Met MJ today...What a %$%@

like the guy said, it's all in the timing..maybe the dude with the V's ,just out of the blue , pop up the shoes into mj's face...now the smell ofthat shoe might have played a factor too...lol

he's hosting his own tournament, he should at least have been courteous. Although i will have to say i probably would have been like why the crap did youjust take your shoes off and ask me to sign them. I guess i can understand that but he could have handled it better. But at the end of the day who cares, M.Jaint gonna change he can afford not to change, people will always buy his stuff. But you should have stuck them in his face once he said that haha.

I dont blame him. 1st off I wouldn't want to touch someone's used sneaker let alone have it near my face. Pure disrespect. 2nd I wouldn't want tosigne something knowing someone else would be making a profit off of my name. I mean come one, it also depends on how you approached and asked him. The mancould have been on his own time taking a break or relaxing or just didnt want to be bothered even if he was standing alone. Sometimes its not all about you anda little consideration needs to be take. Just because he is a celeb he is human and does have things which may occur that could affect him at the moment. Onejust has to be a little mor eunderstanding.

IF he was really that rude then that's messed up. He could at least say "sorry, no autographs" but considering what he goesthrough on a daily basis even well after his retirement I can understand his frustration. Also the poster who said about MJ sniffing out his true fans made agreat point.

i dunno about you guys, but if i was having a bad day and some dude came up to me, took off his sneakers from '99, put them in my face demanding anautograph, id be salty too

jordan, as great as he is, is human too...hes entitled to having a bad day, act like a jerk, whatever...dont act like you never had a bad day in your life

Originally Posted by cronicmole

and my friend took of his Retro 5's to ask him to sign and MJ said '' Get those +#+$ out of my face'' I was stunned

Nintendo-characters-games-art-mike-tyson-glass-joe-2.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Like some others have said, it depends on the day. I have met him several times at golf tournaments and he was courteous every time. I always brought somethingto get autographed and was always passed over until I got my WINGS poster signed. Contrary to what others have said he doesn't need any UDA rep present.

Originally Posted by j4rote33

Jordans hosting the tournament... i'm sorry but i think he has more important things to do than sit and sign autographs. People gotta understand he can't be at your beckon call to sign an autograph.

sick.gif
sick.gif
It's "Beck and Call".........

roll.gif

Originally Posted by swingshot

IIRC, his contract with Upper Deck means he can't sign anything. I don't know what to think about that quote however.

Yea I heard this too thats why doesnt sign anything.

Originally Posted by krs1demian

i have been wondering about that. he probably has the BIGGEST ego in the world.
Word. When you really think about it though, 80% of all players in the NBA are a**H0L3$, too. It's an ego thing.

MJ not signing the autograph is not a big deal to me. However, the way he said it was completely disrespectful. Just because he is Michael Jordan doesn'tmean he can belittle you and talk to people any kind of way he wants to. If he didn't want to sign it, he could've just said no and kept it moving.It's that simple. He's not obligated to sign everything that is put in his face but he is obligate to treat people with respect.

Originally Posted by MH602

Im more just into the shoes nowadays than i am MJ. Everybody has good days and bad so its no big deal. As for the 5's he probably meant get those low quality pieces of crap outta here
TRUE statement haha

maybe you people should lay off the giggly girl @+@@. I'm probably one of the biggest MJ fans in the Western hemisphere, but there's a time when yourealize you're a damn grown man as he is and asking for an autograph in the midst of a conversation or as someone is trying to enjoy THEIR time is probablya bit childish. I'm sure some of you might have a ton in common with the man, and you might even be friends. Imagine starting your friendship with therequest for an autograph.

Getting starstruck is not what's up.

like, let's be honest, you weren't in some kind of intimate setting, where asking those kind of things are appropriate.

I'm not mad at MJ. I won't even begin to fathom the amount of times he's been asked for a picture or autograph. Let some b-list celeb like TaraReid blow someone off like that and I'd probably SMH, but Michael Jordan is easily one of the top 100 most recognized people EVER... yes EVER. I'dimagine at this point of his life, he's just trying to enjoy it like the rest of us.

Back
Top Bottom