Matt Barnes attacks Derek Fisher for dating his estranged wife Vol. WHOA

Seems DC's new trolling tactic is to imitate Ksteezy :smh:
No. It'll only be because he's a bad coach who really should've never got a head coaching job to begin with. Straight up special circumstances that he landed the Knicks gig.

If he gets an assistant job and works his way up the ranks the right way don't be surprised if he does get another head coaching job though.

Man, If Kurt Rambis can get multiple chances as a head coach...anything can happen.

I'm saying this Matt Barnes incident doesn't bode well for D-fish and a future "locker room". What he's doing is frowned upon.

No. It'll only be because he's a bad coach who really should've never got a head coaching job to begin with. Straight up special circumstances that he landed the Knicks gig.

If he gets an assistant job and works his way up the ranks the right way don't be surprised if he does get another head coaching job though.

Man, If Kurt Rambis can get multiple chances as a head coach...anything can happen.

I'm saying this Matt Barnes incident doesn't bode well for D-fish and a future "locker room". What he's doing is frowned upon.

Yall dont know that.

Mark Jackson cant get a job either, was he smashing Ayesha?

I think with Derek Fisher's "extra curricular" activities and Mark Jackson's inability to get along with a front office can discourage teams to consider them as future candidates.

Mark Jackson was a little too old school with running ISOs for players like Jermaine Oneal and letting the team play 'free'. He sort of reminds of Mike Singletary. Had no idea how to coach a team, but was a great motivator lol

alg-mark-jackson-knicks-jpg.jpg

momma dere goes that man.

too much subliminals.in here.

Yall dont know that.

Mark Jackson cant get a job either, was he smashing Ayesha?

There's a number of reasons some coaches don't have a job. I'm speaking specifically on Fish though.

And Marc Jackson can get a job...but he's not coaching any team that's doesn't have 50 win potential.

Imagine Mark Jackson being one year away from a chip....only to end up coaching the Sixers...:lol:. Naw man. He's going to cherry pick a job.

Agree with Waves. Any GM would be a fool to hire that dude due to his off court antics.

As a coach, you shouldn't even be dabbling in the same dating pool as the players. You have to separate yourself from them professionally and personally.

Too much negative press but wilder things have happened, so I won't say never.

What do you mean when you say "what he's doing"?

That he continues to be with Gloria or the rumor part where you believe he's smashing all of his former teammates and even player's women? :lol:

Cuz I'm pretty sure the former won't play a factor. Obviously it'll be different if it's the latter :lol:

Last edited:

That he continues to be with Gloria or the rumor part where you believe he's smashing all of his former teammates and even player's women? :lol:

Cuz I'm pretty sure the former won't play a factor. Obviously it'll be different if it's the latter :lol:

Both.

That rumor can only exist because he's smashing Matt Barnes, a former teammates ex-wife and mother of his children.

Franchises don't want their names attached to nonsense like that Fish and Barnes situation. You are trippin if you think something like that wouldn't be taken into consideration and/or a factor as to why Fisher wouldn't get hired.

It makes the franchise look like a joke

fisher will get another look. all he has to do is convince one organization to give him a gig
it's not like he was burning bridges everywhere he went and crossing ppl
not like he beat his wife, or committed a murder. nobody is gonna be protesting or calling front office for his head

Last edited:

Both.

That rumor can only exist because he's smashing Matt Barnes, a former teammates ex-wife and mother of his children.
Yeah, I only think possibly smashing his player's women matters which apparently isn't even true anyway.

I'm pretty sure smashing Gloria isn't keeping Fish from getting an assistant job. Just wait until he collects the majority of this Knicks money and don't be surprised if some coach that likes him gives him a chance.

If Fish wants to continue being a coach I don't think smashing Gloria is holding him back. More than anything it's his bad coaching imo and lack of improvement. I'd be more shocked if he got a head coaching job right away though :lol:

Last edited:
If he does a good job elsewhere, he'll get another head coaching shot.

Aside from this, Fisher has had a clean track record his entire career while Matt Barnes has had a well documented history of being an unstable, reckless hothead with multiple suspensions, a history of domestic violence, and as his conduct showed the other day, a difficulty controlling his anger.

The incident from a few months back reflects more poorly on Matt Barnes than it does Derek Fisher and it is just lumped in as another incident where Matt Barnes inability to control his anger further escalated the situation.

That "I was concerned for my kids" bs is a joke. I doubt the kids will look fondly on his past domestic violence history and his cheating on their mother when they get older.

You can try to make a case to say Fish was wrong for banging an acquaintances ex wife. But he recently got divorced, Gloria isn't with Matt anymore so there isn't any type of affair here.

Fisher getting or not getting another head coaching job will have everything to do with his abilities as a coach, not because of this.

r.

The incident from a few months back reflects more poorly on Matt Barnes than it does Derek Fisher and it is just lumped in as another incident where Matt Barnes inability to control his anger further escalated the situation.
You serious? 
laugh.gif

Why can't they both be viewed as fools?

Of course Barnes has always been emotional, that is beside the point.

But again, you dudes SEVERELY underestimate the idea of a franchise being viewed negatively in the media. The Knicks were already a joke franchise, you have to acknowledge that the FISHER / Barnes situation made the team look even more foolish.

Why yall think that WON'T be taken into consideration whenever he interviews or is up for a position is beyond me. It will come up during the hiring process for sure.

Yall are being super nieve man

Fisher wasn't the first head coach involved in embarassing off the court matters and he won't be the last.

One of the Detroit Lions defensive coaches in 2006 got a dui. A few weeks later he got arrested for going to a Wendy's drive thru butt naked. He didn't get fired for either incident and only got fired because he was on the coaching staff when they went 0-16. He resurfaced at a college job and is currently a defensive coach for the Ravens.

It's former players with spotty track records who made their way into coaching. Fisher didn't do anything illegal nor anything so horrific that him being hired might affect revenue (Think ray rice situation) If he does a quality job when he lands an assistant gig, teams will look at the job he does in that position. If he excels, he'll land another job, if he sucks, he'll be a career assistant at best.

When the smoke clears, this will be viewed as an isolated incident for Fisher which was escalated by a NBA player with recurring behavior and discipline issues.

It may be. But unless he gets into another incident, I don't think it will have too much impact on swaying a team to be honest.

It may be. But unless he gets into another incident, I don't think it will have too much impact on swaying a team to be honest.
Depends on the team that is considering hiring him honestly. If it is an owner that is a stickler for things like that, maybe that would be enough not to even entertain him as a candidate.

It is all about culture man. Most of these teams are looking to build chemistry because they see that is what it takes to win (along with talent). That is an instant credibility killer, your coach believes he is in the same dating pool as the players of the league.

I just think yall are dismissing this as if this is nothing. A dui can't compare to this man.

But we can agree to disagree

An actual crime cant compare dating a jumpoff. Cmon son
SURE it can when "dating a jumpoff" crosses all lines of man-code in the locker-room.

We aren't judging the severity of the crimes in a court of law, we are comparing them when it comes to a team building perspective.

What Fisher dude is FAR worse than anybody getting a damn DUI, in ^ those terms

Chemistry is everything.

If he did that to Barnes, why would ANY player in the NBA think he wouldn't do that to them?

Not understanding why that concept is so hard to grasp 

Fisher is 41, Barnes is 36. If anything, maybe owners should be more reluctant in hiring coaches that aren't much older then the players.

We can agree to disagree on this one but maybe Barnes felt him and Fisher were tighter then they really were. They had no relationship prior to Barnes signing with the Lakers, and were only teammates for a year and a half. I'm curious though as to if it would've have been a problem had the fwo never been teammates.

But if we're talking breaking the code, the situation with Colin Kaepernick and Aldon Smith is one you can make the argument for. Kap started messing with Aldons ex when the two were teammates. That right there can disrupt a locker room.

But if we're talking breaking the code, the situation with Colin Kaepernick and Aldon Smith is one you can make the argument for. Kap started messing with Aldons ex when the two were teammates. That right there can disrupt a locker room.
Yea, that is disgusting man. That is how folks get killed man

Back
Top Bottom