**MLB Feet - 2009 Baseball Cleats**

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

FirstCuts: Griffey Jr., Nike to honor Jackie Robinson

112773.jpg

Today is Jackie Robinson day in Major League Baseball. Everyone will be wearing No. 42 on the field, but The Kid and a few other athletes will give their footwear a special touch, as seen above. In addition to Griffey Jr., Jimmy Rollins, Torii Hunter, Carl Crawford, Ryan Braun, Orlando Hudson, Curtis Granderson, Cameron Maybin, Adam Jones, Billy Hall, Derrek Lee and David Wright will rock these kicks.

http://See more images
pimp.gif

Those are nice for a one game type shoe

112773.jpg

Today is Jackie Robinson day in Major League Baseball. Everyone will be wearing No. 42 on the field, but The Kid and a few other athletes will give their footwear a special touch, as seen above. In addition to Griffey Jr., Jimmy Rollins, Torii Hunter, Carl Crawford, Ryan Braun, Orlando Hudson, Curtis Granderson, Cameron Maybin, Adam Jones, Billy Hall, Derrek Lee and David Wright will rock these kicks.

Holy Jesus!!
pimp.gif

112773.jpg

pimp.gif

i still need a pair of the red/black joints

i would love it if nike dropped those Jackie Robinson day remix's..they color blocking on them is amazing!

Originally Posted by K23J

i would love it if nike dropped those Jackie Robinson day remix's..they color blocking on them is amazing!

The PR thing today said "A non-cleated, turf version of the shoe will be available at selected retail outlets beginning May 1." So take that forwhat' it's worth... Trying to verify that it's the Jackie colorway though and not just another colorway of the Griffeys that are out right now.

Originally Posted by nikesourceseller

kweimer you have anything to do with the A's catching gear? saw it first time today and man does it look good.
yeah kweimer suzuki's gear is pretty dope but the yellow on it looks kinda bright, does he have different gear for home and away?

since we've been posting the JRD swingman cleats, and it is Jackie Robinson Day, i think we should remember what Griffey did on this day 12 years ago bywearing the number 42 in a game..heres a great article on it and what griffey things bout it.

Jackie Robinson Day

David Ortiz either has something new from Reebok or he broke out an older pair of cleats. I'm guessing these are a few years. Pre Big Papi models. Theyhave the old reebok logo on the heel and the molded cleat pattern is the old style. Which in my opinion is better and more comfortable than the new style orpattern of reebok molded cleats.And here is two new models of reeboks i haven't seen before. Not sure if i'm a huge fan of them. But i think makingPE's of these could look really nice.
fdb16c4317b639b09791f32f18c691d2d0ba0f7c.jpg
b72260247d159b3c325ba79d1198de0e8bf8da36.jpg
3a43612741421b18b7983627b24b9923cf254bb6.jpg
c2126724381a5b3d3eab909bc4f1fc4f7511b6c1.jpg

^at first i thought they were the JRD swingmans but after a closer look i think they are Jeter Clutch Low PE

c9e268630ef5ff164f1badfa96f561cb91904174.png

We were talking about that when there was a picture of him in ST. I think theyre the Jeter Clutch Lows but there was a different icon or something that madesomeone think otherwise.

Wow these JRD swingmans are great. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that these are lows

b7116236f6f441bbf4347c2bae28deb401a9a5a9.jpg

and man the bottom of these look great too

and how can we talk about the man's cleats without showing the man
85995918.jpg

And correct me if Im wrong, but wasnt Griffey one of the first to wear 42 on Jackie Robinson day?'

BTW...are those swingmans lowtops? I was gonna get a pair for the season, but wasnt sure how they'd look with the high socks. Anyone have pics rockin theswingmans with high socks?

Originally Posted by energycube

And correct me if Im wrong, but wasnt Griffey one of the first to wear 42 on Jackie Robinson day?'

BTW...are those swingmans lowtops? I was gonna get a pair for the season, but wasnt sure how they'd look with the high socks. Anyone have pics rockin the swingmans with high socks?

yes he was, thats what the article i posted on the last page was all about..... and no they are mids and look find with long sock

Back
Top Bottom