. lol

Yeah I agree that Don is dying. He's just not Don anymore.

This season, I have taken more to Roger. He's the man. haha

Roger in the last few episodes had me dying. Just like his character in Arrested Development with George Sr.

It's a stretch :lol: just because the article uses the "next week on Mad Men" preview clip and out of context those scenes could mean anything.

But it's similar to the Sharon Tate thing, interesting and very clever, but mostly just fans having fun looking into things.

Article got me feeling like Megan is definitely dead. "I live here" damn imma miss her fine bilingual *** with them weird teeth if that's really the case. :smh:

Sally walking in on Don :wow: Finally getting to see what benson's deal is. I'm shocked he made that move at Peter. For once peter was very likeable. I

Bob Benson is mad gay :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When them knees touched I was dying :rofl: Theory confirmed.

Man I thought he was sucking up to everyone. Did not see any signs that he was crushing on Pete :lol: Pete may be having it rough but he aint hit rock bottom yet where he'd be on some Marlon from the Real Wold steez.

As for the Megan is already dead theory. In the beginning of this ep there may have been a scene hinting more to that. I think Don was coming home and he or Megan was bear the tv and some show was on (this show I think was on every tv this ep) and there's a woman aiming a gun to a guy and she says something like "I'm already dead" or "You already killed me." so there's that :nerd: but I think that same tv show was on when Ted came home, Peggy was watching, etc.

It was a really good ep. Don clearly feels real bad first time being caught by his kid.

^ Sally is getting exposed to sex in a similar fashion to her father when he was her age.

I wonder how she is going to turn out.

Back
Top Bottom