Mad Men Season Six Thread - Episode Thirteen - Season Finale - "In Care Of"

Crazy how they keep hinting about the tet offensive during the radio broadcasts which I'm sure isn't by accident

Don's on another level though, :lol:

Pretty sure Megan will find out before the seasons over.. I mean, she's gotta right?

That last scene with Don getting his peeping tom on shows me that his sex addiction started at an early age.

enjoyed the last shot of Don just sitting outside his house door.

Peggy about to go in on that account...

We knew Don grew up/lived in a brothel for a time, loved the brief flashback to that.

The prostitution theme was running through. He paid his mistress afterwards, not for sex, but still the act of giving her money while she was in the bed. Plus Joan was reminded of her own prostitution when the Jaguar guy came back in.

Don's loyalty to the Heinz beans guy "Sometimes you gotta dance with the one that brung ya"

Trudy wearing the pants in that relationship for sure. She knew what she was doing when she got him an apartment, she isn't stupid... but Pete had to go and screw it up by getting with a neighbor. THAT'S A ROOKIE MOVE, BRO. And it's not the first, either. He slept with his old neighbor's maid when they had an apartment. It's a great parallel with Don, who comes more naturally to getting women and knows how to pull it off. Pete can't seem to get it right... but that's not necessarily a bad thing

But Trudy with the ether... 50 miles buffer and "If you so much as open your fly to urinate, I will destroy you" 
laugh.gif

And I loved Roger's smirk when he realized Don was throwing the pitch and recommendation. Then Pete with the line of the night "You guys are always talking about Munich, what the hell does that mean anyway?" Stupid Pete 
roll.gif

Mad Men is 2/2 so far. And they set up Peggy swooping in and getting Heinz ketchup, which should be great.

Last edited:
We knew Don grew up/lived in a brothel for a time, loved the brief flashback to that.

The prostitution theme was running through. He paid his mistress afterwards, not for sex, but still the act of giving her money while she was in the bed. Plus Joan was reminded of her own prostitution when the Jaguar guy came back in.

Don's loyalty to the Heinz beans guy "Sometimes you gotta dance with the one that brung ya"

Trudy wearing the pants in that relationship for sure. She knew what she was doing when she got him an apartment, she isn't stupid... but Pete had to go and screw it up by getting with a neighbor. THAT'S A ROOKIE MOVE, BRO. And it's not the first, either. He slept with his old neighbor's maid when they had an apartment. It's a great parallel with Don, who comes more naturally to getting women and knows how to pull it off. Pete can't seem to get it right... but that's not necessarily a bad thing

But Trudy with the ether... 50 miles buffer and "If you so much as open your fly to urinate, I will destroy you" 
laugh.gif

And I loved Roger's smirk when he realized Don was throwing the pitch and recommendation. Then Pete with the line of the night "You guys are always talking about Munich, what the hell does that mean anyway?" Stupid Pete 
roll.gif

Mad Men is 2/2 so far. And they set up Peggy swooping in and getting Heinz ketchup, which should be great.

LOL. Every time he makes a move with a girl it just seems so awkward! EVERY TIME. Even this time when he grabbed the neigbors wife by the waist and tried to pull her in, it seemed like she was not having it. Every time he gets with a girl it looks like a rape is about to go down for the first few minutes. Especially with the maid!

I wonder what Don will have to say about Pete's screw up. After all last season he was talking loud about how he wasnt happy in his last marriage, that's why he cheats a lot. He had his sex addiction down for a while but now he is back.

amazing episode today, really great stuff.

The dinner scene in the restaurant was just so well done, the tone, the acting...loved it. And when Trudy laid down the law on Pete...BOOM. Alison Brie, goddess.

LOL. Every time he makes a move with a girl it just seems so awkward! EVERY TIME. Even this time when he grabbed the neigbors wife by the waist and tried to pull her in, it seemed like she was not having it. Every time he gets with a girl it looks like a rape is about to go down for the first few minutes. Especially with the maid!

I wonder what Don will have to say about Pete's screw up. After all last season he was talking loud about how he wasnt happy in his last marriage, that's why he cheats a lot. He had his sex addiction down for a while but now he is back.

Nah. She was knew what was up and was willing. Word to her face being bloody talkin bout "I want to be with you" as his wife went to get another cloth. Chick is reckless.

The social dynamics of that time period is one of the most interesting things to me. Especially how they interact with women.

Amazing episode. Seeing the brothel scenes was amazing and let us in a little bit more as to why Don is the way he is. His loyalty towards his clients is outstanding and it just shows that he tries to do right in the business world, but just can't keep it together in his personal life due. I've always loved him for that because I'm similar.

"Sometimes you have to dance with the one that brought you" such a phenomenal line to show Don's loyalty and how he tries to do the right thing. When he sits outside of the apartment door you can tell he isn't happy about what he's doing or his life in general.

Pete is just a punching bag at this point, just cannot get it right to save his life. He keeps bending over backwards for the jaguar guy even though the guy keeps putting them in these morally and business compromising situations. Just tell the jerk no already

Amazing episode, loved how they showed the difference between a rookie and a veteran basically handling the same situations. Pete would still be good with his wife if he just took shorty to manhattan or the hotel himself. He treated her like dirt and now look at him. I think they are setting up for Peggy to take over all accts in Heinz, I see her getting the ketchup which Im sure is going to bring in more money than baked beans and the higher ups at Heinz just giving her the rest of the accts.

The way Don took control of the meeting and ran it into the ground was spectacular, i was 'miring

This dude Pete has the worst game haha.

He's so awk when trying to get at females, don draper is just to smooth

Don is what his mother was, a prostitute.

He dresses himself up top notch and appealing to all women, is able to sell himself even though he's married and isn't scared to make that known, will be with the same woman/client for some time until he's ready to move on or she is, and never finds peace with one woman though each one he says, "I want to be with you."

It parrallels so much even though it's different and he knows it. But as others have said in business he is a master.

Amazing episode, loved how they showed the difference between a rookie and a veteran basically handling the same situations. Pete would still be good with his wife if he just took shorty to manhattan or the hotel himself. He treated her like dirt and now look at him. I think they are setting up for Peggy to take over all accts in Heinz, I see her getting the ketchup which Im sure is going to bring in more money than baked beans and the higher ups at Heinz just giving her the rest of the accts.

The way Don took control of the meeting and ran it into the ground was spectacular, i was 'miring
Didn't even think of that! That's why this is my favorite show. Not just the relationships between character but all the hidden symbolism and parallel lines.

Easily the most well thought out show currently on TV.

Nah. She was knew what was up and was willing. Word to her face being bloody talkin bout "I want to be with you" as his wife went to get another cloth. Chick is reckless.

The social dynamics of that time period is one of the most interesting things to me. Especially how they interact with women.
I know she was. It is why both women took his card. Not just for opera tickets. :lol:
but when he did that it was as if she was having second thoughts and he forced it. He is just so awk handling these situations. Also I love how this episode shows the transition into a MAD MEN. Young Don, Pete, and old Don. Pete is following in the footsteps of Don and Roger

Way better then last weeks in my opinion. I don't think AMC will ever let them do a 2 hour opening again.

Like the prank they did on Peggy. She will probably get hit with a conflict of interest lawsuit. :smh:

Wasnt last seasons opener a two hour episode as well. That was much better.

This seasons opener is so far the only episode of the show I dont like.

Back
Top Bottom