Magic, Jordan, Kobe and Lebron Vol. First RING numbers.

Cheat code championship. Game genie crawford ref duo.

he should have gotten last year if he didn't hide in a shell. Wade carried him in last years finals. But sweep it under the rug.

If rose somehow beat them next year it's only gonna make it look worse. But at least he got one. So he isn't the most talented failure anymore.

Originally Posted by DubA169

eek.gif

roll.gif

- and to think the hate is only going to get worse while he gets, not 2, not 3, not 4.....

...i mean dudes are legit upset, fighting mad over this. 

he should have gotten last year if he didn't hide in a shell. Wade carried him in last years finals. But sweep it under the rug.

If rose somehow beat them next year it's only gonna make it look worse. But at least he got one. So he isn't the most talented failure anymore.
Rose, coming off ACL surgery, is going to beat the Heat when he couldn't do it while healthy in 2011? 
laugh.gif

LeBron held your boy to 10% shooting in the ECF...but no one's questioning Rose's clutch gene 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

eek.gif

roll.gif

- and to think the hate is only going to get worse while he gets, not 2, not 3, not 4.....

What makes DubA's vitriol so funny is that he'd be singing a much different tune had Lebron come to New York.  Scorned lover syndrome.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

LeBron was traded bye bye

Spoiler [+]
ff936dbd6a02c3a1b313cad547e7ed7507b529b0_r.png

he chose the easiest, least significant possible road.

"the right way"

should have two but he froze up last season while wade carried him all finals.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

eek.gif

roll.gif

What makes DubA's vitriol so funny is that he'd be singing a much different tune had Lebron come to New York.  Scorned lover syndrome.  Nothing more, nothing less. 
http://niketalk.com/topic...ed-team--niketalk?page=1

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Your dinasour team bout to be extinct. Yuck it up as you lose to the thunder for the next 5 years

Originally Posted by quik1987

So what you're saying is, Kobe just accepted that L. Ok. I got you.

I thought the point of the regular season was to win and get home court advantage. But ya, I guess LAL didn't want that against OKC.

It all makes sense now. You're a basketball genius bro.

Did I see what happened after the Lakers game? Ya, did you?
okn48y.png

And then Melo and Stat came back and messed up the chemistry.

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't
Kobe 2000 finals

game 1: 14 points on 13 shots.

game 2: scored 2 points and played 9 minutes due to an injury

game 3: didn't play

game 4: This was the game when Kobe stepped up and hit some big shots in over time. Kobe played pretty good and this game and had 28 points on 51% shooting, but Shaq had 36 points and 21 rebounds.

game 5: scored 8 points on 4-20 shots (20 FG%)

game 6: 8-27 shooting (29 FG%)

Compare that to Shaq's performance in the 2000 Finals.

Shaq averaged 38 points, 17 rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 assists on 61% shooting

Game 1: 43 points, 19 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 blocks 67% shooting

Game 2: 40 points, 24 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 blocks 61%shooting

Game 3: 33 points, 13 rebounds, 2 blocks 62% shooting

Game 4: 36 points, 21 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 steals 52% shooting

Game 5: 35 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals 63% shooting

Game 6: 41 points, 12 rebounds, 4 blocks 59% shooting

Take the L like the one Kobe took against Lin.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Numbers lies all the time. Number don't tell the whole picture rookie. Watch the games. People pay to watch the game not the stat box

Lakers had to play through the rigourous and competitive 2000 West playoff to get to the championship. Did you see all those west playoff games i posted ? Did you see how Kobe play in those games ? Lol he still didn't earn his rings through all that works he put in  ?

What about those WCF games against the Blazer. That series to me was the real NBA Finals unlike the Pacer series where Shaq was being guarded by Rik Smith and Dale Davis lol. The Finals was a cake walk to the Lakers because they were going to expose Indian inside weakness anyway.

Without Kobe effort the Lakers won't get past Blazer. Especially the infamous game 7 comeback led by Kobe in the 4th

To say Kobe didn't earn his 1st ring is trolling .

And regard that Knicks vs Lakers game. Like i said Kobe doesn't care about Jeremi Lin. Nothing was on the line for Kobe. He still drop 36. It was a fluke game for Lin.  He got 38 because Fisher was checking him. Guarantee career high. We all seen when team start to take it serious . Jeremi Lin and the Knicks get exposed after the All star break. Home court or no home court the Lakers wasn't going to beat OKC in 7 games anyway

Too easy dude. Try again lol

Your dinasour team bout to be extinct. Yuck it up as you lose to the thunder for the next 5 years

You talking about the Lakers right?

should have two but he froze up last season while wade carried him all finals.

So when Wade carries Lebron in the finals you rip on him, but when Kobe disappears in the finals and Shaq absolutely BEAST and has to put Kobe on his shoulders like a backpack, it's ok.
Y'all so blinded
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Nobody becomes a legend by bringing their team to the Finals, you gotta actually win the Finals series to get the ring.
Durant didn't get a ring for making it to the finals
Lebron didn't get a ring for making it to the finals twice before this year.
Kobe didn't get a ring in 08 for making it to the finals.
So NO, Kobe didn't deserve his ring. Shaq gave it to him. Only reason Kobe even made it to the playoffs, is because regular season MVP Shaq, carried him there.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lakers wouldn't have won this year even with home court advantage against OKC, because Kobe was a ball hog and he SUCKED.

Basically sabotage Lakers chances of advancing.

I'm not arguing about Lin anymore, he sonned Kobe and it will be a moment forever frozen in time. Stop trying to derail the thread. I only replied, because you brought it up. Kobe looked foolish, not that "he didn't care" or "let Lin off the hook".

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Couple of things people. Let's be real Lakers first 3 championships were not the finals those years, it was the WCF each of those years. Portland, Kings, Spurs etc..... that's when SHAQ and KOBE really dominated. Lakers had such a huge advantage in the finals those years facing really no good bigs (pacers, sixers and nets) so Shaq when to work, as expected. Here's their playoff PPG during those 3 years for the whole playoffs, not just finals.

2000 - Shaq 30 and Kobe 22
2001 - Shaq 30 and Kobe 30
2002 - Shaq 28 and Kobe 27

That 2001 playoff run was INSANE though! They  killed everything in their way!

Thread starter trying to derail his own thread to make Kobe look more deserving of his FIRST RING.
pathetic.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by RetroSan

so when he had 25 pts 11 rebounds 7 assist and 4 blacks in game 7 against Blazers all while and he's injured AND he's just 21, he didn't earn the that 1st championship? Don't reach Finals without him but that being said Shaq did lead them in the Finals.

i mean i understand you hate the guy or whatever but to totally disregard his effort in the regular season/playoffs because he hurt in the Finals is a little unfair.

That's all you really had to say champ.  I applaud you and the rest of the Kobe brigade for standing up for your boy because that's what your suppose to do.  In all 3 of Kobe's first championships he had his moments or had his games.............however Shaq was the MAIN GUY each year during that 3-peat run.  Nobody is trying to discredit Kobe, everybody knows that he's one of the greatest players of all-time, no doubt about that.  Kobe fans in here are just trying to cop pleas and looking to gain sympathy.  Talking about "they don't reach/make the Finals without Kobe", well yeah those teams don't make the Finals without Fisher, Van Exel. or the waterboy for that matter.  Any and everybody on a team contributes in some sort of way, but there can only be 1 captain, 1 honcho, or 1 Batman.  At NO POINT during that 3-peat run was Kobe ever any of those things on a consistent basis, he was Robin and he played his role perfectly.  Who knows maybe that Lakers team wins another 2 or 3 championships if Kobe/Robin plays his role instead of trying to take over the scene before being properly prepared. 
i agree to an extent, they're are valuable role players such a Kerr, a Horry & as of late Miller/Chalmers etc but we're not going to say there AS valuable to their respective team as Jordan, Shaq/Kobe and LeBron? Though their roles were appreciated on the teams they don't hold as much weight. That's why i view it as unfair. Kobe wasn't even an (truly) established veteran considering dude was in his 3rd year and was only 21 years old putting up the #'s he was doing. 
and on another note, why is it always Batman/Robin were the "Robin" is always hanging on the coatails? There can't be a Batman/Superman dynamic kinda thing? I don't think someone would say Magic was the head honcho and Kareem was the sidekick, right?

i agree to an extent, they're are valuable role players such a Kerr, a Horry & as of late Miller/Chalmers etc but we're not going to say there AS valuable to their respective team as Jordan, Shaq/Kobe and LeBron? Though their roles were appreciated on the teams they don't hold as much weight. That's why i view it as unfair. Kobe wasn't even an (truly) established veteran considering dude was in his 3rd year and was only 21 years old putting up the #'s he was doing. 
and on another note, why is it always Batman/Robin were the "Robin" is always hanging on the coatails? There can't be a Batman/Superman dynamic kinda thing? I don't think someone would say Magic was the head honcho and Kareem was the sidekick, right?

How are you going to defend Kobe by saying he was so young at the time, he was only in his 3rd year

Then bring up Magic, who is on the list on the first post. Who was in his rookie year. Won Finals MVP. And dropped the numbers he did.

Originally Posted by quik1987

How are you going to defend Kobe by saying he was so young at the time, he was only in his 3rd year

Then bring up Magic, who is on the list on the first post. Who was in his rookie year. Won Finals MVP. And dropped the numbers he did.
i used the example of Magic/Kareem to try and stop denouncing of a team with 2 superstar players, wasn't trying to disspelled any of Magic's accomplishments

grin.gif

what part of bring on the hate don't you understand
laugh.gif

havn't been in this good of a position in 30 years i'm gonna talk $!!! for a whole week. at least it was me and not a bandwagon fan because those are coming real soon.

you guys can stay humble if you want
laugh.gif

FIx.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Like i said check the video i posted. Lakers vs Blazer went 7 games. The real NBA finals that year

Bonus
So you saw what name i call you lol Good. As long as you saw my post and what i called you lol

Back
Top Bottom