Magic, Jordan, Kobe and Lebron Vol. First RING numbers.

Kobe didn't "earn" his first ring? I know he was hurt during the series but did he not contribute somewhat to the team's success up to that point?
People seem to forget Game 4 when Shaq fouled out in OT and Kobe hit those 3 HUGE shots to put them up 3-1.

Originally Posted by quik1987

No matter how big you bold your words and how many rolling smileys y'all post, won't change the fact that Shaq put everyone on that Lakers 2000 team (INCLUDING KOBE) and lead them to a championship in that finals series.

The numbers show it, as do the finals mvp trophys.

What does Kobe being in his 4th year have to do with anything?

Did Magic not lead the Lakers to a title in his rookie season?

If and when LEBRON wins a 3peat, then you can talk about LEBRON and scrutinize him.  For now, he's won just 1 ring, on a shortened season.  You cannot take away the fact that KOBE & SHAQ became the best DUO to win 3 in a row.  Nothing you say will change that FACT.  You can delegate, and make a case in terms of who had a bigger factor, but the fact is, they won 3 together.

Lebron earned his ring, and though I hate what he did, it doesn't change the fact that he won one.  But if you were to ask me if I would feel differently had he lead Cleveland to a championship; then of course I will look at Lebron in a diff't light.  Had he stuck it out w/ Cleveland, and won one there, it would carry more weight than any potential multiple rings he may/may not win in Miami.  That is the truth.

1 Ring in Cleveland > 9,000 Rings in Miami.  That is the TRUTH!

Kobe earned his first ring but he didnt Lead his team to his first ring.  Shaq did and anybody denying that is just a Kobe Rider.  Lebron put his team on his back this year and lead his team to his first ring.  Anyone discrediting Lebron using the shortened season or he had to leave cleveland excuses are just hating.    

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

laugh.gif
@ how this just became a kobe thread.

Lebron just won the chip and Kobe still fresh on you guys mind.
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Yeeaahhhhh oookay, acting as if you Kobe stans aren't the only ones "trying" to keep your idol relevant.

It became a "kobe thread" because all you kobe stans still are SOOOO desperate for your boy to be #1 in "something."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gottigotit6

Kobe earned his first ring but he didnt Lead his team to his first ring.  Shaq did and anybody denying that is just a Kobe Rider.  Lebron put his team on his back this year and lead his team to his first ring.  Anyone discrediting Lebron using the shortened season or he had to leave cleveland excuses are just hating.    

file.php

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

As someone who watched that game live as it was happening, the Raptors pretty much let him have 81, Jalen Rose talked about this, they were playing zone, they didn't double, the left rookie Joey Graham on an island with Kobe, so i will never find that 81 as impressive as some people do. Good for Kobe, but Sam Mitchell basically threw the game. 
I watched that game too and I completely agree. Especially in the late stages of the game, it was clear Kobe was going to shoot absolutely every time he touched it, yet the Raptors did nothing to get the ball out of his hands.  Yeah, he got 81 and that's impressive by any standard, but he did it against pretty limited resistance. In terms of Kobe's career achievements, getting 81 should go pretty low on the overall list, IMO.

lol... DO you guys know how Wilt Chamberlain scored 100?

If Kobe's 81 wasn't impressive to you, then Wilt's 100 was complete trash.
Thank you!
I'm not saying 81 or 100 were the best thing since sliced bread but if you're going to discount 81 then 100 should be even worse...I mean, Chamberlain's teammates were intentionally fouling the other team just so Wilt could get more shots 
laugh.gif

As someone who watched that game live as it was happening, the Raptors pretty much let him have 81, Jalen Rose talked about this, they were playing zone, they didn't double, the left rookie Joey Graham on an island with Kobe, so i will never find that 81 as impressive as some people do. Good for Kobe, but Sam Mitchell basically threw the game. 
I watched that game too and I completely agree. Especially in the late stages of the game, it was clear Kobe was going to shoot absolutely every time he touched it, yet the Raptors did nothing to get the ball out of his hands.  Yeah, he got 81 and that's impressive by any standard, but he did it against pretty limited resistance. In terms of Kobe's career achievements, getting 81 should go pretty low on the overall list, IMO.

While I personally think Kobe's 62 in 3 quarters against the Mavs that season was more impressive (too bad it was a blow out and Phil pulled him), the 81 is still impressive in that the Lakers were dead & and down by like 17 in the game and that someone in the modern era actually did it (when its hard to do even in a video game). Also in Wilt's 100 game his team fed him the ball to get him there do and he was playing down low and not hoisting outside shots like Kobe.
And regarding whether he quit in those elimination games against PHX and the Celtics, ...if he stays on the plan and doesnt go out guns blazing then its said he quit on his team. IF he goes out like he did against the Thunder this playoffs where he just scored and screwed trying to get others involved then he's a selfish ballhog. More of the damned if does, damned if doesnt hate this cat has gotten his whole career.

^^^ Can't speak for OKB, but I don't put Wilt's 100 all that high on the list of great NBA feats either. Most impressive thing to me about Wilt's game that night was how many of his free throws he hit, considering how bad his FT shooting normally was. I would say that I feel the same about Wilt's 100 as Kobe's 81. Impressive in some respects, but overall overrated by a lot of people. Just my opinion though.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

file.php
The difference is Lebron second and third option is better than Kobe second and third option.

And Lerogaine play on the East. It's basically guaranteed Finals appearance

^^^ Can't speak for OKB, but I don't put Wilt's 100 all that high on the list of great NBA feats either. Most impressive thing to me about Wilt's game that night was how many of his free throws he hit, considering how bad his FT shooting normally was. I would say that I feel the same about Wilt's 100 as Kobe's 81. Impressive in some respects, but overall overrated by a lot of people. Just my opinion though.
Lol Wilt is 7'0  playing against inferior and unathletic white boy centers who were half his size. Kobe is a 6'6 guard playing in the perimeter. Im sure Kobe 81 is a lot more impressive than Wilt 100

have a seat...
you cant go in the gym and score 81 by yourself...

grin.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

You waited a long time didn't you ? Poor you. Where were you from 00-2010
laugh.gif

And how the hell� did Jeremly Lin make Kobe look like a fool when Kobe didn't even guard him in that game ?
laugh.gif

Sit your @%% down. Craptor fan
roll.gif

Did I make this thread? Did I pay ESPN to post those fraudulent Kobe stats?

How did Jeremy Lin make Kobe look stupid?

Who's fault was it that Kobe didn't guard Lin? He had 18pts 5ast at HALF. Kobe couldn't have just told Mike Brown? "I'm gonna take Lin" I thought Kobe was a defensive monster?

All you Kobe stans jumping out of the woodwork to take a bullet for Kobe's first finals performance. *+!# is disgusting.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Golden State Warriors GM Larry Riley and Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey should be thankful that Kobe Bryant is not their boss.

If Bryant did own the Warriors or Rockets, Riley or Morey would be out of a job. Why? No basketball executives worth his weight should have missed out on Jeremy Lin, according to Bryant.

Lin was cut by the both the Rockets and Warriors before being signed by the New York Knicks.

Morey has said he regrets his decision to cut Lin. Warriors coach Mark Jackson said the Warriors have no such regrets.

"The biggest thing to me is how everybody missed that," Bryant said Saturday during All-Star festivities in Orlando, according to the Associated Press. "They all would be fired if I was owning a team. I hear this stuff about it came out of nowhere, and I think it's (wrong).

"You can't play that well and just come out of nowhere,

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

What stands out to me in that "leaderboard" is: Why is Kobe on there?

3 Finals MVP's and one second banana.
Kobe didn't lead his team in 2000, can you post the numbers of the Finals MVP that year?
Thanks 
wink.gif

ESPiN in full effect.

100% Truth. We don't need to see any stats from Robin.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

What stands out to me in that "leaderboard" is: Why is Kobe on there?

3 Finals MVP's and one second banana.
Kobe didn't lead his team in 2000, can you post the numbers of the Finals MVP that year?
Thanks 
wink.gif

ESPiN in full effect.

100% Truth. We don't need to see any stats from Robin.

CHHHUUUUUURRRRRCCCCCCHHHHHH!

file.php
The difference is Lebron second and third option is better than Kobe second and third option.

The point you cant seem to grasp is Kobe was the second option in 99-00.  

Shaq was in his prime and abusing cats like elderly Mutumbo, Smits, Collins, MacCullough, Geiger...and I'm sure a list of more scrubs goes on. Nobody was checking Shaq. It was a no brainer to feed him. Gotta keep the big man happy over a young gun like Kobe. Phil Jackson caters to older players. We all know that.

However, I'm still unsure as to how Shaq's dominance discredits Kobe so much. I vividly remember Kobe taking games over while Shaq was in or even while Shaq was in foul trouble or once Hack-A-Shaq began and they had to sit him down.

Regardless, Kobe's cumulative average in the playoffs during the 3 peat were 26 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists. Hardly scrub stats. He didn't earn those rings now?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Continue.

file.php

The point you cant seem to grasp is Kobe was the second option in 99-00.  
I wasn't speaking about 99-00. I was referring to 08-10 when Kobe was the #1 option.

His second and third option were not better than Lebron second and third option

^ This thread isnt about his 4th ring its about his First Ring.  But I'll play.  Pau Gasol might not be "better" than Wade but he played much better and more consistent in 08-10 than Wade did this postseason.  Wade was ridiculously inconsistent.  I consider Wade a "better" player than Gasol but he looked really old during this run.

You waited a long time didn't you ? Poor you. Where were you from 00-2010
laugh.gif

And how the hell� did Jeremly Lin make Kobe look like a fool when Kobe didn't even guard him in that game ?
laugh.gif

Sit your @%% down. Craptor fan
roll.gif

Did I make this thread? Did I pay ESPN to post those fraudulent Kobe stats?

How did Jeremy Lin make Kobe look stupid?

Who's fault was it that Kobe didn't guard Lin? He had 18pts 5ast at HALF. Kobe couldn't have just told Mike Brown? "I'm gonna take Lin" I thought Kobe was a defensive monster?

All you Kobe stans jumping out of the woodwork to take a bullet for Kobe's first finals performance. *+!# is disgusting.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Of course you didn't make this thread. Troll usually don't make thread. So Jeremi Lin drop 36 on 37 years old Fisher in a non significant regular season game. Most of the point were wide open 3 in the corner
What does Kobe have to prove in that game ? Are you saying Kobe legacy was on the line in that game ?
roll.gif
You are trying too hard you little troll

Try again rookie

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Shaq was in his prime and abusing cats like elderly Mutumbo, Smits, Collins, MacCullough, Geiger...and I'm sure a list of more scrubs goes on. Nobody was checking Shaq. It was a no brainer to feed him. Gotta keep the big man happy over a young gun like Kobe. Phil Jackson caters to older players. We all know that.

However, I'm still unsure as to how Shaq's dominance discredits Kobe so much. I vividly remember Kobe taking games over while Shaq was in or even while Shaq was in foul trouble or once Hack-A-Shaq began and they had to sit him down.

Regardless, Kobe's cumulative average in the playoffs during the 3 peat were 26 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists. Hardly scrub stats. He didn't earn those rings now?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Continue.

Who said anything about 3 peat? Read the title, FIRST RING. READ THE FIRST POST.

Of course you didn't make this thread. Troll usually don't make thread. So Jeremi Lin drop 36 on 37 years old Fisher in a non significant regular season game. Most of the point were wide open 3 in the corner
What does Kobe have to prove in that game ? Are you saying Kobe legacy was on the line in that game ?
roll.gif

Try again rookie

So Kobe lost the game on purpose? OH. I see you. Did they interview Fisher the night before and ask him how he's gonna shut down Lin? No.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

As if the first ring has been the only topic for 14 pages.
laugh.gif

Avoidance.

Continue.

Only people bringing up other topics is Kobe Stans that would put their life on the line to defend his honour. Read though it. Ravishing material.

The real troll is Essential1.

Dude came in here to post one of the dumbest things I have ever read on Nt then never posted again when called out.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Continue.

Who said anything about 3 peat? Read the title, FIRST RING. READ THE FIRST POST.

roll.gif

Try again rookie

So Kobe lost the game on purpose? OH. I see you. Did they interview Fisher the night before and ask him how he's gonna shut down Lin? No.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Kid please. They let him off the hook. And Fisher was in the game lol. Even Tony Douglas would have put up his career high. It was a meaningless regular season game. You think Kobe give a damn about Jeremi Lin ? It was all NBA marketing to boost Linsanity drama.lol Did you see what happened after the Lakers game ?. Other team said this kid has enough and opposing guard start to play real defense Lin become exposed. Knick end up in a losing streak lol. Jeremi Lin didn't even check Kobe in that game but somehow in your mind he embarrassed the great Kobe Bryant lol.

Here ya go troll. You say Kobe didn't earn his first ring. I bet you wasn't even old enough to watch basketball in 2000
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom