***MLB Feet and Equipment 2015***NEW THREAD

Robinson+Cano+Seattle+Mariners+v+Los+Angeles+WrMN63gd2GMx.jpg

Seattle+Mariners+v+Los+Angeles+Dodgers+PE0cqvqReH_x.jpg

Seattle+Mariners+v+Los+Angeles+Dodgers+EwympQm0KFpx.jpg

Hey guys I don't ever really post much on here but have been following for a while I stopped by my local ross and picked up 3 pairs of the Swingman 360 trainers sz 11 & 12 in the black/volt cw and 10.5 in freshwater/black/red pm me if anyone is interested.

They have the nubby outsole, it's essentially the same as the pro issue joints that pop up from time to time (1 or 2 pages back in this very thread). Not as good as the destroyer sole unit but plenty grippy for work outs and, depending on what you are trying to do, good for dry ground/field turf

I have that exact pair, I use them for indoor/cages and they are fine. Where the nubby sole meets the toe box has come unglued a bit on mine, but I have used them on the mound a few times so it's just normal wear and tear. I wear them while coaching too, they look awesome with low open bottom pants haha

WOW!!! Those came out looking amazing!

I'm about to do a little customization of my own on my mvp lunar 2 trainers lol.

Anyone know how the bottoms/sole on these compares to the nicer turfs the mlb guys get?
These soles are similar just don't look at sharp and pointy
The sole is not as spikey as the baseball turfs.  They would work for pregame but I wouldnt rockem in a game.  I see softball guys wearing them but thats softball.  I know that Nike has a shoe called the astro grabber which I own.  I wear those for BP and pregame and they hold up really well.  The have good traction and are light weight.  

%24_57.JPG

I thought I'd share the results of my first attempt at shoe customization. I used Angelus paints. I'm by no means an artsy or handy person by any stretch, so I'm sure anybody can do a decent job as long as you have the time and patience. Thanks guys!

Before:

After:
Those turned out amazing. Do you mind sharing a little more in depth break down of how you customized them? (brush, if you used tape to be precise etc.)

A few random notes:
- I used a toothbrush to flick the paint splatter on the midsole, using a grocery bag to protect the other parts of the shoe. There's a useful video on the Angelus FAQ page to show how to do this.
- I used as much tape as possible to paint the different sections, tracing and cutting the tape for curved portions. Still, there were parts (white around the laces, Jordan logo) that I had to do by hand using a very small brush and lots of patience (steady hand not even necessary, which I don't have).
- I used two types of tape: vinyl and masking. Vinyl is much more sticky and is better for cloth surfaces, but will strip paint. Masking will not strip paint and can be used to trace curved portions.
- I used the Princeton paint brush set that's sold on the Angelus site. They seem to be pretty good quality.
- don't be afraid to screw up because you can always touch up mistakes as long as you have the right paint colors.
- there are plenty of minor imperfections around the shoes, but they're only noticeable if you inspect them up close.
- I painted the laces since I couldn't find an exact color match available for sale. Mix the paint with fabric medium (1:1 ratio) and then heat set the laces to prevent color bleeding. I used my girlfriend's hair straightening iron because my iron (for clothes) broke.
- Angelus recommends using their surface preparer (to promote paint adhesion) and finisher (to protect the paint job), but I used neither. These shoes were minty so I didn't have to worry about removing dirt from the surfaces. I plan on wearing these only in dry conditions and in more casual games when I probably won't need to slide (I play slopitch), so I'm hoping they won't take too much of a beating.
- I painted two light coats, followed by three thicker coats, waiting for the paint to dry in between each time. Paints dry relatively quickly, around 15 minutes.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

As an aside, I really enjoyed this project. It was fun to see the shoe slowly come together after each section was painted until the product was finished. I would definitely do it again and try another shoe model and color scheme.

I'm watching the Nats game and Bryce is wearing these sweet UA bg's. Normally I wouldn't post UA on here but these are nice. Funny thing is they're really Ryan Zimmerman's bg's. They have Zimm and 11 on the wrist. Tv said Ryan let Bryce rock them for the game.
View media item 1496250

I'm watching the Nats game and Bryce is wearing these sweet UA bg's. Normally I wouldn't post UA on here but these are nice. Funny thing is they're really Ryan Zimmerman's bg's. They have Zimm and 11 on the wrist. Tv said Ryan let Bryce rock them for the game.
View media item 1496250
Ryan Zimmerman is the only guy I can recall throughout the years that has always been hooked up by UA. He always gets some pretty sweet gear

Back
Top Bottom