Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

Goldar; Details On Controversial Redesign Revealed

Talking to Entertainment Weekly, production designer Andrew Menzies confirmed that this version won't be as chatty as his small screen counterpart as he wanted to create a kaiju-like beast who would serve as a physical manifestation of Rita Repulsa's evil nature. "Dean and I talked about him being faceless and intimidating and characterless. He’s an extension of Rita that’s unstoppable."

Bizarrely, Menzies revealed that he based Goldar off a chocolate fountain as he has a melting form which is constantly changing. "I think as humans we always search for character in a face, and if it’s always shifting and changing, it becomes scary. If it moved like chocolate and kept flowing, you could never put your finger on it." That's a pretty unique sounding description, but one which makes a little more sense when Power Rangers director Dean Israelite weighs in on this version of the villain.

"There’s something very beautiful about him," he explains. "All of the negative space that’s constantly in Goldar’s design feels very eerie, but on the other hand, he’s a kinetic sculpture."

View media item 2362055View media item 2362056

Literally just looks like when a piece of decoration or a work of art (sculpture) is brought to life as a monster.

Kinda weird that it looks like they gained super strength. Wonder what other abilities they received.

I dont know if you guys heard or not, but twitch is going to be streaming all 23 seasons of Power Rangers Starting next week. 831 episodes over 17 days. I don't know about you guys but I will be watching the OG seasons. :lol: :pimp:

On a side note, I never knew Zordon Said "Recruit a group of teenagers with attitude". :lol:

Last edited:
Watched the first episode of Zeo last night, well, in between the yambs, what I was able to catch was ight.

I thought Turbo was right after MMPR, now I realize that's just cuz both series spawned a movie and I incorrectly linked the two as consecutive.

:x theres that many?

They lost me after zeo when they had the shapes on the helmets.

I was about to say maybe i just grew out of it but looking back i was only 9 at the time

They had Ninjas, Samurai, Magicians, a Police force, First Responders, Dinosaurs again, time travelers, etc.

Back
Top Bottom