**MLB Feet - 2009 Baseball Cleats**

it's on the GR all black. you can notice that there's more snakeskin underneath the toe are. The white/green cw have the snake skin as well. Idon't like the look of it.

Originally Posted by cowboychris88

elton john huarache?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yeah Doogie I scooped up the batting gloves but my digital camera broke and I haven't got around to replacing it yet. The gloves are true to color (thegrey matches baseball pant color) and they are decent quality...not a good Franklin quality but no Nike gloves are in my opinion. They'd be worth buyingthough.

Originally Posted by nikesourceseller

yeah Doogie I scooped up the batting gloves but my digital camera broke and I haven't got around to replacing it yet. The gloves are true to color (the grey matches baseball pant color) and they are decent quality...not a good Franklin quality but no Nike gloves are in my opinion. They'd be worth buying though.

Cool, yeah im not to hard on BGs so usually i get some good use out of Nikes. Thanks

Originally Posted by nikesourceseller

Saw these looking around on eBay...Nike Diamond Ready IV Trainers (From Taiwan)
I have the all black version of those, if you plan on getting them, be prepared to get some weird looks. people think you're an incompetentold man who cant tie his shoes anymore. other than that, they are extremely comfortable.

^ LOL.

Velcro is back, big time.

I need some Swingman Remixes in a low-top with velcro.

That would be mad.

One can only dream.

Pudge has some explaining to do,
about his 2008 stint with The Yankees.
fight0910.jpg

He has Wilson Chest Protector and Leg Guards; but Nike Face Mask???
moz-screenshot-4.png
moz-screenshot-5.png

Lots of non-Nike guys use Nike masks as they were the first ones to make one....I made one during my time at Easton that our catchers (Ruiz, Powell, Bowen)wore....there were a few umpires who would ask for them as well who wear Wilson pads but a Nike or Easton cage.

With Pudge playing with Jorge he likely just borrowed one for a while to try it out.

KW

Originally Posted by kweimer1

Lots of non-Nike guys use Nike masks as they were the first ones to make one....I made one during my time at Easton that our catchers (Ruiz, Powell, Bowen) wore....there were a few umpires who would ask for them as well who wear Wilson pads but a Nike or Easton cage.

With Pudge playing with Jorge he likely just borrowed one for a while to try it out.

KW
Yea he must have liked the Nike Mask, since he continued wearing one on the Rangers.
Here is a picture of him on the Astros:
89636356.jpg

**Nobody on the Astros was sponsored by Nike, so dealt with his Wilson Mask.**

Later that season Saltalamacchia was out for the remainder of the season and so he got traded across town to his former team The Rangers, .
I'm guessing since Saltalamacchia was sponsored by Nike, Pudge might aswell use the Nike Mask while he can.
90582196.jpg

I cant see your pics, but he is rocking the Nike mask here as an Astro.
Houston+Astros+v+St+Louis+Cardinals+83MzmwR5y1El.jpg

also, here is the sneaky Jeff Mathis using the Nike frame with Mizuno padding, probably got one from Napoli.
Los+Angeles+Angels+Anaheim+v+San+Francisco+GTbbeudam_sl.jpg

Originally Posted by cowboychris88

I cant see your pics, but he is rocking the Nike mask here as an Astro.
Houston+Astros+v+St+Louis+Cardinals+83MzmwR5y1El.jpg

also, here is the sneaky Jeff Mathis using the Nike frame with Mizuno padding, probably got one from Napoli.
Los+Angeles+Angels+Anaheim+v+San+Francisco+GTbbeudam_sl.jpg
Nice find Mathis is sneaky for that one.

That is what most of the guys did....take the Nike or Easton cage and swap out the pads to not be in violation with their equipment contracts....umpires aswell

That is what most of the guys did....take the Nike or Easton cage and swap out the pads to not be in violation with their equipment contracts....umpires as well
So why do they do this?
Are the Nike and Easton Cages really that light?

TAMPA, Fla. -- On the first day of camp, Jorge Posada rifled through boxes of gear sent to him from Nike.

From one, he pulled out a shiny new face mask.

The silver metal glistened in the glaring fluorescent light of the clubhouse.

And Posada beamed in appreciation. The 35-year-old catcher held the cage in his hands, turning it over, flipping it into the air, catching it, and nodding inagreement.

He then passed it over to his locker neighbor, fellow catcher Todd Pratt, for inspection.

Pratt mirrored Posada's reactions.

The two smiled at each other and Posada said, "Pretty good, huh?"

What could cause such an awesome encounter?

A new titanium mask engineered and crafted by Nike, which is as light as a feather but is 10 times stronger than steel. The rods are smaller to help catcherssee through better and the durability is, according to Posada, endless.

Posada should know, considering he now is a part of the engineering team, so to speak.

The mask is just one of many innovations in equipment that Posada has aided through the design process over the last few years.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news...t_id=1806768&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Yes...it is considerably lighter...to the point where the first couple that we developed almost seemed "too light"...any former catcher woulddefinitely appreciate it. The part that makes it tough is that the cost at the time is very prohibitive to retail sales. Working on one now that you may beable to purchase in 2010

Yes...it is considerably lighter...to the point where the first couple that we developed almost seemed "too light"...any former catcher would definitely appreciate it. The part that makes it tough is that the cost at the time is very prohibitive to retail sales. Working on one now that you may be able to purchase in 2010
Thankx for the info guys!

Yea, kweimer1 I always wanted a Nike Mask but can't find any.
Looking forward to 2010 3rd Generation Nike Catcher Gear.

Hope you arent looking too forward to it...they were not going in the right direction so I am no longer there...shoot me a private message on here and I willsee what we can do about the mask that I am working on.

KW

Likely wont see any of the Easton masks on ebay as I can probably tell you where they all are...not many (less than 200) of them in existance.

If everything goes according to plan you will see one that I am working on now for sale very soon...the mask is done...just finishing up the Chest Protectorand Leg Guards. Also working on some Umpire Gear as well that is shaping up really nicely.

Will it be ready for the upcoming high school season? I'm looking for some gear and Nike is always my first choice for everything

Back
Top Bottom