MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
what was so good about Jessica Jones ... i still don't get it ... The villain was excellent but Jessica Jones herself was not compelling ... 

i get it that i'm in the minority though 

DD2 was saved by the Punisher .... otherwise i agree that it tailed off significantly .... as a whole though DD is better than the other 2 series ... 

Personally I really don't like the punisher anymore, I just feel like it's hard for me to take in 2016.

An armed ex military lunatic white guy executing criminals without due process?

And I'm supposed to be cool with this in 2016 with everything that's going on?

In a comic book it's easier to take because it's easier to suspend your disbelif on the page, but when it's in a world that seems plausibly real just can't take the punisher.

Last edited:
Yeah....I'm struggling to get through JJ. At this point I'm forcing myself to watch it. Hopefully it gets better or something. I wanna move on to Luke Cage .

JJ was better than DD season 2 tho

the mind control was cool but Jessica herself was not interesting ... they didn't explain her story well enough for me to understand why she i should care about her ... 

one time i see her jump high, then i see she is strong ... but i still came away from the series thinking ... what can she do?, what is the extent of her powers? 

And how she was able to take out my dude at the end w/ the earplugs ... that whole set up was terrible to me ... i just never enjoyed the show but i watched it for continuity purposes 
Doesn't seem like you paid attention to that stuff :lol: but maybe that's cuz you didn't like the show early on.
Daredevil>Luke Cage>Jessica Jones

Haven't seen Agents of Shield, but with people telling me that it doesn't get good until the end of the first season, it's probably worse than Jessica Jones.
Everything Marvel Netflix is better than AoS.

Granted I have some the Netflix series ranked above some MCU movies but I know that's unfair due to 13 hrs vs. 2 hrs.

Personally I really don't like the punisher anymore, I just feel like it's hard for me to take in 2016.

An armed ex military lunatic white guy executing criminals without due process?

And I'm supposed to be cool with this in 2016 with everything that's going on?

In a comic book it's easier to take because it's easier to suspend your disbelif on the page, but when it's in a world that seems plausibly real just can't take the punisher.
I don't get this limitation.

People love the Punisher for the same reason Dexter became a success.

Anti-hero type characters who take the law in to their own hands doling out punishment/seeking justice when law enforcement can not will be something the masses will always gravitate towards to.

Killing rapists and murderers without due process (Really b? You thinking about due process? :lol: Nobody gives a **** about that when it comes to fictional entertainment :lol: ) in 2016. Doesn't matter if its in a world that is plausibly real. In fact, that'll make it more entertaining and engaging.

Misty's character arc had meta commentary on this topic throughout the season, specifically when she talking with Scarfe about it.

Last edited:
If I had to rank it...

It'd probably be Daredevil season 2 9.5
Daredevil season one 9
Luke Cage 8.9
JJ 8

If I had to rank the marvel netflix villains

It'd be Kilgrave 10
Cottonmouth 9
Kingpin 8.5
Mariah 8

If I had to rate different parts of the Luke Cage, it'd be

Premiere 9.5
Acting 9.5
Story 8
Finale 6
Action 6
Hero 9
Music 9

Last edited:
:x method man's bars in eps 12.
tumblr_na4qmz0tnR1tvlsaeo1_500.gif

i wish the fight scenes were more epic, but that just wouldn't make any damn sense. this show has A LOT more comedy than JJ and DD. they did an excellent job with casting diversity, strong black/female characters, and especially the soundtrack.

i hate marvel's refusal to say F***. i mean you got sex, and gore. its rated R already. keep it real i say. but i give mad props to marvel for putting out such a black show. its 2016 but ain't **** change for hollywood. not much at least...word to ghost in the shell scarJo.

ok time to wrap up eps 12 and 13...

I agree dope so far.

Doesn't seem like you paid attention to that stuff :lol: but maybe that's cuz you didn't like the show early on.

Granted I have some the Netflix series ranked above some MCU movies but I know that's unfair due to 13 hrs vs. 2 hrs.

Anti-hero type characters who take the law in to their own hands doling out punishment/seeking justice when law enforcement can not will be something the masses will always gravitate towards to.

Killing rapists and murderers without due process (Really b? You thinking about due process? :lol: Nobody gives a **** about that when it comes to fictional entertainment :lol: ) in 2016. Doesn't matter if its in a world that is plausibly real. In fact, that'll make it more entertaining and engaging.

Misty's character arc had meta commentary on this topic throughout the season, specifically when she talking with Scarce about it.

its a taste thing.

for me its the punisher concept i can understand in 70s new york crime context. and when i read old punisher comics i cam transport my brain there and roll with the concept.

modern punisher its hard for me to take as a anti hero, we got mass shootings and black people getting killed by the police. I can't help it if that stuff seeps into the way I look at the punisher,

punisher just seems like a white power fantasy and it rubs me the wrong way.:x

I only like the modern punisher in comics when he's played as a psychopath with few reeming qualities like in warren ellis stuff.

when i was a kid i loved the punisher, had a bunch of 80's punisher comics i read over and over, but ad an adult i just can't get with it. :smh:

Last edited:
As for the 3 series and seasons; DD S1 > Luke Cage S1 > JJ S1 > DD S2.

There are things I just love about DD S2 but the main stories just wasn't on point like S1.

I really liked JJ, specifically for her, Kilgrave, and Luke's intro but that Simpson subplot purred me off. It wasn't good.

I'll need to give it breathing room not to be trapped in the moment but I just love the overall feel and presentation of Luke Cage. So I can look past the cheesiness, the fight scenes (which aren't that bad, I get he has no equal strength wise on average. They just need to get creative with future opponents), the preachiness (which I did not mind until the final ep). To me if he wasn't straight up called the black Captain America during the series I'd be wondering what would be the main complaint. To me Cap has never inspired me, gave some meaningful speech, etc. so what the show and Luke Cage is about message wise especially focusing on black culture and speaking to the black community doesn't parallel anything Steve Rogers has ever said in regards to American society or patriotism. Also I see some didn't like Diamondback but to me his motives were clear and Purnsley was as compelling as ever except again with that final ep. He was just a different bad guy from Cottonmouth. More unhinged and ruthless but way more connected.

Cage just had the most impressive character development of any of the 3 shows. Fleshed out villains and supporting characters the best. Then it did well with the main plot.

JJ has it with its style and story. It was just way more story driven. Jessica's struggle, the conflict with Kilgrave, then him as a villain. It had back story so it brought more depth to it than Kingpin vs. DD imo.

DD is obviously hitting on several levels. The story, action, character development, etc. That's why overall it's the best show to me.

Last edited:
^ :wow: :rofl:

Kilgrave is the best villain for me out of the Netflix villains.

Fisk is good too, he always look like he's short breath when talking though.

Cottonmouth is all talk, can't take that guy seriously. He was struggling all the time :lol:

Last edited:

Misty's character arc had meta commentary on this topic throughout the season, specifically when she talking with Scarce about it.

its a taste thing.

for me its the punisher concept i can understand in 70s new york crime context. and when i read old punisher comics i cam transport my brain there and roll with the concept.

modern punisher its hard for me to take as a anti hero, we got mass shootings and black people getting killed by the police. I can't help it if that stuff seeps into the way I look at the punisher,

punisher just seems like a white power fantasy and it rubs me the wrong way.:x

I only like the modern punisher in comics when he's played as a psychopath with few reeming qualities like in warren ellis stuff.

when i was a kid i loved the punisher, had a bunch of 80's punisher comics i read over and over, but ad an adult i just can't get with it. :smh:
Don't know what to say here then. I can separate the real world issues regarding violence and Punisher stories.

More importantly, I see no correlation and can easily tell a part mass shootings, terrorist attacks, police killing/shooting young black men, police corruption, etc. and the idea/concept of a white dude waging a one man war on crime, setting out to specifically kill criminals.

The white power fantasy may just insidiously be about mowing down black ppl but I can't then just group Frank in with that cuz you know I'm aware of details, whether he's being written as psychopath or not (although to me Frank's no more psychotic than Batman given the various ways both have been written).

Frank written where his origin is kept in mind doesn't seem to me like he's written with redeeming qualities. He's not sympathetic or funny. Outside of ppl who wholeheartedly believe in killing certain criminals without due process and are that okay with taking a human life I dunno who is writing him like he's a regular person.

Last edited:
So, :rofl: lol if he can't watch a show/movie and not get jealous of his GF swooning another man/woman.

We're all sexual people, we want what turns us on. Don't get a GF or get married if you can't handle that.
Acting on it, that I can see being upsetting but...dialogue has to be true, so I can't shut my woman off if she mm's some dude, I'm going to take her in private immediately and try and break her back though if she MM's anybody in front of me, I don't care if we're at Church, the mall or at home, Straight up

Last edited:
If we're talking villains then it's close between Kingpin and Kilgrave, with Fisk probably taking the edge. Action? Daredevil obviously. I don't expect either fo the other two shows to ever challenge that. Iron Fist should bring something to the table though. Luke Cage takes it with the supporting cast, with DD coming in second.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom