Mercedes Benz Thread

wow they gonna have me maybe getting rid of my cl63 but I'd prolly just end up getting the sedan version of this

Yea they gonna discontinue the cl class and replace it with S Class Coupe like how they discontinued clk and replaced it with e class coupe.  I will prolly trade my 08 s550 in for the this new s550 sedan and get rid of my cl63 as I have so many coupes already.  This S class is def appealing to me as a car to ride in the back and not driving it as a coupe

Yea they gonna discontinue the cl class and replace it with S Class Coupe like how they discontinued clk and replaced it with e class coupe.  I will prolly trade my 08 s550 in for the this new s550 sedan and get rid of my cl63 as I have so many coupes already.  This S class is def appealing to me as a car to ride in the back and not driving it as a coupe

:lol: We get it bro!

Nice car though.

Last edited:
Funny that this is replacing the CL considering the CL was originally nothing more than a re-named S-coupe for the 1996 model year.

View media item 570580
Its lighter, more powerful and ridiculously luxurious. Mercedes officially unveiled its 2014 S63 AMG 4Matic today ahead of its in-person debut during the Frankfurt Motor Show in September.

There won’t be any mistaking the 2014 S63 AMG when it reaches showrooms, even with its handsome new sheet metal. And while the brand’s biggest and newest performance sedan wears the same handsome styling as its relatively mundane siblings, the engineers behind Mercedes’ AMG arm have been hard at work proving the considerable prowess they hold in building athletic luxury products.

After all, the most recent products from their training camp have been the A45 and CLA45 AMG models. Time for something a little more grown up, no?

“Following the successful launch of the A45 AMG and the CLA45 AMG, the new S63 AMG 4MATIC highlights our expertise in the automotive high-end segment,” AMG CEO Ola Kallenius said.

Starting skin deep, a series of changes improve the car over its predecessor. Body panels are crafted from aluminum, the brakes are lighter and buyers can choose optional carbon ceramic units. Carbon fiber is molded to cradle the spare tire and even the front end is made of aluminum. Mercedes even saves weight by using a lithium ion battery and in total cuts 220 lbs from the car. There’s more.

A newly massaged version of the brand’s 5.5-liter biturbo V8 rests under the hood and makes 577 hp and 664 lb-ft of torque. That power is sent through AMG’s multi-clutch seven-speed transmission to the brand’s 4Matic all-wheel drive system for the first time in an S63. Collectively, that launches the car from 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds with 33 percent of the engine’s torque sent to the front and 67 percent to the rear. Top speed is electronically limited to 186 mph.

Mercedes says the car is also more efficient than last year’s model, although official fuel consumption figures haven’t been released.

An updated air suspension that can adapt more readily also promises a more comfortable ride while maintaining performance. Mercedes gave the new S63 AMG higher camber, a larger anti-roll bar and a stiffer subframe carrier on the rear axle, all of which are unique to the car.

As an AMG model, the cabin gets specific changes as well. Those include a sport steering wheel and seats. Those buckets have been newly designed and Mercedes says they will offer improved support over the previous car. Finally, the cabin gets other touches like an embossed AMG logo on the leather arm rest above the center console.

Mercedes will unveil the car in person early this September during the Frankfurt Motor Show. The company didn’t announce pricing yet, but the outgoing S63 AMG starts at $140,000. Expect that number to climb considerably with the added all-wheel drive and improved materials.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/07/2014-mercedes-s63-amg-4matic-a-577-hp-luxo-bruiser.html

When that AMG S-class coupe comes out...that M6 won't even be remembered.

Haha
Insane
Not even in the same class
The cls 63 has a hard enough time beating my m5
If an AMG S-class coupe even dropped, itd be compared to the BMW Gran Lusso, not the m6 buddy
You guys will say anything just to crap on bmw.

Last edited:
Code:
Haha
Insane
If an AMG S-class coupe even dropped, itd be compared to the BMW Gran Lusso, not the m6 buddy

Ironic how the cls63 is also not even in the same class as a m5

When that AMG S-class coupe comes out...that M6 won't even be remembered.

Haha
Insane

No. In fact, I currently own a Benz, and I'm considering switching to BMW. So I won't say just anything to crap on BMW as you say, since, I actually like their cars.
But I still stand by my opinion, when that coupe drops, it will be MUCH hotter than the M6.

Despite its myriad technological advances over the last-generation model, the redesigned S550 will carry a starting price of $93,825 (including shipping) – that’s a reduction of $2,100 from its predecessor.

The 2014 S550 is fitted with more standard kit than before, with new items including a panoramic sunroof, rearview camera, all-LED lighting inside and out, and Mercedes’ “Magic Vision Control” adaptive winshield wiper. 4MATIC all-wheel-drive is available for an additional $3,000.

The new S-Class can also be fitted with a panoply of cutting-edge extras, including a $2,800 Driver Assistance package with radar-based cruise control and semi-autonomous steering control.

The 2014 S63 AMG 4MATIC, powered by a 5.5-liter twin-turbo V8 with 577 horsepower and 664 lb-ft of torque, starts from $140,425, a decrease of $500 compared with the old model.

"We have a seven-year life cycle with the all-new S class and we want to get it out of the gate as one of the most sought-after products," Mercedes-Benz USA CEO Steve Cannon told Automotive News.

"Every time we bring in a brand new generation we ... like to improve the value equation," Cannon said. "It sends a signal that Mercedes-Benz is as competitive as we are innovative."

The 2014 S550 will launch in October, with the S550 4MATIC and S63 4MATIC arriving a month later.

Problem with these cars it that although Benz has decreased the base price, extras will set you back quite a bit....

Yea these new options will get the out the door price way higher than the s class from years back.  Don't be fooled by the base price at all

I just meant they talkin bout the base price being $2,100 lower like this year's s class will run u less when in actuality the new options will run a lot more than the ones from the last gen.  

Eh, again it is nothing new. They've been raping people with their option for years, decades now. An option being $50-$200 more than last gens isn't/shouldn't be a big deal if you are going to option out an SClass anyways. I doubt people going to go, "man! F MB, they crazy for charging an extra $100 for for the 4Matic!" :lol:

At the end of the day, you pay less for more standard features in comparison to the last gen. Put that $2100 you saved on extra options or use it to offset the price increase on whatever option you need/want.

yea I'm not mad at em,  I'm actually really excited to see some of their new options so I will be paying for all of them.  The way I see it, this new s550 will pretty much have everything the maybach had so for 130-135k I'm getting a bargain for what the maybach was going for

yea I'm not mad at em,  I'm actually really excited to see some of their new options so I will be paying for all of them.  The way I see it, this new s550 will pretty much have everything the maybach had so for 130-135k I'm getting a bargain for what the maybach was going for

But it won't be a Maybach. Even though the resurrection didn't work out for the best, I do think that Maybach has such a huge and rich heritage that that was a huge plus and may remain to be; it may have to be marketed differently or I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom