**MLB Feet - 2009 Baseball Cleats**

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

MJSretrostyle im not calling you out or anything but you probably were a slap hitter, i'm not. im not saying i'm an albert pujols by any means, but:

are you gonna tell pujols his swing sucks too?
Notice his hands are through the "zone" your hands are behind its pretty good tho

Originally Posted by flaco425

Notice his hands are through the "zone" your hands are behind its pretty good tho
thank you, the pitch i hit was a little outside which is why i think it looks almost like my bathead is dragging. i hit that pitch like 380 toright center

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Looks like they glued a stitched-patch onto the helmet... the 'matte' helmets are a good look...

The Cubs also have a raised patch on their helmets.

Originally Posted by doogie24

thanks to the guys at UniWatch for the heads up on these...

pimp.gif
wow these are awesome. I'm not a big fan of white but these are nice. Just like last year looks like the team bough some all white ids. They did thatlast year with the fuses

Ichiro & Johjima's back with the squad...

Ichiro's trainers... from the Sea Times...

pokeyneil30 wrote:
MJSretrostyle im not calling you out or anything but you probably were a slap hitter, i'm not. im not saying i'm an albert pujols by any means, but:

This swing looks like a solid swing from the photo. Only thing I noticed is the stride length. The long stride makes me think that you may drift with your bodyand head as you are about to swing. "Drifting" would cause you to not be swinging with your whole body around a fixed axis. This would make it muchmore difficult to generate bat speed, causing you to take the ball to the opposite field. If this is not the case, then you're fine.

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

This swing looks like a solid swing from the photo. Only thing I noticed is the stride length. The long stride makes me think that you may drift with your bodyand head as you are about to swing. "Drifting" would cause you to not be swinging with your whole body around a fixed axis. This would make it muchmore difficult to generate bat speed, causing you to take the ball to the opposite field. If this is not the case, then you're fine.

@pokeyneil30

Dude.

Seriously?

You think the two pictures are equal because the limbs kind of look like they're in the same place? To throw up a shot of one of the greatest hitters ofall time and say you're swinging like he is... come on. That's insulting. Only cats who've never broken down tape or laypeople will think this isequal. There's a ton of differences even just in this picture.

The main point is that the pictures are taken from different angles. The shot of Pujols is directly perpendicular to the vertical line of the batter's box.The picture of you is from closer to the 1st base line. That means that even though the two of you look like you're in similar position, you're in factbenefiting from a flattering angle.

I understand you put this picture up because you like it and you're probably really happy about the uni-matching 1" sweatband you wrapped around your10" bicep. But based on your super defensive reactions to everyone who's commented on it so far, perhaps you should've kept it off the board.I'm coming into this thread to check out the newest cleats and other baseball gear.

Not to have some scrawny little dude with a metal bat say "if you critique me you critique Pujols". Absolutely ridiculous. Get over yourself.

^^ ok let's chill out with the bashing. Let's keep this thread on track and about equipment. I don't have a problem with posting pictures ofyourself but not for critiqing purposes. (I can't spell) there are websites for that and this one is not it. Let's keep this on topic guys.

i saw some metal 2k5s tonight at my outlet for 50 bucks, i almost bought them but i have no use for metal cleats but it was my first time seeing them inperson, not bad really, how are they compared to the 2k4s?

I've been reading everything on this site for a while and haven't really chimed in. I really think that anything having to do with Ichiro is way overrated. If his turfs and cleats were on the market here no one would buy those. The last guy i can think of to wear ascics was piazza. Japan's helmets wereunique and new but it's not that hard to tell that i was just a stitched sticker or basically an iron type patch. I'm partial to Reebok but theirbatting gloves are very underrated. They feel way nicer than any nike gloves i have tried on. They have improved the looks of them in my opinion as well. Andthe hexmetal cleats are unbelievable. Like haveing nike air max cleats.
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
84c368bd47071865b7033c15ba6c95eecf49f806.pjpg
3a136c274d761123b639337ab61194b3776717c5.jpg
3a41654213b337ba9009f4f37d9879b725fa1bce.jpg
5d236ad4482e11f6bcd73283bfda9bccbc888ca7.jpg

moz-screenshot.jpg

^ Those spikes look great! I'll definitely give them a go.

Nike batting gloves and Jordan batting gloves are absolute trash. Those Reebok ones looks better, but I'll only wear these on my hand:

10159010_w.jpg

I'm out of competitive baseball and I still have two pairs of these... just the perfect set ofbatting gloves. If you've been wearing something else, spend 30$ on these and thank me later.

laugh.gif
anyways, back on topic. how's the grip on the franklin gloves?nike gloves seem to wear out too quickly.

^^Those are MVP's. I'll have to agree that those franklins were the best batting gloves ever made. You still see a ton of guys using those. Too badthey are so hard to find. I know you could get them on eastbay or something last year but who knows about now i havent looked. If you really like those youwould love these ones. They are almost the same. Real thick leather, with a very soft feel on the inside. I love the all white ones. I think that is a classiclook.
ee7260040a1e6bd73f0b929aaa475702b60deb46.jpg

RBK guy, Our outfielder bought the cutters ying yang gloves(too flashy for me) But the leather was amazing! Real thick cabretta leather, and soft on theinside. I'm wondering if those are close to the same. And are these gloves next years gloves because I havnt seen them anywhere and the ones above them?

The Franklin's grip is gorgeous. Sort of textured leather that holds up - I have a left hand glove from back in 96 that still has a good grip left. Amazingquality.

The APC (Adult Pro Classics, the ones basically every professional wears, the ones pictured in my above post) are up on Eastbay right now and look like theywill be for a while. They're 30, which is an incredible value. I'd say buy two pairs and you'll be set for life.

Back
Top Bottom