MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Finally finished Luke Cage last night after being on the last episode for about 2 weeks :lol:

I loved this series for everything it did in embodying black culture. Of course the usual gripes of Cottonmouth being killed to early, and Theo Rossi's acting being hard to watch but beyond that I was literally blown away. Best acting from a television cast I've seen in a while. Everyone seemed so invested in the product that Marvel and Cheo Hadari Coker had presented. This was the most quality television product Marvel has made thus far. Better than both seasons of DD and S1 of JJ.

The last episode had some really great acting as well. Alfred Woodard flipping the script in the interrogation room was hilarious and so boss at the same time. My bae Simone Missick getting her Emmy nomination on when they killed Candace (which shocked me :wow: :wow:) and the conviction that Mike Colter gave that speech with when talking about pops was powerful. All of which still had the presence of Mahershala Ali's swag still dripping all over the show 6 episodes after he got killed off.

Thank you Marvel.
When we agree, we agree :smokin

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I agree it lost some luster, didn't help that he kept saying Caaaaaaaaaaaaarl like Rick Grimes. 

:lol: "Carrrrrl" yeah that was hilarious, the actor was also in Boardwalk Empire and his character on there "Don Pursley" always had me dying.

The goofy acting from a few characters could've been taken out and made the show better.

Luke Cage is trash. Just in she'd Ep. 1 and 2.

Writing is terrible and cringey at times. Dudes weren't even fully up the steps and Luke starts screaming...And somehow they didnt hear. OK.

The fakest punch noises when cotton mouth beat dude to death (My first reaction was hmmm...looks awfully a lot like the wire when Chris killed michaels dad...except way less realistic)

AFTER the "man...you Harlem ***** is out of control" I was done. Really? coincidentally it was just like "man you Baltimore **** is out of control" when stringer put the hit on D'angelo in the car scene.

That and "man...I cannot work for you...but I will protect you". CRinge.

Last...dude wouldn't smash the MILF but fell in love at he club? REally?

"THE get down" was epic. THIS....Meh. I just don't see it.

Maybe I'm the only one.

Writing is terrible and cringey at times. Dudes weren't even fully up the steps and Luke starts screaming...And somehow they didnt hear. OK.

The fakest punch noises when cotton mouth beat dude to death (My first reaction was hmmm...looks awfully a lot like the wire when Chris killed michaels dad...except way less realistic)

AFTER the "man...you Harlem ***** is out of control" I was done. Really? coincidentally it was just like "man you Baltimore **** is out of control" when stringer put the hit on D'angelo in the car scene.

Maybe I'm the only one.

When we agree, we agree :smokin

giphy.gif

Arch enemies or NT's Siskel and Ebert :nerd: :lol: :nthat:

Maybe I'm the only one.

:stoneface:

Last edited:

Maybe I'm the only one.
Ignoring the dumb **** in this post, the reaching to say the show was copying The Wire - which is still dumb **** mind you - is especially pathetic.

This ain't trying to be The Wire in any shape or form :lol:

Maybe I'm the only one.
Ignoring the dumb **** in this post, the reaching to say the show was copying The Wire - which is still dumb **** mind you - is especially pathetic.

This ain't trying to be The Wire in any shape or form :lol:
Never said it was trying to be The Wire.

Never said it copied.

I said "coincidentally".

Less saltiness, more competence. You're really fired up because I have a different opinion? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

View media item 2214168
This is why people need to learn to read.

Last edited:
Never said it was trying to be The Wire.

Never said it copied.

I said "coincidentally".

Less saltiness, more competence. You're really fired up because I have a different opinion? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

View media item 2214168
This is why people need to learn to read.

As a fellow brother from the BX I am didappointed in you b.

My dude is writing off Luke Cage because of fake punching noises :rofl:
Or because the show is not good. One of the two I'd assume.
Show was terrible though, hardest watch for me in ages. I immediately felt relieved when it was over. That feeling you used to get in Highschool when you finished a semester ending essay or just knocked out the cliff notes to To Kill a Mockingbird the day before the Test on it, that's the feeling I got. That feeling was the high point of the Series for me.

It was struggle, for me.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with not liking it, it ain't for everyone, but punch noises? and does the wire got the copyright on gangsta activity? what the hell.

Last edited:
luke should only say "sweet christmas" when he's about to shoot up the club of Misty or rosario.

Or because the show is not good. One of the two I'd assume.
Show was terrible though, hardest watch for me in ages. I immediately felt relieved when it was over. That feeling you used to get in Highschool when you finished a semester ending essay or just knocked out the cliff notes to To Kill a Mockingbird the day before the Test on it, that's the feeling I got. That feeling was the high point of the Series for me.

It was struggle, for me.

Back
Top Bottom