***MLB Feet and Equipment 2013***NEW THREAD

It's disgusting to see these pairs get snatched up quickly by resellers. I understand that's how it is with retros, but geeze, leave us baseballers out of that crap. Good luck to everybody trying to get pairs and hopefully we'll all be able to get multiples for discount eventually. /rant

It's disgusting to see these pairs get snatched up quickly by resellers. I understand that's how it is with retros, but geeze, leave us baseballers out of that crap. Good luck to everybody trying to get pairs and hopefully we'll all be able to get multiples for discount eventually. /rant

^^^^ Truth. I really thought resellers died out like the dinosaur. Now, they are targeting baseball cleats? Smh. I guess the best thing to do is not get caught up in the hype and not give into the resellers and especially not give into Nike whenever they dangle a carrot like that.

Last edited:
Part of the reason I kind of got tired of collectting Jordans and really got into baseball gear 4-5 years ago was because you could find baseball gear for a reasonable price (for the most part.) I think this is the first thing I can remember really having a hard time looking for that was a new release. Brings me back to always having to do that for new releases with J's.

I gave up already been calling shoe spots all day and either there sold out or don't know anything about the release. Hopefully eastbay gets the 12's in soon.

This is a really weird release.  My first instincts told me that these will get a wide release eventually but now seeing that these are only showing up in small sneaker boutiques in limited quantities is making me believe Nike is trying out some new, weird release process and trying to keep them limited. 

This is a really weird release.  My first instincts told me that these will get a wide release eventually but now seeing that these are only showing up in small sneaker boutiques in limited quantities is making me believe Nike is trying out some new, weird release process and trying to keep them limited. 
Its not a new process. They did something like this with a few shoes earlier in the year and during the summer. A few spots at a time were getting them and those spots had a small stock. But it is a hype builder, especially since this is the 1st retro model to be released to the public (I think) so with them barely surfacing word has spread and people are on the lookout, plus it will generate traffic to those stores/boutiques.

Just going off of what I know and have experienced with releases ... these kinda things dont just get to smaller spots without the bigger ones having them or eventually having them.

In due time my friends (we hope lol)

Its not a new process. They did something like this with a few shoes earlier in the year and during the summer. A few spots at a time were getting them and those spots had a small stock. But it is a hype builder, especially since this is the 1st retro model to be released to the public (I think) so with them barely surfacing word has spread and people are on the lookout, plus it will generate traffic to those stores/boutiques.

Just going off of what I know and have experienced with releases ... these kinda things dont just get to smaller spots without the bigger ones having them or eventually having them.

Good points, I didn't realize they have been doing this with sneakers, but I still think its new and weird to do with baseball cleats but I guess it works

Also these aren't the first retro baseball cleat.  9's were released like 10 years ago, but I guess this is the first time in a lot of young guys baseball careers

Also, good point on some being bough up for football,  Probably Lacrosse also.

Good points, I didn't realize they have been doing this with sneakers, but I still think its new and weird to do with baseball cleats but I guess it works

Also these aren't the first retro baseball cleat.  9's were released like 10 years ago, but I guess this is the first time in a lot of young guys baseball careers

Also, good point on some being bough up for football,  Probably Lacrosse also.
Oh I had no idea about the 9s .. 10 years ago I was 15 so I didnt even know lol. From 12-18 my team was sponsored my reebok so thats all i wore on and off the field baseball related.

yeah Im sure thats where most of the pairs went now that you mention football. especially with it still being in season at the moment. Im sure we will see many players rocking them in the next few weeks.

I spoke to a friend that works at DSG and he said that the big marketing stores like eastbay,DSG, and some nike stores might get the spikes and mold cleats of the jordan 12's.

Damn, Playoff 12 discussion has hijacked this thread.

They were in a catalog a while back, im sure they will hit major retailers soon. It's been like 3 days since they have surfaced, be patient.

Very nice looking cleats though, I must say.

What catalog? I spoke to nike rep and they have no info on this. No release and none of their stores have it. No info at all. You would think they have a list they can give that says all the boutiques that got them.

Are they baseball or football cleats
Your photo is of football cleats ... if you look closer you can see football spikes

The ones that have shown up over the past week are baseball BUT I do not see why one could not use them for football. I cant speak on the differences or similarities though

EDIT: I just zoomed in as much as i could with a clear pic, those look like the baseball ones. Anyway like I said above though ^^

Last edited:
just to add my 2 cents on the jordan 12 topic....i would bet money eastbay gets them for sure. i got the 9's way back when from eastbay in their clearance section for like 29 i think ha.

As a collegiate baseball player I want to help everyone out there get theirs for retail. Call this number in the am, I bought my pair today and forgot to post the number. (877) 935-7365 (They had all sizes in both metal and plastic when I called!( $136 metal) and (molded $85) shipped.

Good Luck!

After zooming and comparing other nike football cleats, these are baseball MCS. Football has only 2 round heal cleats and I see the MCS standard 4 cleat heal IMO

Your photo is of football cleats ... if you look closer you can see football spikes

The ones that have shown up over the past week are baseball BUT I do not see why one could not use them for football. I cant speak on the differences or similarities though

EDIT: I just zoomed in as much as i could with a clear pic, those look like the baseball ones. Anyway like I said above though ^^

Also .. for us baseball guys thst actually want these .. its a GREAT time for them to release. With all the holiday releases coming up it will be easy for those with no interest other than a buck or those who could go without because of the other hyped/limited shoes dropping to pass

Only show im interested in for the rest of the year is taxi's so its def great in my book

Also like mentioned bigger retailers will get them. These wwill be sn after thought soon they were just put on blast with hype because of social media

As a collegiate baseball player I want to help everyone out there get theirs for retail. Call this number in the am, I bought my pair today and forgot to post the number. (877) 935-7365 (They had all sizes in both metal and plastic when I called!( $136 metal) and (molded $85) shipped.
Good Luck!
Get them while you can. Someone has already tweeted and alerted kicksdeals so I'm sure they will tweet it out early in the AM. Can anyone vouch for this place, Sideline Apparel?

Heres a photo of the 2 for comparison. The change in the midsole is so small but noticeable to me, wonder why they did that?

View media item 664416View media item 664422

Last edited:

Good Luck!
What store is this? Might need to cop 1.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom