MODS LOCK UP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do what you think is right. Anybody with a conscience would know that the right thing to do is to give the shoes back. The fact that you are asking people if you can wiggle your way out of a situation through loopholes in the law shows that you know you're in the wrong. Make your own bread and buy your own shoes.
A gift is a gift,no matter the circumstances. You shouldn't expect toget it back.

If I gave someone a gift(especially a gf), I wouldnt expect it back or want it back. Thats just me.

So you got punked into driving her car when you didnt want to...even when you should've been driving her anyways.  Then YOU made an error driving and hit a car.  You dented HER car and made a pretty nice sized dent.  And now you don't wanna help pay the damages because you don't wanna lose your shoes?

Go find a quote yourself if you really don't believe her.  But don't act like she made you do something that sounds so weak as a man
Bruh I didn't fight it. She said "You drive." and I said okay. I really didn't care about driving. What happened was an accident. Yall act like I did it on purpose or some ish.

Not giving her the shoes back is me not letting her walk all over me and win. I ain't goin down like that.

I'm not lawyer but like someone said before it WAS your fault since you were driving the car regardless of whether or not she told you to drive it or not you were the one behind the wheels. As far as the estimate/quote goes ask for a hard copy of the estimate from the shop that she went to so you can see the actual amount. What model/year was the car? Depending on the car if it has sensors or not on it usually it doesn't cost upwards of 1k to replace the bumper, prime, paint and install it but that all depends on the car. My suggestion is just pay for the damages since it was your fault. As far as the package goes it was a gift from her to you so it's totally up to you if you want to give it back to her or not.

EDIT: Did you take pics of the dent when it happened? That way if she was to be a real b**** she could cause some more damage to it and make you pay for it.

Last edited:
OP girl is just gonna give the kicks to her new man.  Dude sound like a lil boy.  She busting it open for a real _ these days.

:lol: I honestly don't care if she got a new man. That's all good and dandy for her, but she ain't walkin over me like im a punk *****.

OP girl is just gonna give the kicks to her new man.  Dude sound like a lil boy.  She busting it open for a real _ these days.
laugh.gif
I honestly don't care if she got a new man. That's all good and dandy for her, but she ain't walkin over me like im a punk *****.
You are a punk if you wont own up to crashing her car.  Your poor driving caused the damage.  Pay up. Simple as that.  Do you have a father figure?

I'm not lawyer but like someone said before it WAS your fault since you were driving the car regardless of whether or not she told you to drive it or not you were the one behind the wheels. As far as the estimate/quote goes ask for a hard copy of the estimate from the shop that she went to so you can see the actual amount. What model/year was the car? Depending on the car if it has sensors or not on it usually it doesn't cost upwards of 1k to replace the bumper, prime, paint and install it but that all depends on the car. My suggestion is just pay for the damages since it was your fault. As far as the package goes it was a gift from her to you so it's totally up to you if you want to give it back to her or not.
EDIT: Did you take pics of the dent when it happened? That way if she was to be a real b**** she could cause some more damage to it and make you pay for it.

'06 Hyundai Sonata.

No, I didn't take pics of it.

You are a punk if you wont own up to crashing her car.  Your poor driving caused the damage.  Pay up. Simple as that.  Do you have a father figure?

:lol: I'll pay for it. Just need the time to get the money and need to get a REAL quote on it. Chill out w/ all this "OP ain't a man" ****

'06 Hyundai Sonata.
No, I didn't take pics of it.

Either she's raping you with that 1k estimate or her body shop is raping her with that price because the bumpers for that car don't go past 350 with tax. Add paint and installation and you're looking at 5-600 at most. My suggestion again is to ask her to go to a few body shop's in town, get a few quotes, and pay for it. Done deal.

laugh.gif
I'll pay for it. Just need the time to get the money and need to get a REAL quote on it. Chill out w/ all this "OP ain't a man" ****
Go get a real quote and pay that lesser price then but just stop with the "i didn't ask to drive" stuff.

Pride goeth before thy fall.

Short term loss, long term gain.

Take responsibility for your actions and hold yourself accountable for a poor decision.

I would never drive someone else's car that I'm not on the insurance for. My mom won't even ask me to or allow me to drive her car and I've never hit anyone and almost 30. It's the principle.

Sent her a text

" You let me know if you want to be civil and figure something out. Unless you were serious about going through paying for everything such as a lawyer, filing everything, etc. I'm willing to help pay for it or pay for as much as I can get it quoted for. If I can take the car to get it quoted at places I find, then I will pay for that. I'm willing to help you. "

Yeah, that car shouldn't cost that much to fix a bumper.

indifferent.gif
Shoes are that important to you?
indifferent.gif

Come up off them shoes have her sign a note saying you gave the shoes back as payment to fix her ride and be done with the BS.

alien.gif

Only on NT would shoes be involved with a car crash
laugh.gif

Son ain't coming up off them DMPs

Shoulda send her this text

" You let me know if you want to be civil and get off my D. I hope you were serious about going through paying for everything such as a lawyer, filing everything, etc. I'm willing to NOT pay you ish. You can quote me on that. If I can take the car and keep it, then I will pay for that. I'm willing to sleep with you; i'll fix your bumper :wink: "

3rd year law student here

she wont get a lawyer, thats more expensive than fixing the car herself

she could try to take you to small claims court

but in reality she cant do anything to you: the shoes were a gift, and she didnt opt to go through insurance so its her bad about the dent (insurance owuld have covered it.

having said that, while technically she cant touch you if you decide to not help whatsoever, its your decision

:stoneface: Shoes are that important to you?:stoneface:

Come up off them shoes have her sign a note saying you gave the shoes back as payment to fix her ride and be done with the BS.

0]

yall are some fools. You really think that if I give those shoes back, she's not going to still try to take me to court to pay this off? She's gonna get those shoes AND get me to pay off her car?

You act like she was bein an angel asking me all nice to pay this off. She was being a real ***** straight up TELLING me that I was gonna pay for it. Telling me that I was gonna give her those shoes back, like she has control over me. I ain't no punk *****.

Call it pride, but id rather just take the L and pay for a quote from a body shop I can find than give her both Ws.

im not a lawyer but regardless if you wanted or asked to drive the car, your responsible if your behind the wheel. thats just common sense :rofl:

she can sue you and she would win, you were driving the car, you hit the car, you are at fault.

/thread

Only on NT would shoes be involved with a car crash
laugh.gif

Son ain't coming up off them DMPs
My dude mentioned them once in the opening post, and skimmed over it like that it is out of the question what else you got. 

And this better be the OG DMP and not the VII DMP

3rd year law student here

she wont get a lawyer, thats more expensive than fixing the car herself

she could try to take you to small claims court

but in reality she cant do anything to you: the shoes were a gift, and she didnt opt to go through insurance so its her bad about the dent (insurance owuld have covered it.

having said that, while technically she cant touch you if you decide to not help whatsoever, its your decision

Would it cover her even though I was driving and I'm not on her insurance? Would it fly in court if I said that she can go through the insurance, but instead decided to go through me out of spite?

im not a lawyer but regardless if you wanted or asked to drive the car, your responsible if your behind the wheel. thats just common sense
roll.gif

she can sue you and she would win, you were driving the car, you hit the car, you are at fault.
/thread
actually.....

he is not responsible, as her car and any accidents while he drove it would be covered by her insurance....

nah OP you just cheap.

give the chick $500 for now and tell her you will pay her the other half later.

if you wont do that then you're cheap then i hope she sues you. you're at fault, sell the shoes or fix the car brah :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom