MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
I was gassed on Misty but that counselor in Seagate at the beginning of episode 4 was :smokin

No way in hell she'd be showing leg like that in the feds for real though :lol:

Last edited:
but i hope another season comes out before defenders. the core villains are still there and it looks like diamondback is gonna get lukes powers from evil doctor

i thought shades and alfrie woodard were gonna finally bang on the last episode but nope.

I don't get bouncing Claire from Matt to Luke like this though, relationship wise. Wasn't she making out with him in S2 of DD and now she damn near Luke's ride or die like when she met him he wasn't obviously smashing Jessica :lol:

Final ep was cheesy as **** though. From the faux Rockyesque street fight chanting his name to the speech Luke gave in the precinct.

One thing they did do better than DD or JJ is leave it open for current and more villains to show up. Like I dug Cottonmouth and wish he went out better but the sense of crime just not going away was just more realistically NYC.

While this season isn't better than the action and storytelling I love from DD I got it above JJ. Just the way they approach the black excellence of this show is just too much of a joy for me. The music, the presence of NYC and Harlem. Connected to it more than in DD when they constantly talk about "this city". The character development and story arcs were just great from Luke to the bad guys. They fleshed out everybody they needed to.

Look forward to more of this.

:lol: yo final episode felt like I was watching meteor man. I liked it overall, and I get the blaxploitation nod but man, they could tone down the cheese a bit. Props to the majority black and brown cast.

I didn't care for the finale episode...

Terrible execution for the Finale...The fight, the romance connection for Shades and Claire, the speech, the list goes on...

Did like Shades handling Candace like from The Wire 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Lots of former Son's of Anarchy guys on this show. I love the old school shaft vibe from this show.

So that motorcycle guys that were laid out in the hospital, were from the DareDevil's or Punisher's fight?

I don't get calling the part with the doctor and Claire a plot. Luke was injured and was getting healed. The rest was revealing his origin.

The doctor is introduced to leave the door open to bring in another villain(s) and important storyline that I feel will be connected to how 3 of the Defenders got their powers (who was behind those Seagate experiments, who had those chemicals being transported in the city).

To be fair DD bounced from Claire to Karen to elektra and Luke bounced to reva to random bar chick to Jessica to misty to Claire JJ bounced back and forth from Luke to the bottle so I can't fault Claire it's real life and it's most likely gonna be a point in the defenders

What are you guys even talking about?

If the genders are revered and some male character goes from show to show smashing dime pieces he would get nothing but props. :lol:
Not if he was dumping and looking like he fell in love.

Claire was on some I'm not leaving unless it's with you gf mentality :lol:

I found it weird. Luke was even like I got this. Chill.

I'm not hating, I just question the writing. If we reverse this and Luke was acting like that with Jessica I would find it just as strange and questionable. Jessica would've told his *** to leave though :lol:

Started episode 1. Just now my brother told me the strip club (sugar daddies) by his job is in the show. :wow: :lol:

jessica jones was the best show imo. they should have never killed you know who in season 1

now i dont care if they do a season 2

cant wait for season 2 of luke cage and punisher

It wasn't funny but I laughed when Cottonmouth pulled the GTA level rocket launcher out :lol:

Last edited:
Just finished ep 1, finally.

I couldn't get going on it for some reason.
Hope it eases up from here on.

Finished last night and this is my favorite Marvel Netflix original series. The fact that every episode title was named after a Gang Starr song was just too ill. Did anyone notice there was a quote from each song worked into the dialogue as well? If you're a head, this series definitely spoke to you on a certain level.

Does Netflix have any other (new characters) shows planned or are we getting the second season of Jessica Jones next?

*weebay*

Pretty sure the Iron fist easter egg was at the end when Rosario sees the martial arts class sign and pulls the contact info.
[emoji]128064[/emoji]

*weebay*

I love Claire's role, really bring things down to earth when she's around.

word

The show runs out of steam, just like DD ran out of steam and JJ ran out of steam.

The world of Harlem that Luke cage creates is interesting enough to distract from that though.

- Diamondback is wack.
- climactic fight was wack.
- the plot with the scientist and Claire was semi wack.

Marvel and Netflix needs either cut the season length down or give writers more time to generate higher quality plot.

the fighting is weak i get it. he takes out people by slapping them upside the head. but he is a b grade superman what do you expect lol. the last fight was w.e. he might be black as hell but he ain't wesley snipes. he doesn't know martial arts, just world star style. maybe the show might've been a hour or 2 longer than it needed to be. but i hear where you're coming from. thought it was solid but DD > *

Honestly, this isn't a show you watch for the fighting. It's everything else it brings to the table that lifts it up. Jessica Jones was honestly the same way. Daredevil's the only one of the 3 that consistently gave you good action through fighting and that's because he's a guy who only has martial arts to get him through his fights. He then doesn't even have enhanced physical abilities akin to Captain America. His punches aren't any stronger than a normal dudes, hence him having to put in so much effort to keep people down. But that works in the long run, because it allows them to do far more with his fight scenes. Whereas you've got Luke Cage just slapping people across the head and knocking them out :lol: And I agree, final episode was weak in general, but that fight with Diamondback was just plain terrible.

To be fair DD bounced from Claire to Karen to elektra and Luke bounced to reva to random bar chick to Jessica to misty to Claire JJ bounced back and forth from Luke to the bottle so I can't fault Claire it's real life and it's most likely gonna be a point in the defenders

Son took the biggest L of his career so far when he did this foolishness :smh: Thank God Elektra came in and put an end to that for the rest of the season.

I did think that them pairing Luke and Claire together at all was kind of unnecessary though.

Last edited:
This project was dope ... 

Gang Starr titles

The lemonade reference 

Wu - Tang references , and the music overall 

Being black, being from NY, the show was definitely speaking to me 

w/ that being said ... the first half > second half 

Diamondback was so wack to me ... 

Misty, Reva, Inspector Priscilla, shorty that kept going to the barber shop to get at Luke for coffee, Claire ... all fine ... 

Cottonmouth was the strength of the series ... 

DD1>

Luke Cage>

DD2>

Jessica Jones 

Daredevil>Luke Cage>Jessica Jones

Haven't seen Agents of Shield, but with people telling me that it doesn't get good until the end of the first season, it's probably worse than Jessica Jones.

Last edited:
JJ was better than DD season 2 tho
the mind control was cool but Jessica herself was not interesting ... they didn't explain her story well enough for me to understand why she i should care about her ... 

one time i see her jump high, then i see she is strong ... but i still came away from the series thinking ... what can she do?, what is the extent of her powers? 

And how she was able to take out my dude at the end w/ the earplugs ... that whole set up was terrible to me ... i just never enjoyed the show but i watched it for continuity purposes 

*weebay*
*weebay*
word
the fighting is weak i get it. he takes out people by slapping them upside the head. but he is a b grade superman what do you expect lol. the last fight was w.e. he might be black as hell but he ain't wesley snipes. he doesn't know martial arts, just world star style. maybe the show might've been a hour or 2 longer than it needed to be. but i hear where you're coming from. thought it was solid but DD > *

The filmaking in those action sequences was boring in general. Not bad, just boring.

the final fight was wack not because of just the fighting,

but diamondback was souch a corny, and uninteresting villain, with weak motivation, the suit he was fighting in looked low budget and the chanting was super corny.

JJ was better than DD season 2 tho

Totally agree, JJ lost a little steam towards final 3rd. but the final episode was excellent.

DD s2 just became slog after a while. I feel like DD punched 56,4534 Ninjas, and the Black Sky stuff was just nonsense. poorly set up.

imo

JJ> DD S1> Luke Cage>> DD S2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom