Met MJ today...What a %$%@

athletes can never win. If they sign 100 autographs the 101th person will call every radio station and tell everyone what a jerk the athlete is. Should MJ havebeen rude to you? No? Can he be? Yes. Athletes are given way too much attention and adornment and we often cant separate the individual as the athlete and asthe person.

On the flipside, he should have gotten them autographed by every other celebrity then. (or told him his thoughts on the Jordan 2009 fencing shoe)
I'd get Sam Jackson to sign some Jordan's instead of just a piece of paper in that same situation.

Your friend, he wanted the signature to keep for himself (collect/display or even still wear around) or to flip for more potential bidders/value on eBay?

Catch him at a golf tournament when there's tons of downtime inbetween shots/holes and get a signature. Someone told me a story of how he got a signaturethis exact way.

Another reason to not support the crap they put out. Let it flush down the toilet.

Originally Posted by j4rote33

Jordans hosting the tournament... i'm sorry but i think he has more important things to do than sit and sign autographs. People gotta understand he can't be at your beckon call to sign an autograph. He's one of the most famous men in the world, and when he's hosting a tournament there's a lot of work that goes into it. He was at my school last weekend for his son's game and i thought he was a good guy. He wasnt working or anything, he signed autographs took pictures, shook hands. I mean it's just timing i guess.

That doesn't give him the right to be rude. Sure, he would still be an icon because of his indescribable skills as a player, but without consumers (andpassionate fans) purchasing his product JB would NOT be what it is today.

I work as an engineer at the Airport in Charlotte, NC and I MJ at least 6 times a month when he flies in. I don't get to have 1 on 1 conversations ornothing like that but I have talked to him and took pics by his Jet(white/carolina blue). I have to admitt he has his moments. I have seen him be really rudeto fans on some days and other days he is out talking and taking pics. I just depends on what day you catch him on. My only problem with that is celebertiesmust understand the price of fame and admiration. Yes they may see tons of people everyday but those tons of people may only see them once in a lifetime. If atnothing else, they should at least be courteous. I mean the people they are being rude to are the same people that have invested time and dedication to you andyour brand. I know you can't sign everyone's autograph or take a pic for everyone but at least be courteous about it. So I understand both sides ofthe arguement but I do put more emphasis on the MJ for the simple fact he has to understand that using his popularity to sell product also has a price to paywith that. Just my opinion.

Originally Posted by adamfo85

seriously would have been that big of a deal to sign the shoes? Not really just sign it and move on. You all are right jordan doesnt owe us anything. But also in that same breathe, He should remember that we buy his products and that he would have alot less cash if we didnt buy his stuff. If he didnt want to be in the spotlight he should have been a math teacher. What did he expect?

Do y'all realize that every single day he gos out in public people bother him? For like 20 years? I think people who say he should sign the shoes are beingselfish. You should realize he gets that every day for his life.

People would still buy Jordans if he moved to the south of France. I doesnt matter he already made his mark.

Also just because he wanted to play basketball and make money doesnt mean he needs to be at your beck and call.

Originally Posted by Johnny Kilroy

I work as an engineer at the Airport in Charlotte, NC and I MJ at least 6 times a month when he flies in. I don't get to have 1 on 1 conversations or nothing like that but I have talked to him and took pics by his Jet(white/carolina blue). I have to admitt he has his moments. I have seen him be really rude to fans on some days and other days he is out talking and taking pics. I just depends on what day you catch him on. My only problem with that is celeberties must understand the price of fame and admiration. Yes they may see tons of people everyday but those tons of people may only see them once in a lifetime. If at nothing else, they should at least be courteous. I mean the people they are being rude to are the same people that have invested time and dedication to you and your brand. I know you can't sign everyone's autograph or take a pic for everyone but at least be courteous about it. So I understand both sides of the arguement but I do put more emphasis on the MJ for the simple fact he has to understand that using his popularity to sell product also has a price to pay with that. Just my opinion.

I agree with you totally. For all of those years of loyal support from fans of the Chicago Bulls who attended games (home and away), people who bought hissneakers, and/or any endorsements he has had...has ultimately made him a richer man...

Understandably everyone has good and bad days and I'm sure the man is incredibly busy but at LEAST be courteous to your fans. You're right...fame andfortune is a double edged sword....great to be known and make money but there's always a flip side. He should always keep that in mind because like it ornot he's an icon in this world even if the world doesn't know him personally.

Man this thread is Lame yall tripping on Jordan because he dont give autographs all the the time and take pics he aint got time for it all the time. So whatsnext just cause you buy his Gear he suppose to show love? How bout Ralph Lauren, Hanes , Fruit of a Loom i know yall wear that and i bet you wouldnt try andget autographs from them cats take ya T-shirt off and ask them to sign no let Jordan do his thing and be him sometimes you just caught him at a bad time youcant hate em for that. if you feel some kind of way throw ya J's away and dont spend ya bread. Just be easy tho pimp. Maybe next time.

Originally Posted by endemic415

if they were the fusion Vs I would understand MJ's response
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i can't blame the guy for not wanting to sign a pair of shoes they just pulled off their feet. you may not think its a big deal but who knows where yourcrusty feet have been

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by Johnny Kilroy

I work as an engineer at the Airport in Charlotte, NC and I MJ at least 6 times a month when he flies in. I don't get to have 1 on 1 conversations or nothing like that but I have talked to him and took pics by his Jet(white/carolina blue). I have to admitt he has his moments. I have seen him be really rude to fans on some days and other days he is out talking and taking pics. I just depends on what day you catch him on. My only problem with that is celeberties must understand the price of fame and admiration. Yes they may see tons of people everyday but those tons of people may only see them once in a lifetime. If at nothing else, they should at least be courteous. I mean the people they are being rude to are the same people that have invested time and dedication to you and your brand. I know you can't sign everyone's autograph or take a pic for everyone but at least be courteous about it. So I understand both sides of the arguement but I do put more emphasis on the MJ for the simple fact he has to understand that using his popularity to sell product also has a price to pay with that. Just my opinion.

I agree with you totally. For all of those years of loyal support from fans of the Chicago Bulls who attended games (home and away), people who bought his sneakers, and/or any endorsements he has had...has ultimately made him a richer man...

Understandably everyone has good and bad days and I'm sure the man is incredibly busy but at LEAST be courteous to your fans. You're right...fame and fortune is a double edged sword....great to be known and make money but there's always a flip side. He should always keep that in mind because like it or not he's an icon in this world even if the world doesn't know him personally.

cosign, im not trying to compare the two, but ive met magic johnson on numerous occasions from when i was little up until now, just seeing him at randomplaces throughout the los angeles area. the first time i met him i was about 8 years old, i seen him at a resturant and i was on some d riding give me yourautograph stuff, i went up to him while he was eating and everything and he still signed my stuff. a few years later i ran into him again at the mall, i wentup to him talked to him for a little bit, apologized for interupting him when he was eating and we both laughed about it. everyone i know thats met magic hashad a good expierence and has said that he's gone out of his way to accomadate his fans and is talkative and friendly.

If your a true fan of MJ, and autograph will NOT be the 1st thing on your mind when you approach him. Convo is priceless. If you want a autograph go buy one,you can take your pick..jersey,b-ball, bat, etc..let that man live his life.

Originally Posted by cronicmole

Jordan is hosting is annual tournament here, a bunch of celebs Bill Clinton, Alan Thicke, Samuel L Jackson, Flex Alexander to name a few... so every celebrity was giving autographs chatting with viewers and my whole perspective about MJ has changed. He was rude and discourteous did not want to take pictures with the fans or babies wouldnt sign autographs... and my friend took of his Retro 5's to ask him to sign and MJ said '' Get those +#+$ out of my face'' I was stunned I've always heard about how he doesnt tip and acts tight with money and stuff but this experience really has me re-thinking supporting him. I understand he is just a man but when your a public figure sometimes you have to put personal issues aside... without the fans supporting him and people like me and you buying his sneakers he would be nothing...
guess JB knows the quality of retros are a piece of $^%& too
roll.gif

next time give him some OGs, i doubt he'll mind signing those
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom