"Mayweather V. Cotto" *Official Thread* Who Are You Going For?

Heads up, HBO is going to replay PBF/Chico & Cotto/Mosley tonight. Cotto/Mosley
30t6p3b.gif
that was probably the last big fight between TR and GBP fighters. Most of these Manny fanboys don't even know he's a major reason for all this beef between them.

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan1

This tim guy should be banned from boxing threads. wow. I can't believe he types and probably believes some of the things he said here.

So are you refuting his claims that Floyd has an unimpressive resume? While he does go straight for the jugular and the Floyd groupies get completely bent; he isn't off with his claims. While I don't agree with everything Tim says; I do agree that Floyd has never fought an opponent that was considered a threat in their prime.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Heads up, HBO is going to replay PBF/Chico & Cotto/Mosley tonight. Cotto/Mosley
30t6p3b.gif
that was probably the last big fight between TR and GBP fighters. Most of these Manny fanboys don't even know he's a major reason for all this beef between them.

That was probably the last "BIG" year for boxing.

- Floyd
- Cotto/ Zab/Mosley
- Pavlik/Taylor
- Kessler/Calslappy
- Williams/Margarito
- Katsidis/Earl
eek.gif

- Vazquez/Marquez

Nobody ever gives Floyd credit for the Hatton fight. Dude was undefeated, in his prime and had arguably the loudest fans in attendance. Too bad his weight/drugs ended his career.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

This tim guy should be banned from boxing threads. wow. I can't believe he types and probably believes some of the things he said here.

So are you refuting his claims that Floyd has an unimpressive resume? While he does go straight for the jugular and the Floyd groupies get completely bent; he isn't off with his claims. While I don't agree with everything Tim says; I do agree that Floyd has never fought an opponent that was considered a threat in their prime.

I'm not in either camp but they are both guilty of this.  They both have impressive resumes but lacking in some areas.  Floyd definitely did duck some prime welterweights.  That has always upset me because he could have easily mopped the floor with ANY of them.  Margarito, Cotto, you name it.  What he did with Shane confirmed that for me.

Manny deserves a ton of credit for his accolades but let's not all act like he wasn't cherry picking on the way up the scales and using that dog *@!% catch weight excuse to drain people.  He gets dumped on (and rightfully so) for every fight between JMM2 and the Cotto fight.

Five %!+*%%# times. At 130, where Corrales was a %!+*%%# MONSTER knocking dudes out. His power was severe at 130. Then again, I don't expect these dopes to know that.
It could also be argued that Corrales drained himself trying to make weight at 130 cosidering he was damn near 6 feet tall and it was widely known he walked around near 160 lbs. But people who have never stepped foot in a ring and have no idea what it feels like to lose 30lbs in 5 weeks and dehydrate yourself to make weight know everything.At that time I also think Corrales was having issues with his wife and he had a domestic abuse charge filled against him.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

I'm not in either camp but they are both guilty of this.  They both have impressive resumes but lacking in some areas.  Floyd definitely did duck some prime welterweights.  That has always upset me because he could have easily mopped the floor with ANY of them.  Margarito, Cotto, you name it.  What he did with Shane confirmed that for me.

Manny deserves a ton of credit for his accolades but let's not all act like he wasn't cherry picking on the way up the scales and using that dog *@!% catch weight excuse to drain people.  He gets dumped on (and rightfully so) for every fight between JMM2 and the Cotto fight.

This. I'm a Money May fan but this argument has always been silly to me considering they've fought many of the same people, plus the whole catch weight thing.

Yea it could be argued if there was even a whisper of it before or after the fight but he never stated that he was drained, he's 5'10 and super featherweight was his natural weight. He never showed signs, never said anything to the matter and we'll truly never know because he did his four year stint right after. I'll give you the argument with his wife but that doesn't take away how much of a monster he was and how foolish PBF made him look. His best performance to me. And dude, that argument is crazy I used to fight
laugh.gif
but that should never come up. It doesn't matter if anyone in here fought or hasn't fought that doesn't make you a genius on the subject matter. That's a horrid crutch to use for an argument.

Why does every Floyd supporter bring up Manny when someone critiques Mayweather and the person doesn't even mention Manny? I have seen it often on this board and in this topic. I didn't bring up Manny at all and honestly it seems like people are extreme when it comes to both fighters. I don't understand the division at all. If you're a fan of fighting you would know both Manny & Floyd are two of the greatest fighters ever and should appreciate that. It's like you are either riding with Floyd or Manny and there's no in between.

Oh I didn't bring him up in response to you bud, just from Tim's comments about it. It's a split that'll always be there, it happens in every era or whenever there are two stud fighters in one division. And there's a huge racial divide too, as much as people dance around it. Im a fan of both of em that's why I try and dish out criticism to both. They both derserve all the accolades but all of the criticism as well.

money may is a great talent but at some point you have to be a fan of boxing first and not just a groupie of a single fighter. may hasnt fought one single person in their prime that was worthy of anything. what ever happened to the days where a sugar ray had to actually beat a marvin hagler or the hit man and mr no mas 
laugh.gif
 that to me is a great fighter who can sit down with boxing greats and say hey look who i beat in their prime. and i dont wanna hear the roy jones excuses of there was just simply no talent around him to fight 
indifferent.gif
 if you're gonna call yourself the pound for pound best boxer in the world your resume should speak for itself and his simply does not.

Ok and Manny has cherry picked his way up the scales and has been killing fighters into catch weights. How is that not a bad thing as well? Like I said, they both have faults and they're both stupid and stubborn when it has come to this negotiation for a fight. As big a troll as you are you have to at lead agree to that.

what im saying has nothing to do with manny. all im saying is that may nor manny are the pound for pound best boxers. but i do give manny an edge over may just on the class of fighters he has beat.

Yea but how much does that hold when he's beaten fighters all past their prime and struggled against the one guy who is on the edge of his? Especially dragging dudes down from their natural weights?

And if neither of them is #1 who is? Don't tell me Sergio.

Yea but how much does that hold when he's beaten fighters all past their prime and struggled against the one guy who is on the edge of his? Especially dragging dudes down from their natural weights?

nah to me its bhop. i know im gonna get stoned faced to death but i think its up for grabs. hopefully manny and may face each other before they turn 40

Hopefully Hop cements that tomorrow night
laugh.gif

I've lost all hope for that fight. They're too damn stubborn, ESP PBF on the 50/50 split:

Originally Posted by trak1sh

Nobody ever gives Floyd credit for the Hatton fight. Dude was undefeated, in his prime and had arguably the loudest fans in attendance. Too bad his weight/drugs ended his career.

laugh.gif
Pacquiao ended his career.

url

sick.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by trak1sh

laugh.gif
Pacquiao ended his career.

url

sick.gif
damb. 

Originally Posted by tim teufel

nah to me its bhop. i know im gonna get stoned faced to death but i think its up for grabs. hopefully manny and may face each other before they turn 40
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jhova718

roll.gif
roll.gif
whats so funny about bhop? go look at his resume. 

Bhop is the best fighter of this era. With that being said I think that mayweather will put on a clinic May 5. I think once again Cotto is way to slow and way to punch drunk to have a chance in this fight. Maybe if it was 3 or 4 years ago maybe.But we all know that Manny or neither Mayweather would fight Cotto when he had that mean hook to the body.

Sorry for the rant but it is shameful at what boxing has bcome. It's all about the money and not about the will to be the best. I blame RJJ and Money for that.

Originally Posted by jhova718

roll.gif
roll.gif

You just proved to everyone in here you don't know %%%$ about boxing
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom