Magic, Jordan, Kobe and Lebron Vol. First RING numbers.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by prison mike

Originally Posted by RounDaWay

Quick question for you lakers fans. If Kobe=the greatest laker of all time, that means he's clearly better than Magic, who's consensus Top 5.

Do you guys honestly believe that? I don't. That's just my opinion though.

Also, somebody said it earlier..but a lot of Laker fans seem kind of ungrateful to Shaq. the same thing seems to be happening with gasol. Even D. Fish to an extent.

No shots at Lakers fans, bout some of you seem to forget some of the guys that had HUGE parts in your success. Thoughts?

Jerry West opinion > than some strangers on a message board. The logo said Kobe was the GLOAT.

Secondly, it's not that we are ungrateful of shaq and gasol, but when you haters try to discredit Kobe's rings who do you think we're going to defend? I mean the guy has given us 5 rings and 15 amazing seasons.
Michael Jordan's opinion in 2001 was Kwame Brown was the best player in the draft. Just cause you're an amazing player doesn't mean your opinion is good
wink.gif

Stop reaching. Hindsight is always 20/20. And besides, your comparing a decision that was made based off of potential to an opinion that was based on factual evidence. Two completely different things.

Jerry West opinion > than some strangers on a message board. The logo said Kobe was the GLOAT.

Secondly, it's not that we are ungrateful of shaq and gasol, but when you haters try to discredit Kobe's rings who do you think we're going to defend? I mean the guy has given us 5 rings and 15 amazing seasons.
Michael Jordan's opinion in 2001 was Kwame Brown was the best player in the draft. Just cause you're an amazing player doesn't mean your opinion is good
wink.gif

Stop reaching. Hindsight is always 20/20. And besides, your comparing a decision that was made based off of potential to an opinion that was based on factual evidence. Two completely different things.
Since when did an opinion close arguments? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SosaP23

Dude has 1 ring in 9 years. Who's really being foolish? 

i said after lebron get 3 rings he can surpass kobe, nice try tho

How exactly does 3 rings surpass 5 (for now)?

And again, the dude has 1 ring in 9 years. STOP getting ahead of yourselves.

By your logic, it seems that rings means everything.
So Horry > Bean ?

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Because most of the shots were dunks and lay up. Assists is overrated. You can make the prettiest pass in the world but if your teammate don't convert the shot you don't get jack.
roll.gif
read this to yourself again son. This is some Lebron level hate right here. Good lord.
What ? Im 100% correct. Assist is the most overblown stat in basketball. You can pull all kind of trick on the pass but if your teammate don't convert you don't get nothing. Also the passer get no credit if the guy who he pass the ball to got foul and shoot free throw. Imo if the guy make his freethrow the passer should receive an assist

Because most of the shots were dunks and lay up. Assists is overrated. You can make the prettiest pass in the world but if your teammate don't convert the shot you don't get jack.
roll.gif
read this to yourself again son. This is some Lebron level hate right here. Good lord.
What ? Im 100% correct. Assist is the most overblown stat in basketball. You can pull all kind of trick on the pass but if your teammate don't convert you don't get nothing. Also the passer get no credit if the guy who he pass the ball to got foul and shoot free throw. Imo if the guy make his freethrow the passer should receive an assist
You're basically discrediting all passing greats, such as Stockton, Kidd, Nash, Magic who thrived off assists. 

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Am I missing something here? Because Kobe's actual numbers from the 2000 finals are nowhere near the numbers on that picture.

Kobe's actual numbers in the 2000 finals:

15.6 ppg on .367 shooting
4.6 rpg
4.2 apg
This is BSPN where Lebron has 3 Top 25 greatest playoff performances ever but Bird and Olajuwon has 0.

Because most of the shots were dunks and lay up.

Even if that's true, what exactly is your point?

Yall Kobe haters forgot how big Kobe played in game 4 of the Finals in 2000 when Shaq fouled out ? Dude put his team on his back and carried them to the victory . It was a classic game

What about the remaining 95+% of the 2000 finals, where Shaq wasn't in a fouled out state?

What about the game where Kobe played only 9 minutes and the Lakers still won behind Shaq's 40 points on 11-18 shooting, 24 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 blocks? That made it evident that Shaq was so dominant that he could've won with many other PG-SG-SF all-stars as his #2 guy.

Kobe in the 2000 finals:

4.6 rpg
4.2 apg

kobesnaq.png

Dunks and lay ups generally produce higher FG%. I thought you could have figured it out ?  Are you saying Jordan was a GREAT shooter because he shot above 50% ? LOL

Shaq dominate 95% ? Reach . Shaq could have won with any other SG or SF ? Lol reach

How come Shaq didn't win with Penny when Penny was in his prime ? Kobe was only 21 ?

When Shaq was out of the game for rest. It was Kobe time. His impact on perimeter defense and his presence on the floor was huge.

When Kobe was on the floor with Shaq. Kobe was always the main facilitator on the floor. He draws all the attention from the perimeter. Of course there were million times Kobe would get no credit for making a nice pass because Shaq got fouled in the process and had to shoot freethrow.

Again you're only looking at stat and stat is overrated.  How about you look at the game ? Go back and watch those WCF games.

Kobe EARNED his medals. He wasn't on some Luke Walton ride along the show

And in the following . 2001. Kobe was beast. A second option that put up nearly 29 point a game in playoff ? Where you find such second option ?

VC , Tmac, AI , Ray Allen ain't going to give you 29 per game while having to guard other team perimeter players . Try again son

Your man Lebron would have been better than MJ right now because he has 8 imaginary rings remember ? LOL

roll.gif
What ? Im 100% correct. Assist is the most overblown stat in basketball.
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm in tears b. You legitimately believe this
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Tell me how is it not ? Are you saying the guy who pass the ball has the ability to make his teammate to convert the shot as well ? You can try to make the prettiest pass but if your teammate don't covert you don't get nothing. Example. You drive and kick the ball out to your teammate. He brick a wide open shot now what do you get ? Do you still get an assist if he miss ? How about if you set up a nice pass but your teammate get fouled and shoot free throw ? lol Do you still get assist for that ?  If player A has 5 assist per game vs player B got 7 assist per game. Are you saying player A don't pass the ball thus he only average 5 assist ?

You can't be that naive .

Because most of the shots were dunks and lay up.

Even if that's true, what exactly is your point?

Yall Kobe haters forgot how big Kobe played in game 4 of the Finals in 2000 when Shaq fouled out ? Dude put his team on his back and carried them to the victory . It was a classic game

What about the remaining 95+% of the 2000 finals, where Shaq wasn't in a fouled out state?

What about the game where Kobe played only 9 minutes and the Lakers still won behind Shaq's 40 points on 11-18 shooting, 24 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 blocks? That made it evident that Shaq was so dominant that he could've won with many other PG-SG-SF all-stars as his #2 guy.

Kobe in the 2000 finals:

4.6 rpg

4.2 apg

kobesnaq.png

Dunks and lay ups generally produce higher FG%. I thought you could have figured it out ?  Are you saying Jordan was a GREAT shooter because he shot above 50% ? LOL

Shaq dominate 95% ? Reach . Shaq could have won with any other SG or SF ? Lol reach

How come Shaq didn't win with Penny when Penny was in his prime ? Kobe was only 21 ?

When Shaq was out of the game for rest. It was Kobe time. His impact on perimeter defense and his presence on the floor was huge.

When Kobe was on the floor with Shaq. Kobe was always the main facilitator on the floor. He draws all the attention from the perimeter. Of course there were million times Kobe would get no credit for making a nice pass because Shaq got fouled in the process and had to shoot freethrow.

Again you're only looking at stat and stat is overrated.  How about you look at the game ? Go back and watch those WCF games.

And in the following . 2001. Kobe was beast. A second option that put up nearly 29 point a game in playoff ? Where you find such second option ?

VC , Tmac, AI , Ray Allen ain't going to give you 29 per game while having to guard other team perimeter players . Try again son

Your man Lebron would have been better than MJ right now because he has 8 imaginary rings remember ? LOL

4.6 rpg
4.2 apg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Tell me how is it not ? Are you saying the guy who pass the ball has the ability to make his teammate to convert the shot as well ? You can try to make the prettiest pass but if your teammate don't covert you don't get nothing. Example. You drive and kick the ball out to your teammate. He brick a wide open shot now what do you get ? Do you still get an assist if he miss ? How about if you set up a nice pass but your teammate get fouled and shoot free throw ? lol Do you still get assist for that ?  If player A has 5 assist per game vs player B got 7 assist per game. Are you saying player A don't pass the ball thus he only average 5 assist ?

You can't be that naive .
You can pretty much discredit any stat in basketball (or any sport for that matter). For an example, steals. You could argue that a player might have broken out of the defensive scheme to gamble on a ball that could potentially turn into a open shot attempt for the opposing team. You could say that about field goal percentage. A player might average 25% shooting during the first three quarters but during the 4th he consistently averages 80%. You're really just nitpicking. 

Dunks and lay ups generally produce higher FG%. I thought you could have figured it out ? Are you saying Jordan was a GREAT shooter because he shot above 50% ? LOL

You got it all wrong. The thing that truly deserves a "LOL" is saying that shooting 54% over a season is not great because it was because of layups and dunks.

Are you friggin kidding me? Ever since they start playing basketball, little kids are taught that layups and shots closer to the basket are the best shots to take. But now you're going to discredit someone who worked hard to get to the basket and put an asterisk next to his field goal percentage because a bigger chunk of his points than you find suitable came off dunks and layups? And by the way, I don't even know what percentage of MJ's 91 points came off layups and dunks exactly. It still doesn't matter, because discrediting his FG% whatever the percentage of layups and dunks was is some of the dumbest analysis of basketball I've seen.

Not a reach at all.
He didn't win the 95 finals because he had to face Hakeem Olajuwon.
You can bring up Penny. I can bring up Wade. What about the fact that he won with Wade when he was nowhere near as good as he was with the Lakers? But yeah, when he was much better than he was with Wade between 1999-2004, of all the star players he needed KOBE to win.

Whatever you claim his impact was, it was peanuts compared to Shaq's impact, which is the point.

Who the hell said he was a Luke Walton? But he was along for the show. Shaq was like a kid in a candy store those years. No one was even remotely capable of stopping him.

McGrady averaged 34 ppg in the first round against the Bucks. Vince Carter averaged 27 over those playoffs. Iverson 33, even though I don't think Iverson would've been a great teammate for Shaq because he wouldn't share the ball enough. Ray Allen averaged 25. Pierce averaged 25 the next year, the first time he made the playoffs. The difference? They were all kicked out of the playoffs and unlike Kobe, none of these players were drafted with a silver spoon in their mouths to be put in a position to play with a player who played in a time where he was more dominant than any other player in NBA history was during his time. Not Wilt, not Kareem, no one was as dominant compared to the rest of the league as Shaq was in the early 00s. He would've won multiple rings with all these players being his sidekick. He was just THAT dominant.

As for the finals themselves: He wasn't as bad as in the 2000 finals, but Kobe still played like meh in the 2001 finals.

Compare the 2004-05, 2005-06 and 2006-07 seasons of Kobe with those of early 00s T-Mac. He put up great stats, but team-wise it was lottery and first round exits.

I won't even waste my time and argue with you anymore. You seriously sound like a kid. 54% from the floor isn't great because it was on layups?
laugh.gif
Assists is the most overblown stat in basketball?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

wink.gif

laugh.gif

Jerry Wests opinion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yours.

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

By your logic, it seems that rings means everything.
So Horry > Bean ?

Read everything again. I'm almost positive this sosa dude thinks Kobe only has 2 or 3 rings.

And yes, when comparing players of somewhat equal class, rings do make a difference. Robert Horry isn't greater than Kobe, but he his greater than D. Fish.

Now go sit down.

laugh.gif

Jerry Wests opinion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yours.
Why are you putting someones opinion over factual evidence? That's laughable. Kobe Bryant's body of work isn't touching Magic/Kareem in the all-time list, so why would anyone propel him as the greatest Laker of all-time? You logic is pathetic. This would be an entirely different argument depending on the criteria. Is Kobe the most recognizable Laker of all-time, probably. Who did most for the Lakers as a franchise? West (Player and exec). Who was the most dominant as a player? Shaq imo

laugh.gif

Why are you putting someones opinion over factual evidence? That's laughable. Kobe Bryant's body of work isn't touching Magic/Kareem in the all-time list, so why would anyone propel him as the greatest Laker of all-time? You logic is pathetic. This would be an entirely different argument depending on the criteria. Is Kobe the most recognizable Laker of all-time, probably. Who did most for the Lakers as a franchise? West (Player and exec). Who was the most dominant as a player? Shaq imo

Are you saying that your opinion on basketball is > the logo's? Now that's laughable.

Are you saying that your opinion on basketball is > the logo's? Now that's laughable.

Are you really that stupid? Your siding with Jerry West's (just because he played the game) opinion, over factual evidence? You mean to tell me that Kobe was a better overall player and his body of work warps these guys?

Abdul Jabbar: 6x NBA Champion, 6x MVP, 2x FMVP, 19x NBA All-Star, 10x All-NBA First Team, 5x All-NBA, ROTY, 2x Scoring Champ etc.

Magic: 5x NBA Champion, 3x MVP, 3x FMVP, 12x NBA All-Star, 9x All-NBA First-Team, 2x All-Star MVP etc.

And you never really answered my question: 
Kobe Bryant's body of work isn't touching Magic/Kareem in the all-time list , so why would anyone propel him as the greatest Laker of all-time? 

And yes, when comparing players of somewhat equal class, rings do make a difference. Robert Horry isn't greater than Kobe, but he his greater than D. Fish.

Now go sit down.

What exactly defines "somewhat equal class"? On this forum it seems to be a consensus that winning a ring is what puts a player in a different class to begin with.

Paul Pierce > Charles Barkley?
Dennis Johnson > Wilt Chamberlain?
Chauncey Billups > John Stockton?
Bill Russell > Michael Jordan?
Joe Dumars > Julius Erving?
Dennis Rodman > Tim Duncan?
John Havlicek > Hakeem Olajuwon?
Dave Cowens > Moses Malone?
Bill Walton > Karl Malone?

Are we going by Finals MVPs only? Because I have some more ridiculous examples prepared.

^ Wait, so you really do think your opinion on basketball is greater than the logo's.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

NT is too much sometimes.

Now go sit down.

What exactly defines "somewhat equal class"? On this forum it seems to be a consensus that winning a ring is what puts a player in a different class to begin with.

Talent leve......wait wait wait, aren't you the poster that said lebrons 6 imaginary rings were greater than Kobe's 5 real ones?!?!?!?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Responding to you would be a complete waste of my time.

You sir have just been added to my ignore list. Good day.

Are you really that stupid? Your siding with Jerry West's (just because he played the game) opinion, over factual evidence? You mean to tell me that Kobe was a better overall player and his body of work warps these guys?

Abdul Jabbar: 6x NBA Champion, 6x MVP, 2x FMVP, 19x NBA All-Star, 10x All-NBA First Team, 5x All-NBA, ROTY, 2x Scoring Champ etc.

Magic: 5x NBA Champion, 3x MVP, 3x FMVP, 12x NBA All-Star, 9x All-NBA First-Team, 2x All-Star MVP etc.

And you never really answered my question: 
Kobe Bryant's body of work isn't touching Magic/Kareem in the all-time list , so why would anyone propel him as the greatest Laker of all-time? 

But Lebron or Birds doesnt match Kobes.... so why are you propeling them over Kobe?
eyes.gif

Now go sit down.

Talent leve......wait wait wait, aren't you the poster that said lebrons 6 imaginary rings were greater than Kobe's 5 real ones?!?!?!?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Responding to you would be a complete waste of my time.

You sir have just been added to my ignore list. Good day.

Which one of the examples I added weren't the players on a "somewhat equal class" in terms of talent? I'm sure it couldn't have possibly been all of them. And I would explain to you that LeBron is on another talent level than Kobe due to

Being a better passer
Being a better rebounder
Being a better defender
Being a more efficient and more consistent scorer

But I'm sure you would just coward away from any in-depth discussion wrapped in the usual Kobe stan "stats don't tell the whole story" package.

laugh.gif
Two Kobe stans/LeBron haters put me on the ignore list in the last 48 hours. I'm seriously loving this.
roll.gif
What's the matter? No convenient "LeRingless" reply anymore so it's just easier to click on that ignore button. Be my !%@%+%# guest.

Dude has 1 ring in 9 years. Who's really being foolish? 

3 rings, 3 finals mvp ,3 mvps, better statistically in the playoffs & regular season > 5 rings, 2 finals mvp & 1 mvp IMO...move on fam

3 rings, 3 finals mvp ,3 mvps, better statistically in the playoffs & regular season > 5 rings, 2 finals mvp & 1 mvp IMO...move on fam

I can play this game too.
7 rings, 4 finals mvp & 2 mvp > 1 ring, 1 finals mvp, 3 mvps. 
grin.gif

i came in here to post a couple of things, but theres too much nonsense going on, with that being said....

2ni3a04.gif

Back
Top Bottom