Mario - You Overflow

Of course I'm still on the Mario bandwagon 
laugh.gif

He gon take over...[looks at watch...looks at calendar...planetary alignments ] any moment now
roll.gif

I been sayin that !#%% for years
30t6p3b.gif

Joint fire tho
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

laugh.gif

He gon take over...[looks at watch...looks at calendar...planetary alignments ] any moment now
roll.gif

*extra long sigh*

we're still doing this?
tired.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

laugh.gif

roll.gif

*extra long sigh*

we're still doing this?
tired.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

*extra long sigh*

we're still doing this?
tired.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

watch when my dudes next album drop!! he's gone be...
tired.gif
Most likely
laugh.gif
. His better tracks or more interesting tracks always get left on the cuttin room floor.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

stop acting like mario aint the reason for nfl sales of ray lewis jerseys.

Word
laugh.gif

Stop acting like Mario aint make u tell a chick to braid you hair and u aint even have braids
roll.gif

Word
laugh.gif

Stop acting like Mario aint make u tell a chick to braid you hair and u aint even have braids
roll.gif

SON! first time i got my fro braided, i was swaggin to that song. and i can't sing for %*@%.

Word
laugh.gif

roll.gif

SON! first time i got my fro braided, i was swaggin to that song. and i can't sing for %*@%.
pimp.gif

It's always the same people in these Mario threads.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Diddy, I agree w/ everything you said in your OP.

I was JUST thinking about my dude's career the other day.  It still blows my mind that Songz is like 10 times bigger than 'rio.  I was trying to build a theory, and I couldn't think of anything really legitimate (besides Trey being "sexier").  Neither one of these dudes can really dance. *shrugs*

I swear on my mother's grave, after Go! (which I still bump to this day) came out I thought this dude was gonna lightweight have an Usher type career (the singing talent is there).

I also just gave DNA a spin last week and that #$@+ wasn't as bad as I thought it was.  The damn album art ruined it's credibility.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

The fact that he hasn't even SNIFFED his potential is one of the most frustrating things in the music industry to me.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

It still blows my mind that Songz is like 10 times bigger than 'rio.  I was trying to build a theory, and I couldn't think of anything really legitimate (besides Trey being "sexier"). 
Sex sells, Mario doesn't have that/doesn't lower himself to Trey's 'edge'.
The days of classic, meaningful R&B are pretty much dead, if you aren't talking about @*%*%!% a girl until she needs her %!+ stitched up...good luck. 

^ I have to disagree.  Mario's last 2 albums have had Parental Advisory stickers on them, while Trey has never had one...

I'm gonna need 'rio to hook up w/ Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, though.
eek.gif
nerd.gif

Mario is great at everything but he has no direction. Trey Songz grinded, u couldn't hear another person's track without a YUUUUUP on it. He cut the braids off and him and his team decided from here on out your skinny !%% is gonna be a sex symbol, lets brain storm how many different ways we can sing about sex, and that's what they did
laugh.gif

He dropped that Anticipation mixtape (album quality)
pimp.gif
  and then Ready which they kept pushing until they hit the right singles with Invented Sex and Say Ahh. He also benefited from Drake coming out at the same time. He always stayed in your ear directly or indirectly on somebody's track. You know Songz' lane; what is Mario's lane other than whatever is hot at the moment? He need's to pick a sound. Dont try to do what Songz is doing..."You're better than that."

Or maybe it's all just timing and catching the right ear....

Songz' team wont let him fail; Mario's team be leaving that *#%%% dead in the water
laugh.gif
if the initial singles dont hit.

He needs to drop a mixtape of what his sound would be if no politics were involved.

I also just gave DNA a spin last week and that #$@+ wasn't as bad as I thought it was.  The damn album art ruined it's credibility.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

The fact that he hasn't even SNIFFED his potential is one of the most frustrating things in the music industry to me.
tired.gif
I created my own album cover for that joint because that cover was so bad
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

tired.gif

I'm gonna need 'rio to hook up w/ Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, though.
eek.gif
nerd.gif
Exactly. His voice is crazy on that kind of production... Good One (Dre & Vidal), Start Over, A Call Away, Inside Of You... He needs to hook back up with Ne-Yo too.

How much longer can u chase the radio instead of just making your best music? and taking it somewhere none of your peers can except for CJ Hilton

Mario is great at everything but he has no direction. Trey Songz grinded, u couldn't hear another person's track without a YUUUUUP on it. He cut the braids off and him and his team decided from here on out your skinny !%% is gonna be a sex symbol, lets brain storm how many different ways we can sing about sex, and that's what they did
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
  and then Ready which they kept pushing until they hit the right singles with Invented Sex and Say Ahh. He also benefited from Drake coming out at the same time. He always stayed in your ear directly or indirectly on somebody's track. You know Songz' lane; what is Mario's lane other than whatever is hot at the moment? He need's to pick a sound. Dont try to do what Songz is doing..."You're better than that."

Songz > Mario

but i did like Go a lot and have listened to it a few times the last few weeks...

sadly Mario's career isn't fixable at this point, he has a better voice than 99.9% of singers but terrible management

he started his career off so promising and since "Let Me Love You" it's been all down hill and GO was a very, very good album but the last was terrible and I still don't know what the hell he was thinking with "Break Up".

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Songz' team> Mario's team

but i did like Go a lot and have listened to it a few times the last few weeks...
Slight correction. Other than that, he not seeing Mario in anything. All that other @%*@ that got nothing to do with music is up to the ladies
laugh.gif

��

"...Fab' & Rico Love on the new single 'The Walls'..."� "...expect it within the following 2 weeks..."

"...going back to more of an R&B sound..."

"...going back to being a vocalist..."

"...November or January..." [potential release date]

The melody/delivery sounds promising
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom