MIND = BLOWN

i think they did the same thing to Teena Marie (R.I.P) first album, 
CD-TeenaMarieWildPeaceful.jpg

thought some little light skin girl was singing this until i saw the unsung episode and was like
eek.gif
pimp.gif

also for you Steely Dan fans -- Michael McDonald is the back up vocalist for "Peg" during the chorus

:wow:

Mind is really blown on that. I was listening to Aja over the weekend and never knew that.

He's on several tracks from the Pretzel Logic and Katy Lied. So are the likes of guitarists Larry Carlton, Lee Ritenour, & even a track with Mark Knopfler (Time Out Of My Mind). Michael McDonald was also part of the Doobie Brothers for a hot minute...

:wow:

Mind is really blown on that. I was listening to Aja over the weekend and never knew that.

peep the below video on the "Making of" Peg . Michael talks a bit more about being on the chorus . Steely Dan are truly lyrical geniuses ; scrutinizing every single aspect of a song

Michael's part starts at 6:20 for those of you who dont want to watch the whole video

Last edited:
7 pages in and no mention of Phil Collins yet?

Also loved this song with Phillip Bailey from EWF,some of you might remember this from Vice City stories

Last edited:
Keep it funky OP, you were watching TV and saw that car commercial and youtubed the song didn't you?... :lol:

Saw the live performance and was :wow: faced

Can't Forget Shorty from "The Voice" Tessane Chin....don't even watch the show...but I became a fan after hearing her one time...shorty can Sing son

Funny, never heard her sing but as soon as I saw her and her name I knew she was related to Tami Chynn

I came in expecting to be underwhelmed....

My mind was in fact, blown.

Had no idea Bobby Caldwell was white. :wow:

Incredible talent either way.

Back
Top Bottom