MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
It felt like they short changed Mahershala Ali's 'Cottonmouth'. He was easily the most compelling antagonist to Luke Cage. He was more complex as a character with a code (and rather simple goals), I could almost sympathize for him. Ali also had way more presence than the later villains, too. Mariah and Diamondback seemed so irrational and emotional that I didn't care for them at all. The whole Cain/Abel thing didn't do anything for me. 

I feel like they'd have a better villain if they had just made the Cottonmouth character embody both Cornell Stokes's story and have Diamondback's power. 

It felt like a lazy video game when the most interesting boss gets killed off early and then you fight these more powerful, yet boring bosses toward the end. Almost like it peaked too early. 

Overall, I really liked the show because of Luke's character, the strong themes, and the impeccable sound track. I'm looking forward to what comes next for Luke Cage. 

Diamondback was ok. Y'all overreacting. Cottonmouth was cool. Not this compelling villain ya'll want him to be. Bruh is a b grade Fisk with a love for music

Last edited:
Diamondback was ok. Y'all overreacting. Cottonmouth was cool. Not this compelling villain ya'll want him to be. Bruh is a b grade Fisk with a love for music
I wouldn't say overreacting. Most opinions are coming from comparisons between Stokes and Diamondback. Diamondback is washed compared to Cottonmouth.

I wouldn't say overreacting. Most opinions are coming from comparisons between Stokes and Diamondback. Diamondback is washed compared to Cottonmouth.

This. Not like we putting Cottonmouth in Kilgrave's league or something lol

Just the drop off in Luke Cage villains after Cottonmouth is steep.

Last edited:

This. Not like we putting Cottonmouth in Kilgrave's league or something lol

Just the drop off in Luke Cage villains after Cottonmouth is steep.

Exactly. There's no overreacting. Cottonmouth is just a better villain than Diamondback. Plain and simple.

I just don't understand. They wasted so much development in Cottonmouth.

His interactions with his cousin.

The flashbacks of how he grew up.

How they showed he had a code.

His relationship with Pop.

The contrasting eulogies between Luke and Cottonmouth.

Then they threw it away for a chick who acted like she was dazed all the time and a villain who was super campy and about as three dimensional as a villain in a twenty year old Disney cartoon.

I think Diamondback had exactly one flashback in the whole show. The origin of how he became a villain was mostly rushed and told through Luke's explanation to Claire. It was all just really wack lol

Last edited:
Cottonmouth was a good villain but he wasn't that better than the rest.

Strip everything down at best he had the most charisma and that's due to acting and some writing. Intimidation, being an actual threat, intelligence, etc. goes to others.

Last edited:
Yeah his charisma is what's most interesting. But bruh literally did nothing outside of killing the three who took his money. He would have never reached Diamondbacks level. Bruh killee the heads of like three different organizations. Diamondback was clearly meant to return so I don't mind the lack of development. And i didn't expect for him and Cage to brawl for long so i didn't the finale.

Also, is Luke gonna get some edge? Bruh seems like a teddy bear.

Last edited:
Didn't think of that. I wouldn't use him because he's a crazy crime boss who will kill a few dozen people. He's too dangerous to give those powers to.

I wish the doctor was working on Cottonmouth instead of Diamondback. :lol:

The doctor didn't seem like an evil guy so I dunno why he chose that psycho to do the experiment on. :smh:

He's not evil. But he is clearly interested in seeing his experiment through to the end above all else, even if that means using someone like Diamondback to see it done.

I agree with most of yall. Diamondback just didn't cut it for me. He was just a villain for the sake of being a villain. The back-story with him and Luke didn't work for me. Cottonmouth's charisma is what won him over for me. While not as physically imposing as Kingpin, his intimidation factor came from his control of Harlem. I'm still holding out hope that they revive Cottonmouth somehow ( like they did for Elektra ) and grant him super strength. Hopefully based on the negative reception to DB it'll convince the writers to do so. 

Didn't think of that. I wouldn't use him because he's a crazy crime boss who will kill a few dozen people. He's too dangerous to give those powers to.

No different than what he was doing in Seagate prison

I wish the doctor was working on Cottonmouth instead of Diamondback. :lol:

The doctor didn't seem like an evil guy so I dunno why he chose that psycho to do the experiment on. :smh:

He's not evil. But he is clearly interested in seeing his experiment through to the end above all else, even if that means using someone like Diamondback to see it done.
Yeah. He just wants to see if he can duplicate Cage's results and improve upon them.

I'm sure once he's successful he'll send DB out there to get his revenge why he works on making an army of guys with those powers to sell as an army so he can get more money to work on making immortal ppl like he theorized.

I doubt he gets that far though. DB probably kills him after he gets his powers.

As far as villains, there's plenty more for Luke to face that'll be more threatening that will have the abilities and swag to match. Plus the really good actors to play them.

Last edited:
I hope he sends Diamondback out stronger only to get washed in the first episode like Frieza. Black Nancy Grace was still cool to me.

Last edited:
Marvel Officially Announces 5 New Cast Members For Netflix's THE PUNISHER

Daniel Webber (“11.22.63”) has been cast as Lewis Walcott, a young veteran who has had a difficult time re-assimilating into Civilian Society.

Jason R. Moore (“A Lonely Place for Dying”) joins as Curtis Hoyle, a friend of Frank Castle’s and one of the few people who knows he is alive.

Paul Schulze (“Nurse Jackie”) will play Rawlins, a high-ranking member of the CIA whose operations in Afghanistan intersect with Frank Castle.

Jaime Ray Newman (“Bates Motel”) plays Sarah Lieberman, Micro’s wife (played by Ebon Moss-Bachrach) whose marriage has made her life far more complicated.

Michael Nathanson (“The Knick,” “Wolf of Wall Street”) has been cast as Sam Stein, a Homeland agent who is challenged by his partnership with Dinah (Amber Rose Revah).

Last edited:
Finally finished Luke Cage last night after being on the last episode for about 2 weeks :lol:

I loved this series for everything it did in embodying black culture. Of course the usual gripes of Cottonmouth being killed to early, and Theo Rossi's acting being hard to watch but beyond that I was literally blown away. Best acting from a television cast I've seen in a while. Everyone seemed so invested in the product that Marvel and Cheo Hadari Coker had presented. This was the most quality television product Marvel has made thus far. Better than both seasons of DD and S1 of JJ.

The last episode had some really great acting as well. Alfred Woodard flipping the script in the interrogation room was hilarious and so boss at the same time. My bae Simone Missick getting her Emmy nomination on when they killed Candace (which shocked me :wow: :wow:) and the conviction that Mike Colter gave that speech with when talking about pops was powerful. All of which still had the presence of Mahershala Ali's swag still dripping all over the show 6 episodes after he got killed off.

Thank you Marvel.

Back
Top Bottom