Magic, Jordan, Kobe and Lebron Vol. First RING numbers.

I love how people try to discredit a player but posting box score stats as if that tells the whole story, no sense.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

Originally Posted by prison mike

Are you saying that your opinion on basketball is > the logo's? Now that's laughable.

Are you really that stupid? Your siding with Jerry West's (just because he played the game) opinion, over factual evidence? You mean to tell me that Kobe was a better overall player and his body of work warps these guys?

Abdul Jabbar: 6x NBA Champion, 6x MVP, 2x FMVP, 19x NBA All-Star, 10x All-NBA First Team, 5x All-NBA, ROTY, 2x Scoring Champ etc.

Magic: 5x NBA Champion, 3x MVP, 3x FMVP, 12x NBA All-Star, 9x All-NBA First-Team, 2x All-Star MVP etc.

And you never really answered my question: 
Kobe Bryant's body of work isn't touching Magic/Kareem in the all-time list , so why would anyone propel him as the greatest Laker of all-time? 

But Lebron or Birds doesnt match Kobes.... so why are you propeling them over Kobe?
eyes.gif

Where did I say LeBron's/Bird's body of work is better than Kobe's? 
laugh.gif

So according to this thred lay ups and assists don't count...

Then what the **+! does lebron do? Haha

So stupid

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Best laker ever is such an obscure argument, how do you quantify it, do you go by peak performance or longevity. If you got by peak performance then it's.

Kareem
Shaq
Magic
Kobe
Logo

But if you go by body of work it's probably:

Magic
Kobe
Logo
Kareem
Shaq.

either way Kobe is still in the top 5.

but there is no logical argument that can be made for kobe being in the top 5 greatest players ever.

Ok lol! Kobe smang your girl plehboi?

I just said he was second best player of one of the most storied franchisesin the history of the NBA...what did Kobe "smag" you?

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Those are Kobe's numbers against Philly which was his second title, not his first.

He averaged a shade under 16 against Indy in '00. Getting hurt in G2 & his miserable G5 hurt his average.

A little surprised that the Worldwide Leader screwed that up.

Originally Posted by kicks4days

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

LOL so i guess Magic was lying when he said Kobe is top 5 Lakers. So i guess Jerry West lied when he said Kobe is better than him as a Lakers lol
The salt is strong in this one�
roll.gif
roll.gif
What a great playoff run by the Thunder 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

They are 4 great players, 2 still playing.. When it is all said and done.. Those 4 will make up 80% of the Top 5 greatest NBA Players to ever live.

Kobe will never be top 5.

Jellybean isnt even a top 5 laker.

have a seat.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Those are Kobe's numbers against Philly which was his second title, not his first.

He averaged a shade under 16 against Indy in '00. Getting hurt in G2 & his miserable G5 hurt his average.

A little surprised that the Worldwide Leader screwed that up.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at people thinking ESPN just "screwed up" this is the same network that gives the most mundane stats possible.

"this is the first time in 13 1/2 years that 2 left handed players both played a game while scoring more than 10 points and each having a shoe lace untied with having 3 different baby mothers"

Yea you THINK that ESPN "messed up", they did that so Kobe wouldnt look bad infront of the other players
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Kobe Shaq. The most dominant 1-2 punch combo ever in NBA history
pg2_g_pippen_sy_576.jpg

If they never had their fallout Kobe and Shaq probably could have won 5-6 rings together also though.  And that's assuming Kobe wouldn't take over and carry them to another 2+ after that...

I'm not saying Scottie and Michael aren't the most dominant, so I guess my point is moot.  I'm just saying in that 3 year run like it looked Kobe and Shaq were and would be, and it just got derailed prematurely.

Magic
Kareem
West
Wilt
Shaq

true story...

i had this argument over in general...

back then, shaq was ridiculous... put early 2000s Tmac, VC, or Paul Pierce in Kobe's spot and you get 3 chips... maybe more cuz those guys arent the personalities of Kobe...

Originally Posted by ricky409

Magic
Kareem
West
Wilt
Shaq

true story...

i had this argument over in general...

back then, shaq was ridiculous... put early 2000s Tmac, VC, or Paul Pierce in Kobe's spot and you get 3 chips... maybe more cuz those guys arent the personalities of Kobe...

laugh.gif
2002-2003 Kobe Bryant was in a completely different league than any of those guys.  Don't let numbers fool you, they weren't close to him.  Kobe very well might have been the all around best player on the planet at that point.

As the #2 on the Lakers:

Kobe Bryant 2002 NBA Finals averages (four games):
26.75 points per game

5.75 rebounds per game

5.25 assists per game

51.43 field goal percentage

43.75 minutes per game

Originally Posted by quik1987

Bottom line: Shaq GAVE Kobe his first ring.
And the Lakers wouldn't have got to the Finals for 2 and 3 if not for Kobes play?

Foolish argument because then Shaq should only get credit for 3 since Wade in '06 couldn't be breathed on without getting to the foul line.

when the Logo him self has said the Kobe is the greatest Laker he's ever seen, i'ma take his word for it.
Kareem is still better than him by default

Edit:

and ya'll act like Shaq is getting to the Finals without Kobe 
eyes.gif
 on some "b-b-b-but if Jerry West had gotten T-mac/Carter instead of Kobe...."

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Some of you guys really believe this
laugh.gif

I don't see how this isn't a plausible statement. Kobe's impact on his first ring was dwarfed by the sheer dominance of Shaq. I believe LA had a winning record in 2000 during the games that Kobe was out of the starting lineup and didn't play (regular and post season). I'm not completely discrediting Bryantbut like i mentioned his impact was minor imo

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Some of you guys really believe this
laugh.gif

I don't see how this isn't a plausible statement. Kobe's impact on his first ring was dwarfed by the sheer dominance of Shaq. I believe LA had a winning record in 2000 during the games that Kobe was out of the starting lineup and didn't play (regular and post season). I'm not completely discrediting Bryantbut like i mentioned his impact was minor imo
i agreed that is was "dwarfed" by Shaq but i don't think saying Kobe impact was minor is completely accurate

Back
Top Bottom